Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #1621
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,455
The NC700S is also listed.
Canada only? or US too?
thinking if it's Canada only and the X is in the US it would be easy to get a EPA letter from Honda for US reg.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Labor Day Sale: $10/map (6-10 maps) + free case
http://www.butlermaps.com/6for60
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #1622
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
total motorcycle is a US based website that focuses on US bikes.
if it was worldwide there would be ALO more bikes on there that honda makes elsewhere.
Well, if you're correct and this is Honda's 2013 US lineup, then Honda has suddenly released the floodgates and we're getting the CBF1000A, CB125R, NC700S, VFR800X as well as the Crosstourer. Color me skeptical. I think you're tilting at windmills.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:10 AM   #1623
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Well, if you're correct and this is Honda's 2013 US lineup, then Honda has suddenly released the floodgates and we're getting the CBF1000A, CB125R, NC700S, VFR800X as well as the Crosstourer. Color me skeptical. I think you're tilting at windmills.

- Mark
They focus on north america so they'll have listing going to Canada only like with Yamaha. guess we'll see.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...013-Yamaha.htm
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Labor Day Sale: $10/map (6-10 maps) + free case
http://www.butlermaps.com/6for60
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #1624
Maytag Repairman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
indications the Crossrunner and Crosstourer will be in the US in 2013
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...2013-Honda.htm
I've never trusted TMW for accuracy.
Maytag Repairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #1625
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,469
Interesting write up on the DCT.

http://www.visordown.com/mark-forsyt...ion/21426.html
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #1626
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
Very interesting, thanks for posting.

Btw, did you end up getting a chance to test ride one?
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #1627
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Not so far. There is a used one within 100 miles, and if it's still available when i'm off work in a few weeks, then i'll try to grab a go.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #1628
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,317
Quote:
The NC700S is also listed.
Canada only? or US too?
thinking if it's Canada only and the X is in the US it would be easy to get a EPA letter from Honda for US reg.
I"ve had a look at the NC700S at a local dealership (in Canada) and I could not see the storage compartment at all.. has it been eliminated for the S model?

In Canada, there is no DCT available, just ABS which is standard on both models, and the S model is about $200 less.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #1629
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I"ve had a look at the NC700S at a local dealership (in Canada) and I could not see the storage compartment at all.. has it been eliminated for the S model?
Not in Australia, It looks like a tank, and you store all the money you save on Gas in there..

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #1630
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Small snippet on here about the Dakkar bike - based on the 450 single - and a new halo model V4 supersport in 2014. Also looks like you lucky Americans will get a new concept cruiser...

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25565536
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #1631
Gregster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 959
It kind of sucks that my local Honda store has had a 2010 VFR1200 sitting in their showroom for more than 2 years now. I checked it out and its a super nice comfy and well finished bike. What I read in the reviews from a couple years ago is that its a great bike. Only trouble with it was that it was expensive and not really what people wanted. I think the whole sport touring thing has been winding down for a few years now and is barely even a niche market anymore. Most people would rather a full touring bike, a cruiser, a sport bike, or lately an adventure bike.
So, with that 2010 VFR1200 marked down to $12,000 from the original asking price of over $18,000 at our local Honda store, I can't imagint they sold much better elsewhere in Canada. I would understand if Honda Canada got cold feet on the new Crosstourer although it does seem to appeal to the ADV croud a lot more than the VFR. Here's hoping we see them here, but I'm not holding my breath.
Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #1632
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregster View Post
It kind of sucks that my local Honda store has had a 2010 VFR1200 sitting in their showroom for more than 2 years now. I checked it out and its a super nice comfy and well finished bike. What I read in the reviews from a couple years ago is that its a great bike. Only trouble with it was that it was expensive and not really what people wanted. I think the whole sport touring thing has been winding down for a few years now and is barely even a niche market anymore. Most people would rather a full touring bike, a cruiser, a sport bike, or lately an adventure bike.
So, with that 2010 VFR1200 marked down to $12,000 from the original asking price of over $18,000 at our local Honda store, I can't imagint they sold much better elsewhere in Canada. I would understand if Honda Canada got cold feet on the new Crosstourer although it does seem to appeal to the ADV croud a lot more than the VFR. Here's hoping we see them here, but I'm not holding my breath.
I think thats because the division lines between "types" of bikes are now blurred. Look at the Multistrada for instance. The VFR is a great bike, but there is no end of bikes that can do the same job and then do other stuff too. It's a shame for the VFR. But one things for sure, the trend will go full circle.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:36 AM   #1633
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,984
Quote:
Not so far. There is a used one within 100 miles, and if it's still available when i'm off work in a few weeks, then i'll try to grab a go.
How was the standard Crosstourer compared to the Super Tenere? That's the other candidate I'm considering but can't demo either.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #1634
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I have a DCT Cross Tourer with optional foot change on order so was pleased to read that the functionality I imagined is close to the mark. With a bit of arthritis sneaking in to the hands these days, heavy clutch action does not improve riding enjoyment for me. One of my other bikes is a 675R track bike so it will be interesting to compare the Triumph quick shifter with the DCT action.
Nobody at the Honda dealership can tell me whether the handlebar paddles are retained when the foot shifter option is fitted. If so, this would have to be the perfect set-up as up-shifts could then be performed while the bike is at full lean exiting a left hander by using the up-shift paddle... this being the reason most race bikes use the reverse shift pattern.

I know the CT is no sports bike but I have always had a bad habit of exploring the limits of every bike I have every owned over nearly 50 years whether it be a tourer, sports bike or even a chook chaser. I remember chasing down an RD350 on the Great Ocean Road while riding a DR500 thumper many years ago! More recently I am having the same fun riding the Triumph Scrambler in the same way so I am rather looking forward to the CT. Should be great fun!

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #1635
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
How was the standard Crosstourer compared to the Super Tenere? That's the other candidate I'm considering but can't demo either.
The Xtour was quick - but felt bulky compared to the ten. Sweet motor. The T12 (Triumph) still gets the nod though. Works well as a whole. Try one if you get the chance.