Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #226
Tirespin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
You guys got the software for next to free(hopefully you donated to there sight), the cable for cheep so now get together and buy a wide-band and share it?
I'm still waiting on my cable, should be here in a few days. I've got just enough knowledge and equipment to be dangerous.

My goal is simple - eliminate the snatchiness on trailing <=> part throttle, and improve the gas mileage (I'm willing to spend some $$ to get it done, but I suspect handing the bike over to a "pro" will be out of my budget, plus I think most bike shop pros are hacks).

Will buying a wide-band help with that? If so, what is it (just new O2 sensors? or something else?), where do I get it, and what do I do with it?
Old 12-13-2010, 02:29 PM   #227
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirespin View Post
I'm still waiting on my cable, should be here in a few days. I've got just enough knowledge and equipment to be dangerous.

My goal is simple - eliminate the snatchiness on trailing <=> part throttle, and improve the gas mileage (I'm willing to spend some $$ to get it done, but I suspect handing the bike over to a "pro" will be out of my budget, plus I think most bike shop pros are hacks).

Will buying a wide-band help with that? If so, what is it (just new O2 sensors? or something else?), where do I get it, and what do I do with it?

Here's a good start for a portable wideband recorder.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm2.php
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #228
teti
especie en extincion ®

Oddometer: 143
This afternoon probe do a down grade to load the 2006 map and get message error incompatible with ecu, any map you happened the same?

We tested two 990R repris a standard and another without 2nd throttle without O2 without ups, and the difference is abysmal best q works without all that

Best regards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

esta tarde probe hacer un down grade cargar el mapa 2006 y sale mensaje error mapa no compatible con ecu , alguno le sucedio lo mismo?

probamos repris dos 990R una estandar y otra sin 2º acelerador,sin O2, sin SAI, y la diferencia es abismal lo mejor q funciona sin todo eso

saludos
teti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #229
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post

669 isn't that bad for a 32 channel dual wide band, from what i've been seeing.

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #230
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns View Post
669 isn't that bad for a 32 channel dual wide band, from what i've been seeing.
I use the old style one. Single wideband and just change cylinders. It got replaced by this.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/INN-3806/

Spot on with the dyno I use and I have probably 6-7K miles on it. Has been reliable except for some excellant up grade work Cyborg had to do that was more related to how I use it I think. It doesn't really fit well in my tank bag. I tend to stay with stuff I know is tried and true. Lot of tuners use Innovate. Tired of buying crap that doesn't last or even work.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #231
teti
especie en extincion ®

Oddometer: 143
good day step to have testing

two 990R 2010 equal km except rear wheel the mia 150 - 70-18 and my colleague 140-80-18, equal weights, and both with tanks filled with making repris (go into one leaves the same lap and unused clutch speed)
the mia with original without CLD, UPS, 2nd Accelerator and O2 map and idling speed 1485 k
the other totally original
3rd Exchange 2000 snatch RPM takes a motorbike and measure q rising laps is tremendous difference in favour of the mia almost reaching sacerle at least 20-25 meters, the same test and 4º changed the same difference.
back home we hooked up my friend with tuneecu motorbike and charge the same map without everything thing before mensionado less the 2nd Accelerator but I take work put across its range to 100%
exit and testing again (repris) almost equal very small difference in favour of the mia which already may be due to the difference in height of tyres q is 2%, grandiose as q is achieved with this program and lucky enough to have another bike just to test,
q were already try to load maps of 2006 and 2007 models exiting the q error map is not compatible with this ECU
I hope serve them these data
Greetings atte

