Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 02:18 AM   #1681
droid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Thanks for the pics mate, did they make a noticeable difference in the power and how's the sound?

Sorry for asking all these questions but you are currently living my bike dream Can't even get a test ride here in Japan
don't think the power gain is much though if you look on the akra site and look at honda crosstourer you will see the graphs of the dyno tune, weights and ... sound

here's the link:
http://www.akrapovic.com/en/Motorcycle/Products/Pages/Product.aspx?BrandId=7eb20b7b-271c-47b2-b9ab-b3c94fbe56e4&ModelId=28d0728c-c833-4977-b4f2-6eab5818ac14&ModelYearId=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&ProductId=11951&ProductFilter=Active&DisplayName=Honda Crosstourer S-H12SO3-HRT+Slip-On+Line+(Titanium)

the sound (without baffle) is throaty at idle and it improves in sound as you wind it on, cracking and popping on decel

hopefully i well get around to putting my contour hd camera on the arse end and posting the u-tube link, it's just that sometimes the mic doesn't work on the damn thing

funny that you can't get one over there, locals should always be treated as red carpet customers just out of respect but yeah well, they go where they sell - hope you get a ride, from most test ride reports i'd say you will want it, a little bit more
droid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #1682
droid
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Twin View Post
Jon,

The bike and exhaust look nice! I like the new truck too, and judging from the contents of the dumpster, Momma got new carpeting in the house too.

Nice!

Looks like you got all your bases covered my friend.
oh, yeah that's just hilarious

actually she pulled up the underlay and carpet and put it in the trailer so i can't complain i spose

thank the lord that's the last bedroom, fresh paint, cupboards, carpet, i live in constant fear of the next project (and why i never try to finish the one i'm on)
Old 10-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #1683
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,069
Thanks for the links and info, had akras on my TDM and will likely go the same route if I get a CT.

Honda's official dealer network is selling a limited number of CTs here (reimported) at a premium price but unbelievably is not offering a single demo. Not the best way to sell a bike...
2006 Djebel 250XC
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #1684
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Same experience with the Daytona 675R. Bike had 112 up stock, now it's just over 120 with LeoVince slip-on, Pipercross air filter, PCV and copious dyno time. Also a corresponding jump in torque. The bike is a little rocket on the track but plan to convert it into a Street Triple for the road next year. Should be awesome!

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #1685
Two Plugs OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear View Post
Same experience with the Daytona 675R. Bike had 112 up stock, now it's just over 120 with LeoVince slip-on, Pipercross air filter, PCV and copious dyno time. Also a corresponding jump in torque. The bike is a little rocket on the track but plan to convert it into a Street Triple for the road next year. Should be awesome!
Like I wrote above: only the combination of exhaust modd, airfilter, PCV / powercommander will get you extra Bhp - as written by Grizzly. Only replacing the muffler, won't. Most likely the power will drop because the engines ECU isn't set on the new exhaust muffler...

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #1686
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,136
Insurance warning for the UK: allegedly some major insurers won't cover for pillion use, as they class the bike as a sports bike.

Silly decision, and negates the use of the bike as a 2up 'adventure tourer'.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #1687
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaY YreKa View Post
Insurance warning for the UK: allegedly some major insurers won't cover for pillion use, as they class the bike as a sports bike.

Silly decision, and negates the use of the bike as a 2up 'adventure tourer'.
Insurance companies really need to hire a few knowledgeable riders for classifying bikes. When Jodie owned her Ninja 650 (the parallel twin) our regular insurance company wouldn't insure it, we had to insure through our high risk carrier. I asked about a Ninja 500 and Ninja 250, nope won't insure them, they say "Ninja", they're a sport bike. Granted the Ninja 250 and 500 "look" like sport bikes they are definitely NOT high risk like a liter class Ninja or 600 supersport. Really stupid and uninformed decisions being made but should we expect anything better from an insurance co.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #1688
droid
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Plugs View Post
Like I wrote above: only the combination of exhaust modd, airfilter, PCV / powercommander will get you extra Bhp - as written by Grizzly. Only replacing the muffler, won't. Most likely the power will drop because the engines ECU isn't set on the new exhaust muffler...
well the link provided shows there is a gain, not much but it's 4.3 kw ~ 5.9 hp and 3.7nm torque and 2.5 kgs lighter
Old 10-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #1689
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
And like I wrote above, that simply isn't true. But believe what you want....
2006 Djebel 250XC
Old 10-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #1690
AZ-Twin
Dusty and Thirsty

