Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #76
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
Got the lights. Attempting install right now.
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #77
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

lights are mounted but they do not work. I followed the directions which were geared towards a bmw gs and not triumph tiger to the best of my ability. After this photo was taken I flipped one of the lights so they both have 2 lights up top.

TallRob screwed with this post 12-10-2010 at 10:48 PM
Old 12-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #78
CGameProgrammer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
They don't work? Have you made sure 12V is going to them?
CGameProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:23 AM   #79
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Oddometer: 1,738
Wow. That's very odd that they didn't work. Before trying anything else, did you have your key in the "on" position? Or with the bike running?

I can imagine your frustration right now. I've personally never heard of a set of Clearwater lights that were DOA out of the box, so it's probably something simple. Check your wiring and call either Clearwater or RocketMoto and go over how you have them wired. I'm sure it's something simple and you'll have them up and running in a jiffy. Please keep me posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallRob View Post
lights are mounted but they do not work. I followed the directions which were geared towards a bmw gs and not triumph tiger to the best of my ability. After this photo was taken I flipped one of the lights so they both have 2 lights up top.

Join us! The Central Florida Tag-o-Rama
Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:45 AM   #80
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

the wiring diagram to the on/off switch does not match the wiring that i have. I sent Rocket a PM....Something is off. I had the key in on position,. headlights on, dimmer roll up full. Something aint right.
OK,Trouble shootin' time.
The white wire labeled 'to hibeam' went here:

I attached the ground wire to this bolt.

The other white wire labeled 'to horn' went to a black wire with a white dot on it. See, the Tiger horn as 3 wires. One horn lead has a purple wire with a blue stripe. The other horn lead contains 2 black wires. One of them has a white dot. That is the wire I tapped into.
Now, on to the on/off switch. 3 red wires, im clueless too how to connect to the 3 connector switch. The diagram only shows 2 wires.The ground wire I connected to the switch and found a ground. However for the Tiger that ground needs to be 3 feet longer to find a proper ground to the main frame under the seat where there are bolts of that connector size. I ended up grounding to the steel bolt that touches a frame member that holds the sw-motech light bar attachement. So there yeah go boys. Hopefully someone can help me.

TallRob screwed with this post 12-11-2010 at 03:16 AM
Old 12-11-2010, 05:44 AM   #81
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Call me - we're in the shop today, 877.533.4245.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #82
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

i tried calling just now.....no one picks up. i left my number
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMoto View Post
Call me - we're in the shop today, 877.533.4245.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #83
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Did you get in touch with RocketMoto and/or get your wiring figured out? RocketMoto is good people and I'm sure he'll be able to help you get this sorted. I'd offer some assistance myself but I'm "wiring challenged" and had a shop install mine for me. Please keep us posted.

Quote:
i tried calling just now.....no one picks up. i left my number

Old 12-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #84
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Hey Adam, Thank you so much for your help. It works. Well almost. The horn still doesnt. I gave up on that for the time being but the dimmer and the flash/brights work. Damn this is bright!
Yep,definetly changes need to be made for it to work on my Tiger 1050............Going for a ride in this 80F sunny day in Socal!

I'll be intouch later.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #85
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Glad you got it working.

Adam...thanks for helping.

Quote:
Hey Adam, Thank you so much for your help. It works. Well almost. The horn still doesnt. I gave up on that for the time being but the dimmer and the flash/brights work. Damn this is bright!
Yep,definetly changes need to be made for it to work on my Tiger 1050............Going for a ride in this 80F sunny day in Socal!

I'll be intouch later.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:33 PM   #86
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

One thing I like about these lights. At 20% they are just annoying enough to slow moving road hogs up on the malibu canyon roads that they actually pull over and let you by! That never happens to me. I usually have to power around them when its safe. But those lights are just too annoying even on low power they just dont want then in their rear view mirror. Man, at full blast these things could start brush fires......lol

At the rock store people wanted to know where the ballast was for these "HID's.
Here is the SW-Motech light bar I used. I also had to drill a bigger hole on the Krista bracket so that I could place the lights an inch lower to clear the body work.

Lights off. camera flash on.

Lights at about 20% intensity. Camera flash on.

Lights at 100% intensity with high beam on. Camera flash on. The camera flash makes the lights look less bright. Due to Camera's auto aperature software.
ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN ADAM! EVERYONE GO BUY STUFF FROM ROCKETMOTO. ITS COLD OVER THERE HE NEEDS BUSINESS TO KEEP WARM.
AGAIN, THANKS IS NO NOT ENOUGH FOR HELPING ME OUT.

TallRob screwed with this post 12-11-2010 at 04:52 PM
Old 12-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #87
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,907
Adam is a great guy! When I was unable to get my Kristas installed at the RA Rally in southern VT this summer because he was trying to get his first install on an 800GS right, he actually rode up to my home in north central VT to install them! Taught me a lot about wiring in the process. Talk about customer service!!!

I keep trying to buy a killer suspension from him but he still has nothing for the GS in that category.
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #88
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

I had to go to frys and pep boys to get stuff to complete the install. I spent about $90 bucks on stuff. I had to get a multi meter. Finally had a good excuse to get a new one. I lent out mine a decade ago and never got it back. Had to get more wire and connectors and a wire stripper. Alot was learned today to make a better kit for Tiger 1050 owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
Adam is a great guy! When I was unable to get my Kristas installed at the RA Rally in southern VT this summer because he was trying to get his first install on an 800GS right, he actually rode up to my home in north central VT to install them! Taught me a lot about wiring in the process. Talk about customer service!!!

I keep trying to buy a killer suspension from him but he still has nothing for the GS in that category.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #89
Meltdown OP
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Please be sure to let Clearwater know what you learned from doing your install. Glenn is always trying to find ways of improving his products and making the install more user friendly.

Quote:
Alot was learned today to make a better kit for Tiger 1050 owners.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #90
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

I sent him an email this morning telling him of my difficulty. I replied telling him that Adam ( Did I tell you all Adam= Mr. Awesome) helped me and that he would get in touch with me. I also told him that some of the gear he sent had to be modified to fit. Namely the POT "L" bracket had to have a bigger hole. It comes with a big hole and a smaller hole. Both holes need to be the same sized big hole to work on the Tiger 1050 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
Please be sure to let Clearwater know what you learned from doing your install. Glenn is always trying to find ways of improving his products and making the install more user friendly.