Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #106
Snarky
Vodka Infused.

Oddometer: 1,342
It's funny. I was hesitant to buy a 1400$ suit (REV'IT Defender). It really was (imo) worth the extra thousand dollars I paid over my cheaper suit (Tourmaster Centurion). I wonder if the Companero is worth the extra thousand dollars it costs over the Defender.

No offense to EU residents, but "Made in the EU" is not exactly an instant sign of quality. Like most exporting regions, it's hit or miss. Some of the best stuff is "Made in China", also some of the worst. I don't want to pay extra just because it wasn't made by Chinese wage slaves. I would like more tangible benefits for the investment on gear.
Pledge today! Service guarantees citizenship. @ http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com Thanks.
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #107
hawideri
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Made in the EU may not be that convincing, but stadler is made in Germany. A country that is know for his topproducts (it is export economy for that very reason).

I have been searching for a top end textile gear a while. Have considered BMW, rukka,stadler and klim. Stadler wins the race for me, since it overs customication of any suit.

I was draw to this brand, since they have a 10 year warranty. they are still in business so that is impressive, imho.
hawideri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #108
kevinj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawideri View Post
Made in the EU may not be that convincing, but stadler is made in Germany. A country that is know for his topproducts (it is export economy for that very reason).

I have been searching for a top end textile gear a while. Have considered BMW, rukka,stadler and klim. Stadler wins the race for me, since it overs customication of any suit.

I was draw to this brand, since they have a 10 year warranty. they are still in business so that is impressive, imho.
Did you get the Companero then (I forget the name of the European almost-equivalent)? Or did you go for another Stadler outfit? I've looked at their website, but found it lacking in detail, even the German version. Would appreciate some pointers :).
kevinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #109
hawideri
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj View Post
Did you get the Companero then (I forget the name of the European almost-equivalent)? Or did you go for another Stadler outfit? I've looked at their website, but found it lacking in detail, even the German version. Would appreciate some pointers :).
I went for the force pro. It is similair to the track pro, but the leather parts are superfabric. It is also similair to the super vent pro, but i'd like the snit of the force better.
But really you should go to a dealer. All the gear is good, but tailered for a certaint use/public.
You may contact them, but bear in mind that this company can be very buzzy (big orders, they do supply police,fire departments for different countries).

So the question is: what do you want from your gear?
hawideri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #110
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
"According to the TT catalog, all protection (shoulder, back, elbow, hip, knee, and coccyx (=tailbone)) is SAS-TEC KNOX. If anyone knows what that means out the real world, I'm all ears :). "

I'm looking to buy some everyday, don't-worry-if-you-scrape-them trousers, and saw some with SAS-TEC armour. When I asked the difference between this and other armour, I was told that SAS-TEC 'bounces back', as it were. If I knelt down in 'normal' armour (fastening my boots, say), it would gradually compress and be of no real use over time, whereas SAS-TEC would uncompress everytime and be good to go when needed.

As to the Companero wet-weather usefulness, I'll let you know in a few months! Although I live in England, I'm travelling to TT HQ in Southern Germany to buy a suit (and heading onto Eastern Europe) in late July. It's 500 cheaper that way!!!! Whilst I hope my trip is major-rain free, I feel sure I'll hit some (even if I have to wait until I'm back in the UK!). I'll let you know how it goes . . . .
Endurodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #111
expatbrit
Still pretty much a n00b.

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawideri View Post
I went for the force pro. It is similair to the track pro, but the leather parts are superfabric. It is also similair to the super vent pro, but i'd like the snit of the force better.
But really you should go to a dealer. All the gear is good, but tailered for a certaint use/public.
You may contact them, but bear in mind that this company can be very buzzy (big orders, they do supply police,fire departments for different countries).

So the question is: what do you want from your gear?
Interesting. I'm interested in the Force Pro myself; it looks like it has more vents than the Race Pro?

I wish I could go to a dealer, but not so easy in the US. Here in NM no-one stocks ANY of the higher-end stuff, and being unusually sized it's a crapshoot ordering on-line.

Going to e-mail Stadler; see how their talls will fit and how much....
expatbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #112
pingvin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurodude View Post
"According to the TT catalog, all protection (shoulder, back, elbow, hip, knee, and coccyx (=tailbone)) is SAS-TEC KNOX. If anyone knows what that means out the real world, I'm all ears :). "

I'm looking to buy some everyday, don't-worry-if-you-scrape-them trousers, and saw some with SAS-TEC armour. When I asked the difference between this and other armour, I was told that SAS-TEC 'bounces back', as it were. If I knelt down in 'normal' armour (fastening my boots, say), it would gradually compress and be of no real use over time, whereas SAS-TEC would uncompress everytime and be good to go when needed.
The point is that the SAS-TEC is soft when not loaded or under slow deformations but hardens under impact. So comfortable (soft) during normal use but hardens when you crash while absorbing the enery. It will return to normal shape but so will rubber, this is something very different. Great stuff, tested my Stadler suit during a 100kph highside ending up under my bike.

Sure it's all SAS-TEC, thought Stadler had Knox (which is still good) except SAS-TEC back protector but might be different for Companero? Have all SAS-TEC in my Race/Track Pro suit, downside pockets are made for Knox so had to du some adjustments.
1981 Husqvarna 420 AE
pingvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #113
Staudi
n00b

Oddometer: 4
My Klim adventure rally jacket isn't waterproof and the tissue at the forearm rubs up. It's the second suite, the first one I sent back after a few months because of the forearm prob. The service was very friendly and everything worked out fine. But as I am living in Germany it took about three months to get the new one. I had to send it to America because I bought it there.

Two weeks ago I was on a trip to Italy and after two or three hours in the rain I got wet at the ellbows inside, the chest and in the pants. So I decided to send it back again and try the Companero black edition because I was in the black forest anyway.

My judgement after three days: the quality seems to be very high in every detail. It's extremely comfortable to wear, especially the light basic suite - and it's a really good looking suite (now, in the black edition).

One of you guys asked if you can easily get the rain pants over the Santiago boots - yes, absolutely. I had to do it on the Autobahn, took me about one minute. My size is about 11. With these super long zippers at the sides it's very quick and easy.

In august I will do some more trips so that I can tell you more about this suite in september.
Staudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #114
pkbinder
Helga The Red

Oddometer: 260
Looking forward to more reviews of your suit. Paul
Old 08-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #115
Staudi
n00b

Companero

What I can say so far: this suite is extremely good when it's really warm. It's still comfortable with 95 F (35 C). The pants are even lighter than the KLIM Mojave (which I also like).

At the moment I think it's a very good solution for a temperature range from about 58 F (14 C) to over 100 F (40 C).

The quality is great, it's fitting perfectly and there are a lot of useful details.

One disadvantage (beside the price...): the goretex layer need much more space than a normal rain suite if you store it in your boxes . The advantage is that you can easily reach the pockets in the basic pants.

If you wear the complete suite you can use a lot of pockets. At least two of them are really waterproof. My two KLIM adventure suites did not have a single pocket in the jacket that is waterproof.

So up to now I can say that I would buy it again. I really enjoy travelling with it in summer weather more than with any other suite that I had before (BMW Savannah, BMW street guard, BMW Rallye 2 and 3, KLIM adventure).

Of course you can have a similar result if you buy a cheaper mesh suit plus a goretex/sympatex...rain suite. But if your budget allows it the Companero imho is a very good looking and perfectly fitting suit.

That's all for now. More about it in three or four weeks when I'm back from France and Denmark.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #116
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBacon View Post
......best suit i've owned so far.....
at that price i would hope so!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #117
Staudi
n00b

That's how it should be - but my experience is different. Some of the most expensive things I bought had horrible quality (like Jaguar S Type, Mercedes E 500, Volkswagen T5 Multivan).

I'm still hoping for good quality when I'm buying expensive stuff - but I don't expect it anymore. So I'm less disappointed...