ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #1651
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer
 
nobrakes's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: North Carolina
Oddometer: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzinNH View Post
Great video, but I vote for NO music. when I hear it I turn off the sound.
Agreed. I only made it 10 seconds into that video before I killed it. It looked like it started good, though. But music on these makes me cringe like fingernails on a chalkboard.
__________________
“It’s habits that make us, and habits that break us.”

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
'12 Beta EVO 2
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #1652
OhioPT
Adventure Wannabe
 
OhioPT's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbiana County, OH
Oddometer: 1,114
Alrighty, next video gets no music
__________________
Mark
'11 KTM 250 XC (dual sported)
'05 KTM 450 EXC (dual sported)
OhioPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #1653
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,004
Went riding today on the ice with a few friends at an invitational ice ride. It was around 1 degree, but the ice was great! This is one lap of the track, I'm riding a 390

__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #1654
Duken4evr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Duken4evr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 358
Tough crowd! Enjoyed the video - I have not been to Rabbit Valley yet, but plan to next season. Looks like perfect "Berg terrain" too. Just to deflect some fire, here are a couple of crappy videos from last year

Short clip of me going up a ledge on my FE450 in Moab.

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150178876994114

The following video is a mix of stills and helmet cam footage, too long at 18 minutes, has craptastic music and sucks in general, but has beautiful scenery from Crested Butte and Taylor Park from last year's guy trip. A great time was had by all. If you are stuck in winter hell and truly desperate for a dirt bike fix, well, here you go. Don't say I didn't warn you

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150327724459114
__________________
2010 Husaberg FE450 (plated)
2001 Honda CR250 (out of state riding buddy's bike stored in CO for his annual epic ride) fills my need for the occasional 2 stroke hit!
2006 Yamaha FZ1
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #1655
Rider1
Ridin' Dave
 
Rider1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
Alrighty, next video gets no music
Mark, you did some great ridin' in that video !!

As far as music.......I guess some viewers don't know about the MUTE feature so prominently shown at the bottom of the window
Rider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #1656
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Tough crowd! Enjoyed the video - I have not been to Rabbit Valley yet, but plan to next season. Looks like perfect "Berg terrain" too.

Just to deflect some fire, here are a couple of crappy videos from last year

Short clip of me going up a ledge on my FE450 in Moab.

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150178876994114

The following video is a mix of stills and helmet cam footage, too long at 18 minutes, has craptastic music and sucks in general, but has beautiful scenery from Crested Butte and Taylor Park from last year's guy trip. A great time was had by all. If you are stuck in winter hell and truly desperate for a dirt bike fix, well, here you go. Don't say I didn't warn you

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150327724459114
I don't think anyone can see your video's from FB unless we're friends
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #1657
AWM
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
Alrighty, next video gets no music

I thought that was a great video.

I just muted it,and made my own motorbike noises.
__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #1658
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer
 
nobrakes's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: North Carolina
Oddometer: 3,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPT View Post
Alrighty, next video gets no music
Sweet! I'll watch 30 minutes of helmet cam with just the noise of the bike and be riveted the whole time. But as soon as the music starts, it's hard for me to keep watching. But maybe I'm not the norm.
__________________
“It’s habits that make us, and habits that break us.”

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
'12 Beta EVO 2
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #1659
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 5,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Went riding today on the ice with a few friends at an invitational ice ride. It was around 1 degree, but the ice was great! This is one lap of the track, I'm riding a 390

Nice video Crank Were you running homemade spikes or Trelli's?
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #1660
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Nice video Crank Were you running homemade spikes or Trelli's?
I was running ice screws, they're called Kold Kutters. The rear tires weighs 40#'s
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #1661
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 5,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
I was running ice screws, they're called Kold Kutters. The rear tires weighs 40#'s
Thanks. I see them at http://www.koldkutter.com

Is there a preferred knobby for cold temps to put the screws in, and do you put one in every knob to get crazy on the ice? How fast do they fall/pull out - if they do? Thanks!

I'm thinking of setting up a set of tires and go ice hunting.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #1662
Tarheel Wheeler
Around
 
Tarheel Wheeler's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: A53, NC
Oddometer: 3,652
Great Videos OhioPT and Sir Crankshaft.

For me, guess the music thing just depends on the bike riding and what you're video taping. I think we'll all agree that there is no sweeter sounding thumper than a Berg or we wouldn't be in this thread...something about that intake noise right in front of you and the exhaust note on a Berg. So if you're riding a Berg then let it make the music for the vid. Now if you're riding a KLR then by all means cover it up with music. Just kiddin KLR riders.
Having said that I have absolutely no problem with a little Drowning Pool (Bodies) playing while turning a hot lap on a Berg. Very motivating!
__________________
Adversity is the state in which man most easily becomes acquainted with himself, being especially free of admirers then. John Wooden

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #1663
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 5,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Thanks. I see them at http://www.koldkutter.com

Is there a preferred knobby for cold temps to put the screws in, and do you put one in every knob to get crazy on the ice? How fast do they fall/pull out - if they do? Thanks!

I'm thinking of setting up a set of tires and go ice hunting.
Cyborg, I used Grip Studs.
http://www.gripstuds.com/


I did this set up so I can ride when there is some snow and ice.
I didn't stud every knobby as I want to be able to ride the dirt and rocks.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #1664
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 5,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider1 View Post
Mark, you did some great ridin' in that video !!

As far as music.......I guess some viewers don't know about the MUTE feature so prominently shown at the bottom of the window
It's not about muting the sound, I want to be able to hear what the rider was doing, on the gas / off the gas, shifting gears up or down, spinning up the rear wheel, killing the engine with too much rear brake.

Music is fine if you're going for a Benny Hill feeling or if you recorded it in super slow motion.

I want to experience as much as I can from the ride, the music just kills it as does muting it to kill the sound.

Not everything one does in life needs a fucking sound track.

Like I said, if I want to listen to music I want to listen to REAL musicians, not drum machine drones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=objvCrF7XEU
Dr. John Iko Iko - Ringo Starr's first All Star band 1989 - Ringo Starr, Joe Walsh, Nils Lofgren, Dr. John, Billy Preston (RIP), Rick Danko, Levon Helm, Jim Keltner, Clarence Clemons

guns_equal_freedom screwed with this post 01-15-2012 at 10:51 PM
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #1665
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,640
anyone point me to an under bar mount for a scotts stabilzer for my 450?
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015