grandioso Tom y Alan son unos genios tremendamente agradecido

-----------------------------------------------------------
buen dia paso a contar pruebas realizadas
dos 990R 2010 iguales en km salvo rueda trasera la mia 150-70-18 y de mi compañero 140-80-18, pesos iguales y ambos con tanques llenos, haciendo repris (ir en una marcha a las mismas vueltas y sin usar embrague acelerar)
la mia con mapa original sin EPC,SAI,2ºAcelerador y sin O2, y el ralenti a 1485 rpm,
la otra totalmente original
en 3º cambio a 2000 rpm de arrancada saca una moto y a medida q suben vueltas es tremenda la diferencia a favor de la mia casi hasta llegar a sacerle por lo menos 20 a 25 mts, la misma prueba y en 4º cambio la misma diferencia.
volvemos a casa conectamos la moto de mi amigo con tuneecu y cargamos el mismo mapa sin todo lo antes mensionado menos el 2º acelerador pero me tomo el trabajo de ponerlo en toda su gama al 100%,
salimos y pruebas nuevamente (repris) casi iguales muy pequeña diferencia a favor de la mia lo cual ya se puede deber a la diferencia de altura del neumatico q es el 2%, es grandioso lo q se logra con este programa y la suerte de tener otra moto exactamente igual para testearla,
ya q estabamos intente cargar mapas de modelos 2006 y 2007 saliendo el error q el mapa no es compatible con esta ECU,
espero les sirva estos datos
saludos atte
teti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #232
twodollardoug
the calimesa kid

Oddometer: 337
do you guys think it is worth the extra 200 bucks for the 2nd channel controller. im serious thinking about getting the wideband because i have a few cars i could use it on as well.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #233
twodollardoug
the calimesa kid

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post

hey cyborg, ive been thinking about getting the LM-2. but one thing i am unclear about is how to wire it up. will the tuneboy/tuneecu cable work? or do i have to wire each sensor individually? ie: rpm, map sensor, air temp, air pressure etc.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #234
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubblehead View Post
hey cyborg, ive been thinking about getting the LM-2. but one thing i am unclear about is how to wire it up. will the tuneboy/tuneecu cable work? or do i have to wire each sensor individually? ie: rpm, map sensor, air temp, air pressure etc.
I'm no expert on the Innovate stuff. I've used the older LM-1 from Tahoeacr and also the Tach + 4 channel I/O (LMA-2) cable that plugs into it. The LM's are stand alone portable systems that log/record a run. Data can be downloaded from them to software on a computer and displayed. You have to hardwire the 5V sensors and tach signal to the data I/O cable, not a trivial task.

The LM2 is the next gen and looks fancier, but pricier, and USB download rather than Serial download of the LM-1 models. Many laptops and netbooks no longer have a serial port.

Single channel wideband LM-1's are still out there new for ~$250 (Amazon, etc) and maybe combined with the TuneECU's display could give you most of the instantaneous info you want for fairly inexpensive, but probably not be able to log it into files for later review.

If you want to see more about what Tahoeacr and I did earlier, it's in this Tuneboy thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328809
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #235
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Update

12-15-10 TuneECUv1.8 now released

Support Speed Triple 2011.
Copy / paste the table values (individuals and groups).
Adding a DLL file and delete key.

BR, Tom
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Tom-Hamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #236
shiskowd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
.NET FrameWork and XP??

Tom and others,

Does MS .NET FrameWork have to be at 2.0 for TuneECU to work properly? I downgraded a notebook to 2.0 per some of the install instructions and successfully used the TuneECU to pull down a map, etc. from my 2010 Adv. Since then the auto-update feature in Windows updated .NET back to 3.5. I haven't tried TuneECU to see if it would still work. Do I need to downgrade again?
shiskowd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #237
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
No, FrameWork 3.5 is ok.
There are problems only with version 4

BR, Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiskowd View Post
Tom and others,

Does MS .NET FrameWork have to be at 2.0 for TuneECU to work properly? I downgraded a notebook to 2.0 per some of the install instructions and successfully used the TuneECU to pull down a map, etc. from my 2010 Adv. Since then the auto-update feature in Windows updated .NET back to 3.5. I haven't tried TuneECU to see if it would still work. Do I need to downgrade again?
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Tom-Hamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #238
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubblehead View Post
I thought of something crazy, but I wasn't trying to tune my bike I was trying to diagnose it. Use an app to record the display of your laptop and have the sensors up for tuneecu? Just an crazy idea...

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #239
Riddler990
I Suck, You Rule.

Oddometer: 523
Thanks Powercell
Riddler990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:08 AM   #240
thanassis
990R

Oddometer: 21
Got my cable today. Thank you Ken!