Oddometer: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Nice bike Droid.

Was wondering what a twin cab commode was doing in the USA until I saw your location.
Like Honda would sell that bike in the USA.
2011 North up the CDR
Sierra Vista AZ to Paonia CO and Back through Moab UT

AZ-Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:25 AM   #1691
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
Not true TP, check out the Akropovic link in Droids post at top of page.

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #1692
ricochet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Crosstourer Lands In The Philippines

First Crosstourer in the pearl of the orient.

04 1200C Montauk (SOLD)
03 Piaggio X9 Amalfi(SOLD)
ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #1693
Two Plugs OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear View Post
Not true TP, check out the Akropovic link in Droids post at top of page.

Yeh. Akropovic link.

If I would sell Akropovics I would write the same. Put the bike with no mods except the roadlegal muffler on a dynojet, measure and reply again. If it proves to have exact the power output claimed by Akropovic, I will cover myself in dirt and kneel down for the ADV public to offer my public apologies...

I guess you will also believe the World will end on 12/12/12 because some Aztec/Maya calendar says so?

TwinRider: I believe facts. My bike is equipped with Rino mufflers. Rino stated that replacing the original (Sh*tty) Honda muffler by two of theirs (non- Roadlegal...), would give me apr 5 Bhp+ and some extra torque. Know many guys here with Sebring and Laser mufflers - both manufactures claim the same - but again... A Dynojet testrun showed the opposide.

But please notice... I don't write that its an complete impossibility. You only need to mod a few more things than only replacing a muffler and you will succeed in getting extra Bhp/Torque.

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!

Two Plugs screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 03:02 AM Reason: wrong spelling
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #1694
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
TwinRider: I believe facts. My bike is equipped with Rino mufflers. Rino stated that replacing the original (Sh*tty) Honda muffler by two of theirs (non- Roadlegal...), would give me apr 5 Bhp+ and some extra torque. Know many guys here with Sebring and Laser mufflers - both manufactures claim the same - but again... A Dynojet testrun showed the opposide.

But please notice... I don't write that its an complete impossibility. You only need to mod a few more things than only replacing a muffler and you will succeed in getting extra Bhp/Torque.
I used to live down the road from a shop with a dyno so I dynoed my bikes (1998 Bandit 1200S, 1998 ZRX1100, 1999 VFR800, 2002 FZ1) before and after installing slip-ons/ full exhausts. The dyno runs showed good gains without making other changes. Yes, I got even better improvements when I changed the fueling and air filter but the initial gains were still pretty good. Those are facts...

It's critical to do before and after runs on the same dyno, same day. If you didn't do that, you won't have an accurate baseline to judge change.

Btw, had Akra slipons on my 2005 TDM900. Moved so I never dynoed it at that shop but they definitely woke the bike up. Switching back to stock for inspection and the bike felt strangled, especially at the top end. Akra didn't become an incredibly successful premium exhaust maker by publishing bogus dyno data...
2006 Djebel 250XC

twinrider screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 04:42 AM
Old 10-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #1695
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,801
Dynos!

Less restricted exhausts sometimes give you more top end power but you can also loose bottom end power. Sometimes not a good thing. Especially on a single. Stock power on the bigger bikes like the S10 is right where I want it. Bottom and mid range. Top end power on a big duallie is pretty useless.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote