Oh, It's like that huh?

Nah, you know I luv ya
Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #1533
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm950se View Post
Has anyone tried to run a Giantloop Great Basin on their bike?
I was wondering how it fit?
Also, has anyone had any structural/mechanical issues from placing too much weight on the back, regardless of the type of luggage system, seeing that the bike has no subframe?

ktm950se
PAbiker was running a Coyote I think. I've seen tons of them on Bergs in the threads. Have not heard of a subframe failure.

2 Bergs and no valve adjustments. Checked every 30 hours after intial check.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #1534
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
'Good to hear they can carry some weight. While I believe the Coyote is the appropriate size for the 'Bergs, there just might be a time when I'd need the extra storage a Great Basin provides. Also glad to hear about the longevity folks are getting with these motors. While the bike screams 'off-road,' I'm really thinking about dual-sporting one.
For me, its not the fact that the 570 is road-legal from the factory, it has to be able to do long distances, sometimes on tar, without needing excessive maintenance and oil changes to truly be dual-sport worthy.
By all reports, this seems to be the case!

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:37 AM   #1535
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,993
Is anybody having any stalling issues on a 2010 fx450 ?
We started up my friends bike last night for the first time and riding it around the yard and up and down the street in 40-50 degree temps, and the bike would continually stall out on decel.Sometimes after restarting as soon as you move the throttle it will stall, even after warmed up.
We just received this bike, its a brand new left over 2010.
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #1536
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GUY View Post
Is anybody having any stalling issues on a 2010 fx450 ?
We started up my friends bike last night for the first time and riding it around the yard and up and down the street in 40-50 degree temps, and the bike would continually stall out on decel.Sometimes after restarting as soon as you move the throttle it will stall, even after warmed up.
We just received this bike, its a brand new left over 2010.
Turn the idle knob to increase the idle speed of the Berg. Most people turn the idle knob (left side under shroud) down to idle like a carb'd bike, but they need to idle faster than you think.

See if that helps, and ride hard.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:13 AM   #1537
goatdog
PTO

Oddometer: 138
FMF question

Question, I have two FMF mufflers a Q4 and a Powercore 4 (both used). I have not mounted either on the bike and I would like to repack one and put a new end cap on before installing on the bike. Problem is I only have a kit to do one. For those with experence with them which one would you run?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #1538
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatdog View Post
Question, I have two FMF mufflers a Q4 and a Powercore 4 (both used). I have not mounted either on the bike and I would like to repack one and put a new end cap on before installing on the bike. Problem is I only have a kit to do one. For those with experence with them which one would you run?
Depends on your type of riding. I've got a Berg with a Q4 and a Berg with the Factory 4.1 Ti. Both have screens in them. Considerable difference in the sound levels. 4.1 is loud. I run the 4.1 on closed course and where noise isn't an issue. I run the Q4 when DSing and want to operate in stealth mode.

Thing I don't like about the Q4 is that there is no exhaust spring holder on the can. I like that extra little bit of security that comes with a spring compression fit and PermaGasket at the junction. I know it's belts and suspenders, but still like to run the spring so much that I'm getting a spring holder welded on the Q4 this week.

Know that didn't answer your question directly. 4.1 is the best FMF pipe for performance imho ( short, compact and free flowing). Q4 is larger, quieter and a better all round DS pipe.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #1539
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Turn the idle knob to increase the idle speed of the Berg. Most people turn the idle knob (left side under shroud) down to idle like a carb'd bike, but they need to idle faster than you think.

Okay,thanks for the info,we will try that.
I pull that knob out for the cold start but I did not know it turned for the Idle speed.We just recieved the bike from New York and the dealer did not send the manuals yet .
Old 12-21-2011, 03:21 AM   #1540
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,352
Hey guys,

Is anybody using the Hard Parts triples below (8120109902268) in combination with a Scotts damper? All the submounts I have here for billet and cast KTM clamps won't work, due to the different offset as well as the handlebar mounting.

Since the steering damper arm axis is supposed to sit as close as possible over the center of the stem, I am assuming the mount would ideally place it in the center of both both adjustments, so 20.5mm. Is 1.5mm offset from centerline ok for the Scotts?

I know Husaberg sells a mounting kit (77012005544) for their own damper (81212005000), but I have no idea if this will also work for the Scotts. Any advice?

Thanks,
Lukas
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #1541
McLeod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
WOW, Lukas Santa must really like you!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #1542
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post

We turned the idle adjuster screw up, but it didn't change the idle speed much and still has issues. It gets worse as it warms up. Part throttle (1/4 or less) the bike runs ok part throttle to wide open it bogs terrible. The bike is new 2010 and had a varnish smell in the tank was complete drained and 100 octane aviation fuel added.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #1543
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod View Post
WOW, Lukas Santa must really like you!
Nah, bought them used on Ebay, after selling my stock black triples to the KTM guys who like the 22mm offset it should be a $50 upgrade.

LukasM screwed with this post 12-21-2011 at 09:56 AM
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #1544
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GUY View Post

We turned the idle adjuster screw up, but it didn't change the idle speed much and still has issues. It gets worse as it warms up. Part throttle (1/4 or less) the bike runs ok part throttle to wide open it bogs terrible. The bike is new 2010 and had a varnish smell in the tank was complete drained and 100 octane aviation fuel added.
There's a ton of guys on this thread who know more than me on this subject, but I'd check the fuel pump and then move onto cleaning the injectors in that order.

Read back in the thread and you'll see where some are running the CanAm external fuel filter, a fuel filler filter and Phaser or StarBrite Ethanol and Additives neutralizer. Highly recommend all 3.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #1545
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Nah, bought them used on Ebay, after selling my stock black ones to the KTM guys who like the 22mm offset it should be a $50 upgrade.
Hey Lukas, If you have any Scotts submounts and posts for the 22mm that you want to sell let me know. I need 1. Good luck with the search.

Oh, sweeeeet blue Berg parts ya got there.