Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #31
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong
John Kozinski on the other hand...................
Dude, that was not whining. We call that road rage.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #32
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga
Kid.. he's not a kid. You want to see a kid that you can respect? Watch the last 125GP race. Marquez is a tremendous rider at 17.

Rossi will have a hard time next year. We'll see if he starts whining and making excuses then.
That kid is a pretty cool cat.

Rossi will be fine next year. He may have issues that he will express and some will take it as whining. But he will be fine once he sorts it all out. He will surely understand what is not working properly and Burgess will make it as best he can. No worries. The real question is, how will he take it out the competition if he struggles for too long? It is going to be fun to watch. But, I would bet they are pretty competitive and there won't be too much drama.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #33
slideways
permanent ex-pat

Oddometer: 5,052
Rossi is GOD , until I say otherwise.

He has surpassed Mike the Bike and Agostini . What the fuck else would you have him do? Walk on water?

Upper Italian Lakes report.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160841

South Africa, Swaziland, Botswana ride report
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454490

Great CanAm Tour
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476605
slideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #34
101N
peccavi

Oddometer: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown
Well, he is the consummate Rossi fan. Are you sure he has a wife?

Oh, I guess I am supposed to add these days, not that there is anything wrong with that.
As such I was pleasantly surprised to see Jorge's latest helmet.
101N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #35
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways
Rossi is GOD , until I say otherwise.

He has surpassed Mike the Bike {Ok, I can agree, when he wins on the real island. MTB had huge balls.}and Agostini {Hmmm, that has not quite happened yet, tying may be a challenge now} . What the fuck else would you have him do? Walk on water? He can already do that.
Audited.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #36
101N
peccavi

Oddometer: 1,831
Quote:
Audited.
I'm definitely a Rossi fan. BUT, go look at Ago's record on wikipedia. My god he was dominant for a looooong time.

The GOAT bar has been set very high by Ago. Rossi aint there yet.
101N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #37
slideways
permanent ex-pat

Oddometer: 5,052
Quote:
Audited.
I agree statistically you are right. Ago is the greatest of them all with 122 GP victories, actually it is a 123 if you count his last win at Hockenheim in 1977 for some reason they do not count that win??? I was lucky enough to be there and yes he did win.

When Ago was asked about Valentino he replied " Valentino is the best today, I was the best of my time. Mike (Hailwood) was the best of his time. That is all you can say."

Upper Italian Lakes report.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160841

South Africa, Swaziland, Botswana ride report
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454490

Great CanAm Tour
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476605
slideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #38
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101N
I'm definitely a Rossi fan. BUT, go look at Ago's record on wikipedia. My god he was dominant for a looooong time.

The GOAT bar has been set very high by Ago. Rossi aint there yet.
The argument there is that Ago set those records only have one other competitor - the other guy on an MV. But then, he did it on lethal tracks and in two classes simultaneously, which sort of compensates.

Anyway, talk of the GOAT is rather pointless. For all we know, there was some dude on a boardtracker in the teens who cleaned up.
Kropotkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #39
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin
The argument there is that Ago set those records only have one other competitor - the other guy on an MV. But then, he did it on lethal tracks and in two classes simultaneously, which sort of compensates.

Anyway, talk of the GOAT is rather pointless. For all we know, there was some dude on a boardtracker in the teens who cleaned up.
If you put Ago on a Matchless or a Norton, I suspect he would have done the same thing.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #40
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 5,878
When Ago was riding the MV, that was the bike to have. Everything else was crap. The Norton was good as a 500 way, way back early fifties. marketing is somehow able to make that glory burn long after the crowd has gone.

I think Max was on the short end of casting. He got to the party late and got cast as the villain. We were all supposed to hate him. So he acted the part.

Or not?

It was entertaining and that is the real bottom line point to all this racing. Entertain us and extract some loose change in the process. OK, quite a lot of loose and not so loose change. Folding kind.

Max as a winner is pretty cool to watch and listen to. Much better than when he is perpetually losing.
Rossi, I don't think whines so much as says it wrong or the translation comes down wrong. Not sure since I don't speak Italian and am not culturally aware enough to understand any subtleties of the Google translations.

I think next year will be telling for who is the real whiner-king. I'm thinking Stoner is going for that crown. Honda are going to be stretched threeways. Back with Hayden and Pedrosa they proved they could only concentrate on one, or they only really picked one. Or they wanted it to be all about the Bike and not the rider.
I don't know that we've seen anything that is going to change that frame of mind.
They gave Doohan a bike so evil he had to manhandle the front like he was steer wrestling. he made it work and everybody thought Honda was the best.

My kids are daughters, and young adults. They tolerate me watching MotoGP when I'm not on travel and there aren't any chick-shows on. I point out Rossi and they think he is pretty goofy looking, but they say that about Max too. They think Stoner is in pain. The think Nicky is cute, but Ben is cuter, and Pedrosa and Jorge and a few others better looking.

The racing starts and they leave the room. Sometimes I can get them or my wife to come sit for a minute to watch a replay of some daring move.

Then sometimes somebody will sit on the couch with me and watch almost the whole race. (they do seem to talk through the whole race though)...

It doesn't seem like they even pay attention, but a few weeks later, I'm re-watching a race, (subscriptions let this happen), and damned if they don't don't come into the room and complain, "we already saw this race"...

My pick for whiner next year is Casey Stoner. Should start about ten minutes after he tucks the front in Qatar. Take him about that long to get back to the pitbox.

Rossi and Ducati are going to move the earth to make that bright red bike a winner. They have to. This is like Ago and MV. They absolutely have to win.
There can be no second no wit until next year and the big bike comes. It has to be first thing right out of the box. No other rider or team has that hanging over them. With that Rossi is not going to be whinning no matter how big a steaming pile of poo the red machine is.

Tough part is Ben is in the garage with Jorge. Yamaha has a package that only needs a few tweaks. And they have a rider that has figured out how to ride around those few needed tweaks. If they get him a little more power off the corner to stay with the rockets that the Ducati and Honda will be, and a little bit more front end feel, Rossi and Ducati will have all they can handle and more.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #41
Rabbitson
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 552
Rossi has surely earned the right to whine.

I, for one actually felt sad that he didn't win his last race for Yamaha. We are in the presence of greatness.
Rabbitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:25 PM   #42
alex-vox
n00b

Oddometer: 2
there always is someone faster than you...
he only has to appear around...
btw, we'll see if lorenzo will win without rossi preparing the bike.
and rossi is getting old... lorenzo is young and hungry.
i'm not a biaggi fan, i'm not a rossi fan, i'm not a lorenzo fan, but now rossi is receiving back the kicks he gave to biaggi... a lesson of Life.
alex-vox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #43
Jinx
Call me Renzo

Oddometer: 10,838
"For sure, I have your "Biaggi" swinging...right here"

"You remind me of the monkey with the jerk-off button, starving to death at the switch." - Chopperman

"I didn't know how many assholes it was going to take to piss me off, but I knew how many they were going to use" - collaboratori
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #44
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
"For sure, I have your "Biaggi" swinging...right here"

Ahhh, before the girl-fight in the stairway.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #45
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 1,913
As a reply to the OP- imagine a race series where there was absolutely no personality shown by any competitors. The race broadcast would start as the green flag dropped, no interviews by DNF racers, no post race conference, no interviews away from the track.

Yeah, I know that this is supposed to be about RACING, but would it interest as many fans if the human side of the riders was missing. Sure some of it is (too much?) drama but then it gives us something to post about after the engines are switched off.

I am a fan of all those riders, but once VR hangs up his leathers- on-track but especially off-track entertainment will decrease. All the other current MotoGP riders have the personalities of mannequins compared to Rossi.

sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is online now   Reply With Quote