Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #271
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
I don't know for sure as I haven't checked part #'s. Someone(more vicious Internet rumours) said the '09-'10 cams were Superduke cams. IF this is true, I run 07 SD cams and have not had a problem in 10K+ miles. The Adventure runs average 5 to 7 degrees more advance ignition timing than the Superduke map. I put a knock sensor on my bike and never have an issue with too much timing. Going to give her some more one of these days. The SD cams seem to be more sensitive on fueling with the addition of other mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
The camshafts of a '09-'10 model are different!.
Camshafts 2008 model:

60136009000 CAMSHAFT INTAKE CPL. FRONT
60136010000 CAMSHAFT EXHAUST CPL. FRONT
60136110000 CAMSHAFT EXHAUST CPL. REAR
60136109000 CAMSHAFT INTAKE CPL. REAR

Camshafts 2009 model:

61136009000 CAMSHAFT INTAKE FRONT
61136010000 CAMSHAFT OUTLET FRONT
61136109000 CAMSHAFT INTAKE REAR
61136110000 CAMSHAFT OUTLET REAR

And the ignition and fuel tables are different.
So i don't think it's a good idea.
Your wright

Camshaft '07-'10 super duke
61136009000 CAMSHAFT INTAKE FRONT
61136010000 CAMSHAFT OUTLET FRONT
61136109000 CAMSHAFT INTAKE REAR
61136110000 CAMSHAFT OUTLET REAR

source: http://www.ktmpartfinder.com/

The pistons and the crank are also the same, i've checked it.
But this can also mean that a super duke mapping maybe also working on the '09-'10 models???
Only some tweaking is needed because the exhaust are completly different.

130hp instead of 115hp

Spark01 screwed with this post 12-31-2010 at 05:40 AM
Spark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:16 AM   #272
Killer Whale KTM
Life is the adventure!

Oddometer: 712
Guy's,
I know that my throttle bodys are not synced and want to do this first. Which guages should I be looking at ?Why do so many of the "features" on the left stay "ghosted out". I'm sure I'm hooked up and it shows rpm's and all the sensor read outs.
-Under the tests screen Is cyl 1 & 2 x10hPa my throttle bodies ?
-How do I use the test and adjust under the sensor read outs ?
-Under diagnostics should my manifold pressures by close to the same ?
-Under diagnostics the gauge that says TPS is that throttle position sensor? and what should it read at idle ?

I've got the bikr torn down and know I'm getting close to solving my issues, but I think I need to balance my throttle body's and make sure everything is working good before I start downloading different maps. I'm not throwing any error codes but I want to make sure a bad sensor isn't the root of my problems ! I also have'nt seen how to disable any sensors. My bike runs well, right after the ecu gets flashed and a map put in but the more I ride it the worse it gets. Would one muffler re-packed and the other not, effect some of those sensors or read outs ??
Thanks in advance !
Killer Whale KTM
Jeff
Old 12-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #273
Killer Whale KTM
Life is the adventure!

Now I'm really screwed !!
I re- mapped with a map that won't even let me start the bike ! I could not get it to take one that was meant for it . Now how do I erase it and flash the proper one ?
It says the ones that I should have are not copatible with my ECU ???????????
So much for riding today !
Help................Please !
Killer Whale KTM
Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #274
lc8john
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale KTM View Post
I re- mapped with a map that won't even let me start the bike ! I could not get it to take one that was meant for it . Now how do I erase it and flash the proper one ?
Killer Whale KTM
Go to this page: http://www.tomhamburg.net/KTM_Tune_list.html
Get the hex file that better suits your bike and flash the ECU again.

Good luck and a happy 2011

J.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:07 PM   #275
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
Killer Whale KTM
Did you save your original map before uploading a new one?
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #276
Killer Whale KTM
Life is the adventure!

Thanks for the replies,
I've got all the available files but the ones for my bike say they are incompatible with my ECU.
I did save my original map.
My problem seems to be that I can't delete or get rid of the map that I did install (wrong one, it's for adv R, which won't even let the bike start and makes the FI light come on and flashes the other the temp bars etc.) so that I can reinstall a different one.
Why would it let me download the wrong map but not the right one ? I'm quite sure I don't have an ADV R ! Is there some way to dump the current map ? Or wipe clean my ECU ? I've also got an error code that says
"P1650 lost communication with RCU (or mobilizer malfunction)"
Could the adv R's have a de-mobilizer (theft protection ) and because mine doesn't , it's causing a problem ?

Thanks for your time guy's, I'm going to find an adult beverage now !
Killer Whale KTM
Old 12-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #277
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Quote:
Thanks for the replies,
I've got all the available files but the ones for my bike say they are incompatible with my ECU.
I did save my original map.
My problem seems to be that I can't delete or get rid of the map that I did install (wrong one, it's for adv R, which won't even let the bike start and makes the FI light come on and flashes the other the temp bars etc.) so that I can reinstall a different one.
Why would it let me download the wrong map but not the right one ? I'm quite sure I don't have an ADV R ! Is there some way to dump the current map ? Or wipe clean my ECU ? I've also got an error code that says
"P1650 lost communication with RCU (or mobilizer malfunction)"
Could the adv R's have a de-mobilizer (theft protection ) and because mine doesn't , it's causing a problem ?

Thanks for your time guy's, I'm going to find an adult beverage now !
Killer Whale KTM
So you are saying that you turn the ignition on (engine off), plug the laptop with tuneecu running, select a map that work (http://www.tomhamburg.net/KTM_Tune_list.html). Then select download and let it run until completed.

Doing the above doesn't work?

it should overwrite the current map in the ecu with the map you selected off the site above.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:02 PM   #278
catalina38
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,525
My 2010 "R" does have a immobilizer security system and keys with identifying chips in them.

KTM 990R 500EXC
catalina38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #279
shawty950
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
TB not done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilzz View Post
Hi there everyone,
ive been reading a long for a while now, and got my cable yesterday.

riding a 07 adv S from europe, i expected to find the KM601AK0704501Map on my bike ('akra 07-08')

however, its a file called KM601AK0702S01Map ..

i cant seem to find the difference between them (with the F6 compare funct.)
is it possible that there is data in the file that's different but simply not viewed by tuneecu?

btw filesize is the same.

anyway I dont know if its a problem to send it to alain without knowing what te map is exactly called?

so for now if anybody wants to take a look:
http://rapidshare.com/files/44003199...0702S01Map.rar

see you all next year :)
nilzz

Hey Nilz...I happened to be cleaning up my work bench and found some older Tech Bulletins...and one just happens to be re ECU Mapping. TB0803 from Sept 2007.

I dont have a scanner at home but will paraphrase and upload when possible.

Mentions
- Found issues with 2007 "learning capabilities" of the ecu
- Replace current map with file identification 0702S01 with updated 0704501

So yes, your idea on there appears to be no discernible difference in the maps themselves...seems that according to this TB it's to do with the ECU learning capabilities.

Looks like yours got missed at servcing.

Shawty
shawty950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #280
Killer Whale KTM
Life is the adventure!

Thanks Bikyto and Catalina,
All that works , but only if I,m loading a 990R map ! Since I can load one r map after the other I know it must be re-writing. I just can't get it to load the maps for my 07-990.It says that those maps are not compatible with my ECU !?
How do I tell the software that I don't have an R ??
Another problem is I can't seem to send an e-mail to Alain.What is the correct addres ??
Thanks guys
Killer Whale KTM
Old 01-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #281
Sheep Shagger
Show me your fleece

Oddometer: 2,062
Quote:
Thanks Bikyto and Catalina,
All that works , but only if I,m loading a 990R map ! Since I can load one r map after the other I know it must be re-writing. I just can't get it to load the maps for my 07-990.It says that those maps are not compatible with my ECU !?
How do I tell the software that I don't have an R ??
Another problem is I can't seem to send an e-mail to Alain.What is the correct addres ??
Thanks guys
Killer Whale KTM
I don't believe R and non R have have anything to do with what you can and can not load, you can load either in either bike, just like the S and non S. I believe you have f-ed your ECU, and the only option is to re-set the ECU with nothing / force a new download. There is an option to do this on the KTM software, but not sure on the TuneECU software.
At the start of this thread, there is a link to a similar thread on the SD forum, PowerCell posted a lot in there, and talks about "bricking his ECU", find that post, it may explain a little better what he did to overcome the issue. There is a "recovery" option in the TuneECU software, that *might* be what you need. I'd start by search info on that option.

Other than that, I do remember someone saying you cant load EU tunes in a non EU bike (But that's not a correct statement what I have tried), But it may be worth checking the US / EU tunes you have.
Sheep Shagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #282
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheep shagger View Post
i don't believe r and non r have have anything to do with what you can and can not load, you can load either in either bike, just like the s and non s. I believe you have f-ed your ecu, and the only option is to re-set the ecu with nothing / force a new download. There is an option to do this on the ktm software, but not sure on the tuneecu software.
At the start of this thread, there is a link to a similar thread on the sd forum, powercell posted a lot in there, and talks about "bricking his ecu", find that post, it may explain a little better what he did to overcome the issue. There is a "recovery" option in the tuneecu software, that *might* be what you need. I'd start by search info on that option.

Other than that, i do remember someone saying you cant load eu tunes in a non eu bike (but that's not a correct statement what i have tried), but it may be worth checking the us / eu tunes you have.
+1
Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #283
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Hi,

One question specifically to the RC8R owners among you.

Who of you could easily use TuneECU on the RC8R and what settings you used for the COM port?

BR, Tom
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Tom-Hamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #284
Nilzz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Hey Shawty,
that's really good to know! thanks a lot.
so it's time for a map update :) ill share it with you if i notice any differences driving.. but its freezing right now so im keeping the bike in the shed :(
Nilzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #285
924sas
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Hamburg View Post
Hi,

One question specifically to the RC8R owners among you.

Who of you could easily use TuneECU on the RC8R and what settings you used for the COM port?

BR, Tom
servus tom, nur zur info - hier im orange crush wirst du nur adventure und SE oder vielleicht sumo fahrer finden!

hab dir grad auch eine map geschickt!

besten gruß
924sas is offline   Reply With Quote