Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #226
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,476
If it's there, i'll try to get a sit on it!!
Paulvt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #227
pilesofmiles
Life is an Adventure

Oddometer: 711
I hope Honda will bring this bike to the US market. They need a jumpstart in their product line. I was in a Honda dealership the other day and just was not jazzed by yesterdays newspaper. A new model like the Cross Tourer just might be the ticket.

If they bring this bike to the US market, after careful research, I might consider it and add it to the stable.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #228
Pcfly
Dude?! Seriously??

Oddometer: 984
Question Is it coming to the US?

Is the X-Runner or the X-Tourer coming to the US market?! I've looked through some of the pages but can't seem to figure that out. I see Honda UK has the info for the X-Runner as a 2011 model posted but there's nothing on the Honda US website. Anybody know?
Pcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #229
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,476
The Xtourer is still classified as a concept at the moment.
Paulvt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #230
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul thompson
The Xtourer is still classified as a concept at the moment.
... and no news about the CrossRunner in the US.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #231
jean jacques
n00b

Oddometer: 8
marketing + world stock owners = ....

Hope this concept will evolve, into something a bit more "close to the rallye field", or with an "africa twin taste" !
just my point of view ... bike and rabit under , equal result ...

jean jacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #232
KellyC
TimeKeeper

Oddometer: 604
The day it hits the dealer floor, I'll buy it, I'll get good on it, and I'll ride it like it's stolen.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #233
Dastard
Just another guy

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandman
I expected the new 800's to be where the real adventure bike action was going to be, with the Triumph and Honda added to the BMW choices.
If Honda's 800 is based on the current VFR 800 it will be a miserable bike to ride when the going gets slow. With the side radiators on the VFR if you are doing any sort of stop and go or just slow go the bike gets HOT. Extended Interstate runs wouldn't cool it down much and as soon as traffic slowed, it got hot again. I would regularly see 230+ temps. The tank would get hot enough to burn my thighs. I still loved that bike. It had real soul, know what I mean. Had to sell it because of an injury incurred in Iraq. This 1200 though, looks interesting.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:43 AM   #234
stockport claret
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Some pics of the CrossTourer from Milan Show

Old 11-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #235
Two Plugs OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,199
Stockport... Thank You for another sleepeless night...

I'm getting more-; and more confinced that this Crosstourer will replace my current XL1000V Varadero... I only have to confince the Mrs (also know as my Ministry of Finance...) regarding the budget...

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:47 AM   #236
craigrevo
Dumb Brit

Oddometer: 205
I wont to see it with a nice paint scheme, the silver is bland like the S10 in silver.
craigrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #237
Two Plugs OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigrevo
I wont to see it with a nice paint scheme, the silver is bland like the S10 in silver.
Honda Racing Red perhaps? Would be nice I think...

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #238
Two Plugs OP
Beastly Adventurer

Xtourer Goodie Wishlist 4 Xmass...

It seems that the new Crosstourer (depending on the price for which it is going to be for sale in apr one year from now) comes close to what I, being a Varadero owner and rider, am expecting in a Varadero successor. But... What do YOU think what should be on it besides the expected goodies?

My personal Xmass list for the Xtourer Concept...:

- Cruise control like the Australian MCC system;

- 'Switch-off' ABS / 'ABS on demand'.

- 'Night Vision' Dashboard. On the (Vara)Dero you are blinded at night by the fuel-warning light and the green indicator lights; they are TOOO bright where the dashboard-light is to mild - most certainly NOT Meatloaf's paradise at the dashboard-light...

- Anti-blinding dashboard. Sounds silly reading the wishing-point above, but every MK2 rider knows that when you are riding with (low) sun in your back, the sun reflects in the 'boardinfo' screen positioned above the speedo and RPM, blinding the rider. The 1991 - 1999 Transalp 600 suffered from exactly the same problem.

- proper FUEL GAGE!!!!!!

- Traction-control. Honda had (in the past) a near to perfect, fool-proof system on the MK1 ST1100 Pan European. I'm still puzzled why Honda did not continue this system, it was put off the option list after two years...

- The screen should be easily adjustable (preferably electric), not the difficult system as used on the new VFR1200 and the Varadero (tool-free = fool-free!)

- Panniers on the concept look like side-loaders. Side-loaders suck. Everything will fall out if you open it on the bike. Top-loaders (like Hebco & Becker Explorer, Alu Standard, Touratech, etc) are far more practical.

- Headlight... And there was light... The light-beam of the Varadero (both MK1 as well as the current MK2) is one of the best on the planet. It's bright enough to melt iced roads! Hopefully the beam on the new bike will be just as good - even without the optional extra side lights.

- Fuel economy should be at least as good as on the last series Varadero but preferably better. On my current 1.200 kg heavy Skoda Fabia Combi (75 Bhp) I get near to 3 litres, on Karinda's 100 Bhp Fiat 500 4 litre / 100 km. This buffy 1.2 litre V4 should perform better.

- Fuel-capacity... Oh Lord, would you give us a 25-28 litres fuel tank... With good fuel economy an average fuel-range of 500 km should be the goal which we and Honda should aim for...

- Riding the Dero these days for work-office-work (650 km each week) under rain / wind / winter conditions I appreciate the excellent protection of both the fairing and the after-marked (easy adjustable MRA) screen. I expect a new bike like the Xtourer to perform even better... :roll:

- Adjustable seating height - and again... Tool-free = fool-free!

- DSG gearbox optional, not obligatory.

So, what do you guys 'n girls think out there?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #239
bluesman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,145
your list looks like specs of Beemer 1600LT :)

So, perhaps since it is making Crosstourer full scale long distance road bike adaptive headlight of Beemer 1600 would be better than just headlight? In my opinion that system is genius...I hope other manufacturers will pick up that example.
bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #240
Two Plugs OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
your list looks like specs of Beemer 1600LT :)

So, perhaps since it is making Crosstourer full scale long distance road bike adaptive headlight of Beemer 1600 would be better than just headlight? In my opinion that system is genius...I hope other manufacturers will pick up that example.
Agree. Also on other aspects of the new Beemer K1600. I think BMW did an great job here on aspects of design. The bike doesn't have the appearance of a big 6-cylinder like the GL1800 Goldwing.

In real live the K1600 isn't that much bigger as Honda's ST1300 and the Kawasaki GTR1400; everything is very well proportioned where it did went wrong with BMW's 'water-head' R1200RT...

Judging on the pics, the Xtourer seems to be very well proportioned as well. And having some feedback from guys who have seen 'the real thing' in Milano, it is very well proportioned in real live as well.

And if this bike will set you down at apr 18.000 / 20.000 marque, I wanna be sure to have some goodies for that money!