Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #166
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,692
I think I will stick to motion x drive and trackr for now. I already have thousands of miles using them. And I am happy with the way they work.
I guess I was looking for new programs that might help with my ride report. Gps wise, I am covered. Search wise I am good too. I am looking for a whole new idea I guess.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #167
dpifko
Can u smell the It's Its?

Oddometer: 323
OnTheRoad.to

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenniSMC View Post
I guess I was looking for new programs that might help with my ride report. ...
If you're looking for a trip report kind of thing, check out OnTheRoad.to at http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/on...to/id301859435 . Is this what you were looking for?

AVAILABLE NOW - ANDROID version: Greatest Drive
dpifko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #168
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

I guess I have what I need. I was just looking for née ideas.

For navigation I will use motion x drive.

For tracking I am using trackr. It will show people who follow where I am live.

For notes I will use pocket scout. I will take pictures of people and places an take notes.

I am sure I will use other apps on this trip. But those will be my main apps.

Other things I plan to play with. Gopro hd. Do some track laps at Jennings. Shoot a track day with my canon gear. And test some new camping gear.

Hopefully I will just have a good time and do a shit write up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #169
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpifko View Post
If you're looking for a trip report kind of thing, check out OnTheRoad.to at http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/on...to/id301859435 . Is this what you were looking for?
Thanks for that recomendation, I took a look at ontheroad.to, and it is ambitious but crude at its current state. I am playing with it to see if I can make use of it to post updates to the family easily. I have it running on iPhone, iPad and home Mac, and can log in from any computer while out there riding.

lhendrik screwed with this post 01-20-2011 at 02:05 PM
lhendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #170
beachdancer
Beachdancer

Oddometer: 53
I have been looking for an iPhone or other smartphone utility that would let me dictate ride reports - or parts of them - while riding, using the bluetooth connection in my Nolan helmet. No hands, except the button on the helmet. Initially, no joy - the voice application I can access on the iPhone appears to connect only to phone and iTunes (iTunes with significant limitations...).

Thinking more about, however, I may have a solution. We are Comcast customers, and I have a service tied to my office phone that captures voice messages, converts them to .wav files and forwards them to my computer - where I can use MacSpeech to transcribe them to text.

I think - and I will test this weekend - that I can use the bluetooth voice command through my helmet to call my own Comcast number, dictate my report, observation or comment into voicemail, and then convert the resulting wav file to text when it is forwarded to me automatically. Kind of a real-time journalling tool - maybe? At least worth giving it a try.
beachdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #171
dpifko
Can u smell the It's Its?

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachdancer View Post
I have been looking for an iPhone or other smartphone utility that would let me dictate ride reports - or parts of them - while riding, using the bluetooth connection in my Nolan helmet. No hands, except the button on the helmet. Initially, no joy - the voice application I can access on the iPhone appears to connect only to phone and iTunes (iTunes with significant limitations...).

Thinking more about, however, I may have a solution. We are Comcast customers, and I have a service tied to my office phone that captures voice messages, converts them to .wav files and forwards them to my computer - where I can use MacSpeech to transcribe them to text.

I think - and I will test this weekend - that I can use the bluetooth voice command through my helmet to call my own Comcast number, dictate my report, observation or comment into voicemail, and then convert the resulting wav file to text when it is forwarded to me automatically. Kind of a real-time journalling tool - maybe? At least worth giving it a try.
Sounds like a Chautauqua over bluetooth:

"I would like to use the time to talk in some depth about things that seem important. What is in mind is a sort of Chautauqua — that´s the only name that I can think of for it — like the traveling tent-show Chautauquas that used to move across America, […] an old-time series of popular talks intended to edify and entertain, improve the mind and bring culture and enlightenment to the ears and thoughts of the hearer. ( Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Pirsig, p.17)"

I wonder what he would have done with a mic.

Daniel

AVAILABLE NOW - ANDROID version: Greatest Drive

dpifko screwed with this post 01-20-2011 at 04:44 PM
dpifko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:56 PM   #172
zapdog
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Thumb iPhone Apps

Hi, I found this great iPhone app for keeping track of your motorbikes, it records loads of info and is so easy to use. BikeMate - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bikem...416036142?mt=8
zapdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #173
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapdog View Post
Hi, I found this great iPhone app for keeping track of your motorbikes, it records loads of info and is so easy to use. BikeMate - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bikem...416036142?mt=8
Looking at your username I think this post belongs in the Vendor Area :)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #174
MSH
The Salt

Oddometer: 3,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapdog View Post
Joke. Pen and paper cost less.

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #175
DrunkWombat
GS and Proud

Oddometer: 2,186
Harrys Lap time

I like using Harry's Lap Timer.

http://web.me.com/hschlangmann/LapTi...page/Home.html

DrunkWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 AM   #176
rifflebox
Yee Haw!

Oddometer: 210
iPhone 4 - iPod App Shake to Shuffle

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I was listening to my iPhone 4 paired to a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset. I couldn't figure out why the iPod app kept jumping from song to song. Apparently the bike was bouncing enough to trigger the Shake to Shuffle function. It can be turned off in the Ipod settings. Locking the screen in portrait orientation also prevents it from shifting back-and-forth from landscape to portrait when you are in the twisties.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #177
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

I just got back from my Stupid Winter Adventure Tour. I rode from Jacksonville Florida to Wilkes Barre pa. But i took the scenic route. I went south to key west. Then north to cross the Everglades via dirt to ride the gulf coast to Jennings Fl where i shot a track day. From there i went to Atlanta fir a night and raced home to pa to beat this big storm.
It was 2400 plus miles of fun. The iPhone worked fantastic. I shot some pictures and video. I used it as my gps. I tracked my trip using trackr. As usual the iPhone was all i needed for my trip in one small package. I used the gopro for some swamp video and when i got home i used imovie to do a quick ride report video. The link to the video is below. Enjoy....or try not to be too bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmDd...e_gdata_player
Old 02-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #178
MSH
The Salt

Oddometer: 3,037
Anyone try one of these? I know I have dropped my phone a few times.

http://www.elementcase.com/iphone4.html

"Not all those who wander are lost"
MSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #179
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenniSMC View Post
I just got back from my Stupid Winter Adventure Tour. I rode from Jacksonville Florida to Wilkes Barre pa. But i took the scenic route. I went south to key west. Then north to cross the Everglades via dirt to ride the gulf coast to Jennings Fl where i shot a track day. From there i went to Atlanta fir a night and raced home to pa to beat this big storm.
It was 2400 plus miles of fun. The iPhone worked fantastic. I shot some pictures and video. I used it as my gps. I tracked my trip using trackr. As usual the iPhone was all i needed for my trip in one small package. I used the gopro for some swamp video and when i got home i used imovie to do a quick ride report video. The link to the video is below. Enjoy....or try not to be too bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmDd...e_gdata_player
Good stuff..will check it out tonight.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #180
Harry Swan
One more time

Oddometer: 1,096
Weather app with NOAA alerts?

I did a quick read through and I didn't find this mentioned ... Anybody know of an app that will give me real time on road weather alerts? A tie into NOAA's national weather radio service maybe?

I know that NOAA gives no guarantee that I won't find myself looking up at a hay bale floating a thousand feet above me but I have hope it might the next time ... I know I can get something of the sort through XM radio but there must be a good app for an iPhone.

Harry Swan screwed with this post 02-03-2011 at 10:09 AM
Harry Swan is offline   Reply With Quote