User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #2506
Zoshi
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I have to say that installing the IICE Air made me realize that I actually need a new clutch...
Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #2507
Happy Wanderer
Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
There are no changes to ANY tune up procedures.

As for removal before a dealership service. IF that is perceived as necessary, then you have 2 options.
It can be easily removed OR its effect can be effectively nullified (-0 setting), either will restore operation back to 'normal'.

Your decision, of course, is more dependent upon what your relationship with the dealership is than if the IICE Air is installed and working or not.

JJ
Probably reasonable to assume dealers will react to the Ice Air the same way they react to the Booster Plug. I have visited two different dealers in the past 3 years with a Booster Plug on two different bikes. Once here in Vancouver and once in California. Once because I needed to find out if any fault codes were present and the other because I was far far away and needed a throttle synch done pronto. Normally I stay away and just do my own thing.

In both cases I was told they would not plug in the diagnostic computer or service the bike with the Booster Plug attached to the bike. Reasons given were twofold; one that it might throw off the readings and two that it was not a stock item.

For the time it takes to unplug such devices, I would just unplug them before service so as not to delay anything. Hourly rates being what they are why spend time being asked what it is and why it is there and so on. Savvy dealers may not bother of course.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #2508
opposedcyljunkie
Heavyweight Boxer

Oddometer: 4,776
Those likely are dealers who are not in the know of things. They see something foreign installed in the bike, they freak out. I really do not expect the BP or the IICE Air to throw off the readings from the GS911 or their GT-1. Hell, even with the IICE Air in the zero setting, I bet they'll still make you remove it.

Via Tapatalk
05 Yamaha Fazer FZS-1000
07 R1200GS
Old 03-28-2012, 03:26 AM   #2509
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoshi View Post

I have to say that installing the IICE Air made me realize that I actually need a new clutch...
That's a good one Zoshi!

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 03-28-2012, 04:13 AM   #2510
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Assembly report.

What the heck is going on up in here? I'll tell you. On Sunday and again yesterday I tried to proceed with the epoxy potting steps. Those are the last few steps before final test and shipping. The thing about those procedures is they require me to stand up leaned far over a table for about 2 hours each. Which is of course normally no big deal right. Except for I injured my back last week. It's feeling a lot better when standing straight or sitting, but still tightens up if I bend forward at the waist for any length of time.

What this means is, I can do all the assembly steps except for the epoxy potting steps. For now that means building boards and wiring harnesses, and staging the completed assemblies for the final epoxy steps. This is more or less still ok because there's 102 remaining pieces over here. I've been at it for a few hours tonight.

I'll give epoxy a go again tomorrow and if it feels ok then that will mean Saturday shipping. Thanks for understanding.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 03-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #2511
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
Have you tried inversion therapy? It has changed my life.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #2512
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post

Have you tried inversion therapy? It has changed my life.
Not as of yet. But thanks for the thought. Once upon a time I tried some inversion boots. Apparently one needs to acclimate to the inverted bloodflow.

Typically my back is fine, like carry bundles of shingles up a ladder fine. This injury was user error plain and simple. I was working on something and I was in the wrong position for it. You know, it was one of those didn't feel like rearranging everything hold-my-beer-watch-this sort of moments.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #2513
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
Someone mentioned this earlier but another fairly simple (and definitely non-invasive and reasonably priced) therapy is getting yourself a TENS Unit. I am involved in PT right now for a recent knee surgery and the therapists swear by it for pain management and muscle re-education. I'm a believer since using it myself on a VERY messed up knee.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #2514
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
The boots are kind of harsh when you are already injured but I also started with them. I now use this.

http://www.amazon.com/Teeter-Hang-Up...2939639&sr=8-1

Check out the user reviews.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #2515
Poolside OP
Syndicated

I think a Chiropractor friend of mine has inversion boots and the TENS units. I'll have to check it out.

Really I should probably return to strength training. Maybe do some situps too, about 80 or 90 thousand of them.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #2516
grpweld
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
I just got a inversion table & it has really helped Me. That being said! it might not work for everyone, it all depends on the causes for your back pain. My chiropractor recommended the inversion over the gravity boots as he said the anti-gravity boots cause you to be stressed & you need to be relaxed for it to work. also he only recommended going back approx. 45*
Old 03-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #2517
Giuseppe
Medium-Viz

Oddometer: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Hey there Giuseppe.

JJ answered that one just the other day. I'll have to put a link to it in the FAQ section located in the first post of this thread.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...3#post18288813

It doesn't make any difference, either way balanced throttle bodies are balanced throttle bodies.

Duh, how'd I miss that?

Thanks, Poolside.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #2518
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,206
I got my IICE and installed it at the conservative -10 setting.
I drove round the block and having not broken the bike ... packed up for a trip to the coast,
for which I installed my BMW Vario panniers ... usually I ride with just a small top box.
The -10 setting seems to work fine I like it ...

I need to do some more baselining, but I want to say that having the IICE (at -10) actually IMPROVED my gas mileage ....

I'm happy!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #2519
erkmania
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
I got my IICE and installed it at the conservative -10 setting.
I drove round the block and having not broken the bike ... packed up for a trip to the coast,
for which I installed my BMW Vario panniers ... usually I ride with just a small top box.
The -10 setting seems to work fine I like it ...

Hmm, mine must be in the mail. I was planning on a -10 setting myself and there you are with a -10 review. I think my many month patience may soon be rewarded, but hopefully not at the expense of Poolside's back.

Get well soon PS.

PS: PS = Poolside not PS

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
Old 03-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #2520
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,344
Are you guys really waiting MONTHS for y'alls?

I had mine in my hand like 3 weeks after placing me order... weird!
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Closed Thread