Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #661
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic-Of-Canada View Post
Hey there, are there decent trails on Saltspring? seen much in the way of singletrack? I've been looking at the south west part of the island on the maps, Mt. Twan area, thinking it looks promising for dual-sporting...
I think that the locals would be on you fairly quick for tearing up their back country.... Mind you, I could be wrong.

whowardb - I'm over on the big Island in Chemainus. I'm hoping we get a chance to meet up and enjoy a ride together. No mud in my riding style either but logging roads/twisty roads are definitely my preferred riding surfaces. I'm heading away for a few weeks, but hopefully the riding will be back on in July.
jackd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #662
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,245
Quote:
Hey there, are there decent trails on Saltspring? seen much in the way of singletrack? I've been looking at the south west part of the island on the maps, Mt. Twan area, thinking it looks promising for dual-sporting...
I think you'd be pummelled to death by a hippie wielding an organically raised zucchini if you tried to go anywhere off road on the Gulf Islands! My brother lives on Gabriola, I went there once with my dirt bike in the back of my pick up, I got the hairy eyeball from all sorts of patchouli smellin' folks!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #663
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,949
Dual sporting doesn't automatically equate to rippin' up the back country. I've ridden some very interesting gravel and two-track roads on Saltspring in that Mt Twan area. You can get out to Musgrave Landing but not all the way to Vesuvius. The road up Mt Maxwell is fun even if a little short. The view is amazing when you get to the top.
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #664
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen View Post
I think you'd be pummelled to death by a hippie wielding an organically raised zucchini if you tried to go anywhere off road on the Gulf Islands! My brother lives on Gabriola, I went there once with my dirt bike in the back of my pick up, I got the hairy eyeball from all sorts of patchouli smellin' folks!
Aah, you were truckin' it, that's why they gave looks! With the size of Gabriola, they were probably wondering why you bothered!

I just did a ride on Quadra and Cortes Islands, great fun there, lots of dirt on Quadra, lots of waves and interaction with the locals- it seemed everyone wanted to talk to me and my buddy Chris when we went there!

IMG_0237

" patchouli smellin' folks!"
Tropic-Of-Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #665
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur

Let's hit some trails before the rains come!

I can sense a Cowichan Valley / Shawnigan Group ride coming up.....Are we going to do a "C" ride or a '"B" ride?

I have a few routes I wouldn't mind sharing, but if you want to come on a "B"-ish run, maybe leave your side cases at home!
I'm not against big bikes, but who is going to be narrow enough to slip through a few tight spots to get in? For now, let's see who wants to come along, and we can decide what will be best.

So who is brave enough for some power line / 4x4 type trails with a bit of "C" in between???? It will be fun, I promise!!!

How bout this weekend? Lets say start at12:00 Sunday? I live in Vic, so if there's anyone there, we could meet up to do the Malahat say 11:00, then head for Duncan or Mill Bay to meet others.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #666
Cody1771
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
I can sense a Cowichan Valley / Shawnigan Group ride coming up.....Are we going to do a "C" ride or a '"B" ride?

I have a few routes I wouldn't mind sharing, but if you want to come on a "B"-ish run, maybe leave your side cases at home!
I'm not against big bikes, but who is going to be narrow enough to slip through a few tight spots to get in? For now, let's see who wants to come along, and we can decide what will be best.

So who is brave enough for some power line / 4x4 type trails with a bit of "C" in between???? It will be fun, I promise!!!

How bout this weekend? Lets say start at12:00 Sunday? I live in Vic, so if there's anyone there, we could meet up to do the Malahat say 11:00, then head for Duncan or Mill Bay to meet others.
Have fun, i am out of town once again :P
Cody1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #667
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:

ooh. sounds fun. big bike, but i'm in.
chris73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #668
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris73 View Post
ooh. sounds fun. big bike, but i'm in.
I like you already! 50/50 tires minimum are a real good idea for those interested in the powerlines! It's not that bad, but it is steep and rocky in places. Look at my daytrips thread, you'll get the idea of what I like to ride!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #669
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
I like you already! 50/50 tires minimum are a real good idea for those interested in the powerlines! It's not that bad, but it is steep and rocky in places. Look at my daytrips thread, you'll get the idea of what I like to ride!
I will pm and get more details. Be cool to get 3 or 4 people. Maybe a fishing rod or two as well.
chris73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #670
Chr!s
natural born dreamer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:

I'm up for this, the B ride sounds entertaining! Let me know the time and I'll be there
Chr!s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #671
Chr!s
natural born dreamer

Oddometer: 175
New in town

I've posted this on another thread but I'll stick it here too ...

Hey everyone,

I've recently moved to Vancouver Island (Maple bay/Duncan) from Ontario and wouldn't mind meeting up with a few folk to ride on/off road. Currently got a WR250R and will be getting a street bike come the spring. Been riding for 20+ years on the street and am fairly aggressive (i think!) both on/off road but I'm fairly new to off-roading...anyway I enjoy fast or slow pace depending on the company!! Anyone fancy a ride sometime??....Cheers, Chris

Chr!s screwed with this post 10-23-2013 at 10:47 AM
Chr!s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #672
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur

Sat Ride, Mill Bay, Cowichan Valley.

OK, for those interested we seem to be formulating a loose plan to meet on Saturday at 11:00 at Serious coffee by Frayne Road in Mill Bay for some dual sporting and powerline trails.

Anyone is welcome, but please be self sufficient for flat tires! I'm sure it will be fun!
Old 10-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #673
Cody1771
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
OH and for anyone who is intrested, there is going to be a gathering of sorts at Kissinger lake the weekend of November 29th. A few buddies and there 4x4's are coming over from the mainland for a camping weekend. SOme fishing, some hunting, some shooting (respecting others and in a safe area, no yahoo shit here) and i plan on doing quite a bit of exploring as long as the snow doesn't hamper me to much, after all i still have to fill a few tags this fall.
Cody1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #674
Tropic-Of-Canada
Thread Derailleur

YES, A follower!!!! Been biting my teeth all week for others to take a moment from their busy lives to come ride for a few hours!This could happen weekly, ya know!! I'd love to see it come together.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #675
zumer
n00b

Oddometer: 6
sat 26 oct

kapoor area dualsport ride meet seroiuse coffee 10 ish
zumer is offline   Reply With Quote