Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #526
Grumbleweed
Africa Twin UK

Oddometer: 15
I am looking forward to this coming out! I have an @ at present and would like a modern enduro too. Didn't want a gs as there are toooooo many about so that looks just the ticket! I saw on some site earlier that Feb 2012 is time for it- any truth in that? Seeing as my @ only just reaches 40mpg I would be looking to this for some euro trekking, and keep the @ for the rough stuff.

Will be pestering the local Honda guys for info!!
Grumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #527
JHa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Right side

Quote:
Originally Posted by qantax View Post
there are some side pics in the MOTORRAD magazine: http://www.motorradonline.de/de/heft...2011-21/389644
I photoed the Motorrad right side picture. Sorry for the poor quality.
Attached Images

JHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #528
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,885
Wow!

Looks heavier than a heavy Varadero. Hope not. It looks so sleek from the front!
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #529
PizzaHog
Thought Criminal

Oddometer: 2,775
If I can get a high res photo of this bike, it will become my new wallpaper, and the object of my MC lust...
"For just as the Constitution is not a suicide pact, neither is there an obligation in the civil society to go meekly to one’s death at the state’s behest, or to satisfy its lust for absolute control over its citizens." Michael Walsh
PizzaHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #530
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,537
Thanks for the photo. Can't see it being any less than 270kgs wet. I guess this will be the halo tourer in the Honda range - if it'll do over 200 miles on a tank.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #531
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,149
Kudos to Honda, for actually changing / upgrading the test mule's front suspension to usd forks, it wouldn't have been an easy concession to make, for an immensely conservative company and was probably the result of the mc public's negative reaction, to the conventional forks fitted to the first shown prototype.

Yes it'll be a heavy "roadie" adventure tourer, but that's what the majority of them are used for anyways. Hopefully they won't neuter it to the extent Yamaha did with the 1200 Tenere', sorry 90 rwhp doesn't get my juices flowing with new age and up to date big bore highway tourers. What with some of Europe's 100hp limits perhaps still in place and Yamaha's very serious design targets, of a truly off the pavement capable rtw type bike, the lower outputs are forgiveable and perhaps necessary, but this Honda is clearly intended for nothing more than a gravel road and bring on the horsepower !

An interesting bike to be sure, although I'm hoping for the option of a conventional transmission, for it's chances of success in the marketplace.

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #532
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,989
all this talk of a thirsty engine...40 mpg.

If true, Honda strikes me as a bi-polar company as they are putting all this heavy emphasis on ultra fuel-efficiency elsewhere, yet come up way short compared to others in this category.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #533
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996DL View Post
What with some of Europe's 100hp limits perhaps still in place and Yamaha's very serious design targets, of a truly off the pavement capable rtw type bike, the lower outputs are forgiveable and perhaps nec
Where do you get your fairytales served ?

Yamaha XT 1200 Z Super Ténéré
Motor:
Zweizylinder-Reihenmotor
Einspritzung Ø 46 mm
Kupplung Mehrscheiben-Ölbadkupplung
Bohrung x Hub 98,0 x 79,5 mm
Hubraum 1199 cm³
Verdichtung 11,0:1
Leistung 80,9 kW (110 PS) bei 7250/min
Drehmoment 114 Nm bei 6000/min

http://www.motorradonline.de/sixcms/...310220&seite=3
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #534
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,537
I see the XTour aimed squarely at the Duck Multi. Road first - lots of power and lots of tech. The Duck has the suspension, but the Honda will have the trick gearbox. The fly in Honda's ointment will more than likely be the new Tiger. Given Triumph's form of late, there offering will be cheaper, lighter and be lauded by the media.
As for the S10 - most of the guys who have gone down the pipe / decat / PCV route say the bike is utterly transformed into a real monster.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #535
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,265
Quote:
What with some of Europe's 100hp limits perhaps still in place and Yamaha's very serious design targets, of a truly off the pavement capable rtw type bike, the lower outputs are forgiveable and perhaps necessary, but this Honda is clearly intended for nothing more than a gravel road and bring on the horsepower !

996DL
I thought those HP limits were future proposals?

I am sure the European manufacturers will get "wink" last minute dispensations.

And as far as the road bias goes, that is what the Europeans want, it seems. The UK Press most definitely.

Dontyareckon?

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #536
996DL
Buell me

[QUOTE=Rema in Paluda;17015431]Where do you get your fairytales served ?

Usually right from your lips, you flag waving pissant and seemingly in almost every damn thread on advrider !

996DL
Old 10-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #537
996DL
Buell me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
I thought those HP limits were future proposals?

I am sure the European manufacturers will get "wink" last minute dispensations.

And as far as the road bias goes, that is what the Europeans want, it seems. The UK Press most definitely.

Dontyareckon?
GrahamD while my reflections on mc hp limits, is mostly vague recollections of a Europe past, with restricted models produced by the factories to suit France and Germany, I'm in no way up to date with current or future proposals. The apparently 90 rear wheel horse power on a certified dyno (this is for you know who) 1200 Tenere, is surely a sensible Japanese alternative to the standard 2005-2011 GS1200 platform. I'd choose it myself over a GS for rtw trips including adverse terrain, for it's hopefully bombproof build quality and design parameters.

But for big bore "roadie" adventure tourers, I'd like to see big numbers and without the exotica of desmodromics etc...

So bring it on, Honda and Triumph !

996DL
Old 10-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #538
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,265
Quote:
GrahamD while my reflections on mc hp limits, is mostly vague recollections of a Europe past, with restricted models produced by the factories to suit France and Germany, I'm in no way up to date with current or future proposals. The apparently 90 rear wheel horse power on a certified dyno (this is for you know who) 1200 Tenere, is surely a sensible Japanese alternative to the standard 2005-2011 GS1200 platform. I'd choose it myself over a GS for rtw trips including adverse terrain, for it's hopefully bombproof build quality and design parameters.

But for big bore "roadie" adventure tourers, I'd like to see big numbers and without the exotica of desmodromics etc...

So bring it on, Honda and Triumph !

996DL
I'm not having a go, I just seem to remember in doing some reading about non switchable ABS that...

Quote:
Motorcycles could be subjected to 100bhp power limits under proposals to be set out by the European Commission this summer.
The Commission is expected to propose European-wide consistency on the issue, raising the prospect that countries will have to change in line with France, where a 100bhp limit is already in place
So you may have had a french experiences in your life. So this probably explains the 100HP Maps on the MTS and the fact that the S10 does 100HP as well.

I think with that single sided, shaft drive, Honda will be careful not to over do it.

Cheers
Graham

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #539
Rema in Paluda
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
[QUOTE=996DL;17017864]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rema in Paluda View Post

Usually right from your lips, you flag waving pissant and seemingly in almost every damn thread on advrider !

996DL
Your quite obsessed with me ehr im ony active in Beasts in about 6 threads...

You are responding at almost all my postings it seems, and talk very funny, the BMW S1000RR has nearly 200 HP, so stop drinking that what you take for cool-aid, because it seems to consist of mostly glycol.

There is no 100 HP limit in Europe, there has been for an incredably long time though a HP based insurance stepping in germany making it extra expensive to insure a bike with more then 100hp, perhaps that is the basis of your fairytale/trawling?

Its a pitty you don't ever post any proof of your puddings...

Could it be possible to talk more shop and less cooladhomonem please?

Rema in Paluda screwed with this post 10-06-2011 at 06:37 PM
Rema in Paluda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #540
Shorty
carpe'diem ona motorcycle

Oddometer: 460
[QUOTE=996DL;17017864]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rema in Paluda View Post

996DL
Dejavu'
you're a mind reader