Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #76
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
"The Touratech version does come with few features (other than the Tourtech logo) which may or may not justify the higher price: the pants have leg openings which open wider and the jacket has a few extra pockets on the sleeves. On the other hand, for a surcharge, Stadler will make your suit in custom colors whereas the rather bold colors from Touratech might not be everyone's cup of tea."

I recently rode to Touratech Germany HQ and tried on one of these suits - excellent for my requirements, so I'm very interested in buying one. Having read the above, I was very interested in the whole 'custom colours' idea. Every time I've emailed Stadler to ask about either them shipping to me (UK) or where their dealers are in Germany, they seem less than forthcoming with answers and / or help. Maybe I'm not asking the right questions, or maybe it's a language thing, but I'd be VERY interested to know how I can get it shipped here and how I go about paying for some custom colour; any one any ideas?
Endurodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #77
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurodude View Post
"The Touratech version does come with few features (other than the Tourtech logo) which may or may not justify the higher price: the pants have leg openings which open wider and the jacket has a few extra pockets on the sleeves. On the other hand, for a surcharge, Stadler will make your suit in custom colors whereas the rather bold colors from Touratech might not be everyone's cup of tea."

I recently rode to Touratech Germany HQ and tried on one of these suits - excellent for my requirements, so I'm very interested in buying one. Having read the above, I was very interested in the whole 'custom colours' idea. Every time I've emailed Stadler to ask about either them shipping to me (UK) or where their dealers are in Germany, they seem less than forthcoming with answers and / or help. Maybe I'm not asking the right questions, or maybe it's a language thing, but I'd be VERY interested to know how I can get it shipped here and how I go about paying for some custom colour; any one any ideas?
I've emailed back and forth with Nadine. She seems helpful although it takes a while for her to get back at times.

She sent me the most detailed sizing chart I've ever seen giving me the feeling that if something is off in standard sizing, they'll just make it.

The custom colors I was unaware of. That Is very cool!

Here's what she said about the difference with the evo/concept vs companero besides obvious colors:

"Hello Mr. Williams,

thank you for your interest on our products.

Yes we can also sell direct to the US.

We can deduct the VAT direct.

The Companero suit is a little bit different to our Concept / Invention:

- the companero is more for enduro drivers
- the sommer jacket has two additionally pockets on the arm the sunglasses pocket and the mobile phone pocket
- the infinitely variable waist and chest adjustment is additionally
- by the trouser you have a very long zip sideways to go easy in and out of the trouser
- and you have more width to wear a cross or enduro boot
- also the colour and the layout of the line is different

At the moment we have no dealer or importeur in the us because itīs not really easy to find a shop who is really informed about our products. We have really technical details in our clothes and a lot of sizes and it donīt work if the dealer is not interested, and the costs play a role.

We are interested in every distributor.

If you have any further questions, donīt hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Nadine"

For anyone in US, here's pricing for a jacket shipped.

The Price for the jacket Concept is 839,50 € without VAT and 999,00 € with VAT.

The price for the jacket Companero is 923,53 € without VAT and with 1099,00 € with VAT.

The Price for Shipping is about 40 € .
1971 Lambretta DL

levain screwed with this post 08-18-2011 at 09:25 AM
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #78
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

- by the trouser you have a very long zip sideways to go easy in and out of the trouser

I want to ride in this in varying conditions, so maybe the TT version might be better suited? I specifically like the infinate adjustment idea; if I'm going to pay this much, I want it to be the most comfortable thing I've ever worn! Then again, you mention size charting and the possibility of them making adjustments. On the other hand, I want to wear enduro boots.

Too many choices! Thanks for the reply, though. I might email this lady and see what she says. Cheers. You wouldn't happen to have an email address to hand, would you?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #79
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:

I want to ride in this in varying conditions, so maybe the TT version might be better suited? I specifically like the infinate adjustment idea; if I'm going to pay this much, I want it to be the most comfortable thing I've ever worn! Then again, you mention size charting and the possibility of them making adjustments. On the other hand, I want to wear enduro boots.

Too many choices! Thanks for the reply, though. I might email this lady and see what she says. Cheers. You wouldn't happen to have an email address to hand, would you?
I think it's just a generic "info" address
verkauf@stadler-bekleidung.de

The infinitely variable adjustment appears to be very similar to this on the Rev'it Everest.

1971 Lambretta DL
Old 08-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #80
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for that - I've just emailed them, asking a number of questions, and I'll let you know what the reply is re colours.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:54 AM   #81
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Below is the reply I recieved about colours. I also asked if there were any differences between Stadler and TT, and apparently there are a few, other than purely cosmetic ones.

As I want to ride on and off road, it's a good excuse to ride to Southern Germany; even with ferry and fuel costs, it'll still be cheaper than TT UK!!!

================================================== =============================

The first point I think is that we have two Modul EVO Styles.

The Jacket Concept and Trouser Invention and the COMPANERO.

- Our Suits is more for on road biker, the Companero is for both on and off road.

- You have more pockets on the jacket but the additional pockets for Sunglasses und mobile phone has only the COMPANERO Style

- yes you have any more adjustments two on the arms on both jackets and on the trouser, It is possible to make more adjusters but I think itīs not essential

- by our trouser you have the normal width to go in and out as by all other motorcycle trousers, by the COMPANERO trouser you can go in with your boots but we donīt advise this to our customer, because the gore-tex material is damageable and you donīt have the right felling with your boots.

- by our suit you canīt wear enduro boots other than you wear the trouser in your boots.

- The colour and line from our Concept / Invention is difficult to the COMPANERO. Yes you can have some different colours, but not each colour is possible. The lining from the COMPANERO is angled the lining from the Concept / Invention is round.

Endurodude screwed with this post 08-24-2011 at 08:31 AM
Old 08-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #82
CanadianBacon
Got knees for sale???

Oddometer: 138
Wink Companero !!!!

As mentioned in previous posts, I bought a Companero in May, In Germany... I caught some rain in the Black Forest region and the wider opening zip on the pants is a BIG plus... you don't have to take your boots off to put the shell on.

Go for the companero... that's my 2 cents anywho...

My only so so negative comment is I'm not yet sure how the stitching will hold up in the inseam of the pants... The stitches seem to be stretching out a little.

Time will tell on that one...

Quote:

1982 Can AM 250 ASE
1974 BMW R90 / 6
CanadianBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #83
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBacon View Post
As mentioned in previous posts, I bought a Companero in May, In Germany... I caught some rain in the Black Forest region and the wider opening zip on the pants is a BIG plus... you don't have to take your boots off to put the shell on.

Go for the companero... that's my 2 cents anywho...

My only so so negative comment is I'm not yet sure how the stitching will hold up in the inseam of the pants... The stitches seem to be stretching out a little.

Time will tell on that one...
May.... So, you've had it through warm weather? I'm curious how warm it is on a rainy day in the low 70's? How well do the pit vents on the outer work? Is there an exhaust vent on the back?
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #84
CanadianBacon
Got knees for sale???

HI,

Rode in 30+ Celsius in the sun... with the 1st layer on with no overheating issues, rode in the rain in 15 to 20 Celsius with the shell on, The shell has no vent holes, the interior fabric is the same as the waterproof liner that I had in my Rally3 suit... so it's breathable.
1982 Can AM 250 ASE
1974 BMW R90 / 6
Old 08-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #85
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
HI,

Rode in 30+ Celsius in the sun... with the 1st layer on with no overheating issues, rode in the rain in 15 to 20 Celsius with the shell on, The shell has no vent holes, the interior fabric is the same as the waterproof liner that I had in my Rally3 suit... so it's breathable.
Really? Yours doesn't have this vent?

Same as on the concept

Where on this picture of the 1st layer is the AFT mesh fabric?

This suit is so interesting to me. It's great to finally find someone that actually owns one! I have no problem spending the money, so don't take this the wrong way, but it is expensive! Would you buy it again? Is the legendary Stadler quality as good as I've heard?
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #86
CanadianBacon
Got knees for sale???

Sry, Thought u ment a flap in the back.... here's a pic from my webcam...

I do like it more than the BMW rally3 suit... much more, big bucks, but I like the fact you can slip the shell on and keep going... I rode my 1200 up from Louisiana in early may... Got caught in some heavy rain and had to undress under an a overpass.... took everything off, boots, pants jacket, put on the liner, pants, jacket, boots.......

It,s worth the money in my opinion... we'll see if it holds up.... I put only about 10 000km on my rally 3 and it was already starting to look like shit, so we'll see... I have a trip planned up in northern Qc next week... 1800km of log and snowmobile road/trails... Ask me on september 6th what I think of it... I will have run it through pretty much everything....
Attached Images

1982 Can AM 250 ASE
1974 BMW R90 / 6
Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #87
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

I think quite a few of us would be VERY interested to hear how it copes with your trip; keep us posted, and good riding!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #88
CanadianBacon
Got knees for sale???

will do! let you know when i return,
1982 Can AM 250 ASE
1974 BMW R90 / 6
Old 09-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #89
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
will do! let you know when i return,
How was the trip? How was the suit? Hope you had fun!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #90
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,338
Damnit, another suit that looks really interesting. I just wish my Klim Adventure jacket had arm vents...
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote