Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #1981
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
This sounds exactly like what I'm seeing with about 80 miles on the bike. I'll give it a little bit of time to sort itself out. I hadn't considered the warranty being an issue but it's probably wise to hold off on invalidating anything until I'm sure there are no major problems.

Thanks all for the advice. Orange Crush has been an amazing resource for this new owner.
Have the dealer install the 2011 map if you want to insure the warranty is kept. Stock 2011 map is an improvement over what you have now.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #1982
trickster
Greek n00b

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickster View Post
Hi, could anyone share information about mapping for cpr/itg type filters? Currently I'm running shootis map (hybrid 2007 and 2009 model) and i would like to be a little more on the safe side since i'm having installed an itg filter by myself. The map itself it's richer than the standard akrapovic but i do suspect it might need to be a little richer.
not anyone willing to share a map for a fellow adventurer? might be the case..

well perhaps anyone can contribute with this one..

when you accelerate hard can you hear a metallic rattle coming perhaps from the valves which settles down after you keep the trottle steady at some specific rpm?

I'm afraid that this sound is probably pinging coming from detonation from starvation. With the akrapovic map is a little less but it's there.
trickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #1983
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,977
Quote:

when you accelerate hard can you hear a metallic rattle coming perhaps from the valves which settles down after you keep the trottle steady at some specific rpm?

I'm afraid that this sound is probably pinging coming from detonation from starvation. With the akrapovic map is a little less but it's there.
What year model is your bike ?

I am running a '07-'09 hybrid map with my stock air filter and have good feedback on that. Many people here have used the Powertripp maps '09 i believe with good results.

Have you had a look at the TuneECU map download page ?
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #1984
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,634
Quote:

I've got something similar going on, so I'm .
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #1985
trickster
Greek n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
What year model is your bike ?

I am running a '07-'09 hybrid map with my stock air filter and have good feedback on that. Many people here have used the Powertripp maps '09 i believe with good results.

Have you had a look at the TuneECU map download page ?
Hi thanks for your answer, i was recently using shootis map but after installing an itg filter i seem to have these results. It happens with the akrapovic map as well.

Now i don't know if it is something that was always there but the old plastic box sealed the noise away or is something that it isn't supposed to happen. It came after installing an itg filter. Perhaps it might be ok but if there is an cpr/itg filter user that experiences the same please let me know.

My bike is an euro 07 model.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #1986
trickster
Greek n00b

Quote:
Hi thanks for your answer, i was recently using shootis map but after installing an itg filter i seem to have these results. It happens with the akrapovic map as well.

Now i don't know if it is something that was always there but the old plastic box sealed the noise away or is something that it isn't supposed to happen. It came after installing an itg filter. Perhaps it might be ok but if there is an cpr/itg filter user that experiences the same please let me know.

i made a clip so you might get a better idea. Notice the high pitch sound when accelerating.

http://youtu.be/wZWHgLOdLKQ
Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #1987
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
The guy that tuned my bike heard that too. He played around with the mapping to see if it was detonation but in the end, decided it was the cam chain.

Quote:

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #1988
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
i made a clip so you might get a better idea. Notice the high pitch sound when accelerating.

http://youtu.be/wZWHgLOdLKQ
Yep, mine's the same. I could hear it before my airbox came off though. It started doing it when I was out west last year and happened after my bike was running terribly. The bike quit running rough after I changed a very dirty air filter, except for intermittently, and given the condition of my fuel pump filters as I saw in my recent fixes to the bike, I can see why it ran rough sometimes. But the high pitched rattle is still there.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #1989
trickster
Greek n00b

well, thank god i'm relieved that my engine won't blow up just in my face

perhaps i should stay positive and just enjoy the benefits.. the power is overwhelming now

thanks o.c, you're the best..!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #1990
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Quote:
well, thank god i'm relieved that my engine won't blow up just in my face

perhaps i should stay positive and just enjoy the benefits.. the power is overwhelming now

thanks o.c, you're the best..!
Yeah, I think we are both ok. I wish the sound would go away, but I've quit being anxious about it.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #1991
felixblack1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
not another snatchy throttle question...

Hi everyone, 2008 990 Adv S with stock EU fuel map running stock exhaust (hopefully not for too much longer). I've recently adjusted my secondary butterflies to minium 25% opening in an attempt to fix the snatchy throttle issue. It's helped a little but I don't think it's the right way to fix it. I've read this entire thread and have seen the occasional reccomendation to load the later fuel maps and also power-trips fuel map. Those with 06-08 bikes that have done this have you found this to help? Have any chucked a wideband on/put it on the dyno to see how the motor is coping with these richer maps? I'm worried with our mismatched cams and ignition maps the motor will be running too rich. Has anyone had a custom tune for the 06-08 990s that they are willing to send me?
felixblack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #1992
trickster
Greek n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixblack1 View Post
Hi everyone, 2008 990 Adv S with stock EU fuel map running stock exhaust (hopefully not for too much longer). I've recently adjusted my secondary butterflies to minium 25% opening in an attempt to fix the snatchy throttle issue. It's helped a little but I don't think it's the right way to fix it. I've read this entire thread and have seen the occasional reccomendation to load the later fuel maps and also power-trips fuel map. Those with 06-08 bikes that have done this have you found this to help? Have any chucked a wideband on/put it on the dyno to see how the motor is coping with these richer maps? I'm worried with our mismatched cams and ignition maps the motor will be running too rich. Has anyone had a custom tune for the 06-08 990s that they are willing to send me?
I tried yesterday tripp's map and the bike wouldn't even start. For our bikes (pre 09 models) the best way to go in my opinion is with shootis map. Or perhaps with a custom map from a tuner..

For your problem i fixed the snatchy throttle by purchasing the oval second butterflies.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:51 AM   #1993
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Quote:

Mine's also a Euro '07 "S" model and i have a hint of that sound coming, but thats just the cam chains as i understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixblack1 View Post
The powertripp map is tuned for the newer motors with much more ignition advance and different cams. I tried copying the map cells over to my '07 stock map while leaving the ignition maps stock but then i guessed that it would be running un-necessarily rich and might even lead to bad running as i'll be left with stock ignition timing so i didn't load the map. I'm now using a '07-'09 Hybrid map with good results in the power delivery and unchanged mileage.

Still waiting to find a capable dyno tuner to take my bike with TuneECU and tune the bike while monitoring AFR for best results (power & mileage)
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #1994
Duhfactor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
So, just double checking on something in TuneEcu here. When we check the box for 02 sensors, or secondary throttles, or SAS, etc, that means it's enabled or active, right? When the box is unchecked, or clear, that means those items are shut off or inactive?

Thanks folks...
Old 02-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #1995
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhfactor View Post
So, just double checking on something in TuneEcu here. When we check the box for 02 sensors, or secondary throttles, or SAS, etc, that means it's enabled or active, right? When the box is unchecked, or clear, that means those items are shut off or inactive?

Thanks folks...
Yep, thats right.