Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 154 votes, 4.92 average. Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 10:01 PM   #1501
21zulu
not all there

Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedge36
Shit - I've been talking to the owner of HAI since I was in HIGH SCHOOL.
met patrick this summer when i went down there. Great guy, busy as hell and still took the time to answer all my questions when i "showed" up down there.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:16 PM   #1502
CGH
Polluting the ether

Oddometer: 21,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways
You have never been buzzed until you have been buzzed by an F104. When I was stationed in Germany the Germans used to practice bomb runs on the Pershing Missle sites were I was working. Every piece of that stubby winged jet is saying it does not want to fly. And the BFM is saying you will fly.

I later found out they were supposed to bomb the missle site if there was a chance of a site being overrun. I asked them what about the missle crews?
They said it was not good to be them if the 104's got called in.

The widow maker.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:53 AM   #1503
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackRat
We were a flight of two Huey Guns returning from a mission just south of DaNang flying up the beach at 200 feet when two F4s went under us and I thought I'd been struck by lightning!! Damned jet jocks - it is still more fun to screw around the world than blow around the world!!
Damn...
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:38 PM   #1504
GP640
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,322
I used to work at a ski hill. One day an RCAF Herc buzzed the bottom of the cairlift. No big deal until you see it's in the bottom of a tight river valley. Talk about counting rivets, from the top of the hill I could see the co- pilot had a Tim's double-double and a sour cream doughnut! It was nitehawk ski area Grovedale AB. Rotor heads buzz the place all the time and do fun stuff like chase moose and bears in the valley.
GP640 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #1505
curbjumper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,175
curbjumper's first solo xcountry 1989

"Why are the cars on the hiway going faster than me?"

'cause it's a Bell47G2!
curbjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:36 PM   #1506
darrel632
Snow Bunny

Oddometer: 136
wierdo.....

You ever fly geophysical long line? the few pictures I went through makes me think we did the same places in either the same times or maybe different times, I was at the wrong end of alot of Canadian, Peace, Highland Dollar, Gulf, etc. birds through BC, Alta and Yemen and Romania and Argentina, Mexico ...... crap, I hate thinking about 205's in the morning mists at Bull moose or Tumbler, Pincher Buzo, Wadi Hamir etc
darrel632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:15 AM   #1507
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,023
Anyone you guys know?

Quote:
Men crawl out after helicopter crashes in Fraser Valley
Last Updated: Sunday, November 12, 2006 | 10:15 AM ET
CBC News

Two men are being described as "very lucky" to be alive after their helicopter slammed into a field east of Mission, B.C., on Saturday and rolled about 30 metres.

Witness Ron McLean said he saw one person crawling out of the aircraft and the other still belted in his seat after the crash.

Officials said it wasn't immediately clear what caused the crash of the small R-22 chopper.Officials said it wasn't immediately clear what caused the crash of the small R-22 chopper.
(CBC)

Fraser Valley volunteer fire chief Rick Dekker said when rescuers arrived, they found the men lying next to the chopper.

Dekker said it appears the small, two-seat R-22 helicopter had rolled about 30 metres on the ground before coming to a stop, but it's not clear what caused the crash.

"I don't know why they lost power, but it came down onto a field on Johnson Road," Dekker told CBC News.

"Both the occupants got away from the helicopter on their own. They were conscious and they were telling us what happened. Other than that, they were very lucky."

The two men, whose names were not released, were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Link
Old 11-15-2006, 11:43 PM   #1508
BladeFlap
Ex Dream Crusher

Oddometer: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21zulu
met patrick this summer when i went down there. Great guy, busy as hell and still took the time to answer all my questions when i "showed" up down there.
21Z,
I went to HAI and worked there as an instructor just before they made the move to FL. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Short version: it's the most respected flight school in the US; if you're goal is to become a professional helicopter pilot, you won't find a better place to start.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:00 AM   #1509
BladeFlap
Ex Dream Crusher

Oddometer: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorboy
That's an old Temsco BA. Id be curious as to what the old reg was. Thye must be selling them as they upgrade the whole fleet to b2's

They started painting them that color 5-6 years back. They used to be red and white.

The 500's and the 212's are painted the same color and are sharp looking

rb
Not sure, but me thinks that's a B2.
There's a right way, a wrong way, and a Skagway.
Temsco '00, '01
Old 11-17-2006, 06:32 PM   #1510
Ultralights
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
So you think you can fly a helicopter!

check this vid out, opening beer bottles with the skids!

if you can, get a glimpse of the windsock!

USA vs Japan in the open a beer bottle with a helicopter contest
Old 11-17-2006, 06:47 PM   #1511
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,645
My Father-in-law just purchased a brand new R44. Went to SF for training, and didn't have the landings quite down. So he came home and was going to go back and practice some more, then fly it back home (Lincoln, NE). My wife just got off the phone with her Mom. He decided to sell the new R44?????

He said it's because insurance is just too much. Who knows, maybe he'll buy it back next week

I just can't believe that he decided against it, he has been talking about it for months. He sold his Schweizer 300C and Sirus SR22 to buy the damn thing.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #1512
Komet
The Voice of Reason

Oddometer: 38,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbjumper

'cause it's a Bell47G2!
When I was assigned to aviation (about three decades ago) we had some of those old H-13's...the recips wouldn't hover that (depending on weather etc.)well but the ones converted to turbines did alright.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #1513
Weirdo OP
Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Oddometer: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbjumper

'cause it's a Bell47G2!

na na na na na na na na batcopter.

Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #1514
Weirdo OP
Welcome to you're "DOOM"

Oddometer: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackRat
We were a flight of two Huey Guns returning from a mission just south of DaNang flying up the beach at 200 feet when two F4s went under us and I thought I'd been struck by lightning!! Damned jet jocks - it is still more fun to screw around the world than blow around the world!!

I was fighting fire in the Cold Lake air weapons range during Maple Flag. They didn't want any smoke during their war simulation so we'd get special permission to enter the airspace to go bucketing.

Those jet jocks would buzz the fuck out of me. Tornadoes, 18s 16s 15s whatever, I was fair game. Pissed me off at first, but then I got use to it and just tried to do my job. Just made me wish that I had eyes in the back of my head.
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #1515
ian408
Oh?

Oddometer: 14,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo
I was fighting fire in the Cold Lake air weapons range during Maple Flag. They didn't want any smoke during their war simulation so we'd get special permission to enter the airspace to go bucketing.

Those jet jocks would buzz the fuck out of me. Tornadoes, 18s 16s 15s whatever, I was fair game. Pissed me off at first, but then I got use to it and just tried to do my job. Just made me wish that I had eyes in the back of my head.
Did the fly upside down and wave?
ian408 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: