Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2010, 07:06 AM   #16
AST236 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,003
Installed a Zero Gravity, stock replacement windscreen. Light smoke color. Looks much better. A little less wind protection but much cleaner look. It keeps the wind off my chest and what hits my helmet is clean w/ no turbulence.

Am thinking about colors and have narrowed it down to three.

Ducati Red
Chevrolet Victory Red
Porsche Guards Red

Will keep the Triumph sticker on the tank but plan to leave the rest unstickered.
AST236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #17
Jason Hutchins
Monarch 71

Oddometer: 348

What about ORANGE

I love my old speed triple.

Keep the battery charged though, they do not like weak or cheap batteries!

If a man says something in the woods and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?

Jason Hutchins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #18
AST236 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I like the orange and even considered getting rid of the fairing and putting a single headlight up front. The fairing makes it so much more comfortable on long rides though.

Have my paint guy looking at paint codes now. Will probably start that project in the next week or so.

The only stickers I'm putting back on are the Triumph tank stickers. Gonna' leave the rest of the bodywork blank.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #19
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,936
The blue Triumph put on some '95 tigers was nice. The shadeshifting orange on some '00-'01 sprint RS also.
Green with cream stickers was my favorite factory color for 900 sprints.
The early speed triple in black and trident in green/cream with hand painted gold pinstripes were so nice to look at.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #20
Phineas
Joe Lunchbox

Oddometer: 166
Congratulations. I have a green 95 that's a part bike to my 98 Sprint Sport. I don't know why I like these bikes so much. Probably it's how solid they are. I'll second the need to buy an ignition pickup sensor right now. It may fail now or it may fail in 50K miles but it will fail sometime. The symptoms are it will start to miss, then when you pull over and the bike cools off it runs fine until it heats up, then it starts to miss...I've had them last 80K miles and 17K miles. Battery strength is critical as well. The only other breakdown item on my 95 was a set of ignition coils at about 110K miles. That was a steady miss at all temps and RPM. The six piston calipers are a great adition. They may be the same as come on a Hyabusa. There's a whole thread on Triumphrat.net about them. I never put them on my 95 but my 98 came with them. They're a great improvement. If you don't have stainless steel lines I'd put them on for sure. Though they eat tires and breakpads and chains the bikes are otherwise bullit proof in my experience.

I rode the Sprint rather than my VFR the last couple of days. I split lanes 80 miles a day, in the dark on the way home. It took me a few miles to get used to the added bulk and lack of ABS but once I oriented I remembered just what a functional machine it is. It reminds me of a warm blood horse, big but athletic and agile. With the long wheelbase and all that torque it's easy to feel like your backing the bike into the corners like Chris Carr or Nicky Hayden.

These days I mostly use mine as a weekend bike either running the local canyons or taking longer trips with friends.

I still think the 95s emerald hued take on BRG with cream lettering is still the prettiest color combination out there.
Phineas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #21
AST236 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Here's the bike with the new windscreen. It doesn't block as much air as the one that was on it, but it's better looking. The air that comes over is clean and doesn't cause turbulence.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #22
simro
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Question Sprag Clutch 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by AST236 View Post
Here's mine. Just got it yesterday. Lots of miles but runs like a champ. Sprag clutch already fixed. Factory hard bags. Newish tires. Plan to paint and replace the windscreen with a stock unit from Zero Gravity.

Hi my spag clutch is gone and it appears to be a complicated process to fix, could any one give a me a quote where I can get it fixed or where I can get another engine.
simro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #23
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,202
bump.

Loking at a '94 Trident 900.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote