User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #151
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Hi,
Alain is the Frenchman, I'm from Germany and my English is, unfortunately, disastrous.

BR, Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto
Or Is it only Alain who speaks french?
Thanks for all your efforts and amazing software anyhow.
Cheers!
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Tom-Hamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #152
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Hamburg
Hi,
Alain is the Frenchman, I'm from Germany and my English is, unfortunately, disastrous.

BR, Tom
I find it very good!
Thanks again. i'm thrilled by tuneecu and I know I'm not the only one!!
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #153
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
Ok, lets play.

I found the same reading on the throttle opening on my 07 when cold from 1% to 96%.
EDIT: (my voltage was .66 cold and closed throttle.) shit, or was that while i had it running... i will have to recheck that one today.

Also found a few error codes..
TPS..low volt or short?......p0122
Front injector circuit malfunction?....p0201
Air inlet temp. i remember doing that one....p0113

Also what would be an aceptible diference in the throttle body sink.
I was at 3 or 4 bars when i read mine and they would fluctuate a bit but the numbers looked something like this... 377 and 365

As for the voltages, i think they are the same. It looks like we are aiming for 3.6v or is it 3.8v with wide open throttle, Hoping that those that have done this will chime in with there experience with this.....Please correct me if i am wrong..

from the SD forum....

And one more.
I'll try it this weekend and tell you my results.

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #154
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Hamburg
Good day,
I'm Tom and I am the operator for the homepage www.tuneecu.com
For problems with the software please contact Alain.
New Maps, You may send you to me or Alain.
Sorry for my bad English but I hope you can understand me.
BR, Tom
Great to see one of the developers 'lurking' on our little site
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #155
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns
I'll try it this weekend and tell you my results.
Thanks,... ya it's going to be a a while before i can go for a ride...

I looked at my TPS voltage again today and it was at 7 cold and 6.6 warm, so that is a bit off.

Also looked at the TB's while running and they seemed to be 380 on the front and 370 on the rear cylinder, about 10 points difference at idle. When reved up and held to 3000 rpm they went up to 400 with the rear one now about 7 point higher? Hmm.

Well at least i have a few months to get familiar with the software.

I've noticed the switch between the F and L maps seems all over the place on the different maps, this looks like a place to that needs further investigating and testing.

Also would like to welcome Tom and Alain, and say thank you.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:47 AM   #156
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 296
testing

Quote:
I've noticed the switch between the F and L maps seems all over the place on the different maps, this looks like a place to that needs further investigating and testing.
-This setting ->set this less than 10% from 2000rpm and higher.
-Together with a TB sync -> main plates sync + second plates sync if still installed (disable first the second plates: by or removing them or manually open them. After the main plates are done, then enable the second plates again and sync them).
-And finally a TPS adjustment.

If i readed the different forums correct, this makes a big diffence.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:37 AM   #157
nevermind
Swamp Thing

Oddometer: 2,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01
-This setting ->set this less than 10% from 2000rpm and higher.
-Together with a TB sync -> main plates sync + second plates sync if still installed (disable first the second plates: by or removing them or manually open them. After the main plates are done, then enable the second plates again and sync them).
-And finally a TPS adjustment.

If i read the different forums correct, this makes a big difference.

Thanks for posting that up, it sounds good! The user Power-Tripp over on www.triumphrat.net does performance tuning on an eddy current dyno here in the US and he's saying something similar regarding the F-L map switching. I 'm going to try these values: 9 5 2 1 0 0 0 0 in the F-L settings on my 2010 990R map and see how it goes. I like what I have now, but perfection may just be one check box away!

Here's Power-Tripp's post:
http://www.triumphrat.net/1451505-post9.html

Here's his site:
http://www.power-tripp.com/

Regardless, this is fun stuff!

EDIT:

My Idle is now 1760 at 40c and 1740 at 65c for an average of 1750 here on the hot sandbar. I wound up setting the F-L switch to 9 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 to get back to smooth running. I tried the graduated transition and didn't think it worked well.

FWIW, my 2010 990 appears to like a higher idle setting. I seem to recall a tuner I worked with years back telling me modern v-twins handle throttle transitions better with a higher idle. On my last short run around the neighborhood, the throttle was smooth.

nevermind screwed with this post 11-24-2010 at 02:08 PM
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #158
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks sparky and nevermind. I have about 3 different pages open at powertrips site that i am going thru.

The Triumph forum has some useful info also...
http://www.triumphtorque.com/message...iscussion.aspx

http://www.triumphtorque.com/message...-question.aspx
Old 11-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #159
nevermind
Swamp Thing

Quote:
Thanks sparky and nevermind. I have about 3 different pages open at powertrips site that i am going thru.

http://www.triumphtorque.com/message...-question.aspx

I like this thread and I'll probably try a more graduated setting on mine, as opposed to going to all 0's so soon. I'll try to get to a dyno with an EGA so I can check my AFR.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #160
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermind
I like this thread and I'll probably try a more graduated setting on mine, as opposed to going to all 0's so soon. I'll try to get to a dyno with an EGA so I can check my AFR.
Take a look at the 990R all years in the custom tunes section of the downloads and look at those F-L switch #s.

You have an 09 or 10 ADV R ? I think that was a dyno tune that works for those years...

This link has just the 990 maps in it with descriptions, by clicking on the flag to the right of the file.... Linky
Old 11-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #161
nevermind
Swamp Thing

Quote:
Take a look at the 990R all years in the custom tunes section of the downloads and look at those F-L switch #s.

You have an 09 or 10 ADV R ? I think that was a dyno tune that works for those years...

This link has just the 990 maps in it with descriptions, by clicking on the flag to the right of the file.... Linky

I run a 2010 990A with the R map loaded by a local dealer. When saved from the bike it was the KM601US0902002Map.hex map which I sent to Tom Hamburg.

I've reviewed the switch settings and read what Wayne from Tuneboy and others have done to smooth out the transition from small throttle openings to large. Telling the ECU to use the TPS and not the MAP sensor seems to be their general plan. The caveat is not doing it too soon and causing overly lean AFR. This is identified through dyno runs using a probe and/or by listening for popping when you get off the throttle. I have no popping anywhere in the powerband when closing the throttle. The other caveat is don't set it to go to the TPS too soon or you risk getting poor response from the bike when you do whack the throttle open.

Getting on a dyno with an gas and AFR probe is going to be my next step.

nevermind screwed with this post 11-25-2010 at 05:17 PM
Old 11-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #162
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Thumb

Sounds good keep us posted with your findings.

I was thinking about that also.... zeroing the switch and it going to the other map and the effects on fuel and timing tables...

Dyno's or data loggers would be the way to get it right.

Has anyone looked at there throttle body sink #s, just interested as to others findings. Mine had a difference of 10 points between them, seems like they should be closer.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #163
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 296
f-l switch

Don't go too low with the switch map

I was pointing to a setting like this: 12,12,12,10,5,5,5,5.
It needs the L map for the low rpm's to run on a good A/F ratio.
And nobody drives his bike below 2500rpm so it has no point to alter the setting there.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #164
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Are there any inmates have trouble getting the software and drivers installed on Windows 7 properly and having trouble connecting to the ECU.

I did a tutorial of the steps when i reformatted and did a fresh install of windows 7, with screen shots of the dialog boxes along the way.

Just wondering if there is a need for me to post this here or start a new thread or just forget it.

The reason i ask is because on the Duke forum a few people have had some issues getting things working smooth with Win 7.

Cheers.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #165
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Are there any inmates have trouble getting the software and drivers installed on Windows 7 properly and having trouble connecting to the ECU.

I did a tutorial of the steps when i reformatted and did a fresh install of windows 7, with screen shots of the dialog boxes along the way.

Just wondering if there is a need for me to post this here or start a new thread or just forget it.

The reason i ask is because on the Duke forum a few people have had some issues getting things working smooth with Win 7.

Cheers.
Hey dusty email me at ilovetocode@gmail.com. It works fine on mine and I am running win 7.

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote