Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #2206
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocou View Post
I finally went with LOST RIDER offer. I'll get a Seat Concepts tall seat soon !!!

Done and done, glad to help!

I'm going back in to SC in person, they are swapping out my foam for the harder stuff, I'm running a low seat and it seems my butt is hitting the pan. It's not too bad, but on those days I'm spending far too much time sitting instead of standing it should be more comfortable.
Got to love Seat Concepts customer service! Great guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
Look like fun trails. And thanks for the reminder that I need to order the fan kit for my berg.

My Fan Kit is ordered from my local shop, I'll be putting it in this week and heading back to that trail on my quest for GLORY better prepared!

Question for you fellow berg owners - I read about some people installing a lower temp fan switch off a BMW 325i that "comes on at 203F instead of 223F so the fan runs a lot more", is that a good idea? Seems like cooler is good.

How about just putting a manual switch in and forgetting about the temp switch? What brand switch do you recommend?
Was thinking I should put some kind of bypass switch in anyways to have control over my bikes power consumption when needed. WIth a 55w HID light, heated grips, etc I'd like to have control to prioritize what's needed in various climates/rides if needed.
Also while talking about power, does anyone know how much power the fan uses?

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwiggins View Post
Another question. Will the tube for the 140/80 work for the 130/90?
Thanks,
Don
I've never had any problems running a slightly larger tube in my bikes, usually you can go up or down one size with tires and tubes with no issues.
Usually.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #2207
Duken4evr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
Hi Lost,

Definitely do the BMW fan switch. I find that it is perfect - blunts the temp before it gets up there like the stock switch allows. I also have a "manual override" fan switch but I rarely use it, - only if I am in a gnarly section that is known to go on and on - will somtimes engage the fan at the outset. It is a bit of overkill though, honestly. In my opinion, the 95/90C switch is perfect, as it engages well before the engine temps are getting up into edge of boiling the water zone.

The 'Bergs stator is a stout one, putting out 211 watts. I would not worry to much about power draw even with your 55W light. Load it up and go to town. Heat the grips, run the fan, throw a party
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #2208
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,094
OK, thanks for the reply! Party time!

I see there's different switches, I read the 1984 BMW 3 series switch is the one to use. Apparently there's a few different one's available with different temps. 82C, 89, 99, etc.

Which one should I get? Are there found at regular auto parts stores or should I order online?

Thanks!

http://www.google.com/search?client=...w=1414&bih=812

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #2209
Duken4evr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
The one I am running is from NAPA, part number ATM 1435033. It is rated 95/90C. It is completely plug and play, the stock spade clips fit right on. You can unscrew the old one and pop in the new one and lose maybe a thimbleful of coolant if you are good
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #2210
baumanator
baumanator

Oddometer: 14
Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBlack View Post
I have a complete seat concepts standard height seat if you would like.
$200.00 shipped
Put me in line for your seat as well. Definitely have interest.
Send a PM, or email at fkbauman@gmail.com
Thanks,
Kelly Bauman
Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #2211
dp63130
none.

Oddometer: 305
2010 fe570 fuel line

Anyone have a source or know the details of the fuel line coming from the tank to the quick disconnect on a 2010 fe570? Just noticed mine has significant wear and I'm about to head out on a 1500 mile trip. It's got a KTM part number but in the husa catalog it's:

75007116060 FUEL HOSE WITH CLUTCH

00050153706 VARIABLE ONE-EAR CLAMP 15,3MM

I don't know what PSI it's rated for but I'm guessing upwards of 60?

Any chance anyone has found an autoparts store replacement? The places I've called that have KTM / Husaberg parts seem to be out of stock.

Thanks in advance.
d
dp63130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #2212
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatsack View Post
After the first few rides on my new (to me) Husaberg FE390 I'm really enjoying the bike. The engine character is very smooth and tractable and the chassis just does whatever I ask of it. As good as the bike is, I decided that I needed to make a couple of adjustments to improve the ergonomics and make the bike fit me just a little better.

Renzco Racing to the rescue!

(full disclosure) This is James Renazco's old bike which I purchased a few months ago.
Hey Michael, I have the Renazco seat that was on your (formerly James's 390) that you sent back to him. Now it (James's seat) is up in the Seattle area. Small moto world eh?
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #2213
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
09 fe450

Hi Guys

have joined the club with a well used fe450 09 model (all i could afford) 145 hours and 2500 miles from a "sportsman" rider who never used it on the road. So i'm putting all the road bits (from the box which came with it) back on and have a couple of minor issues i was hoping you guys could advise on

i took off the rear light carrier to feed the wires from the license plate holder up into the battery area and found on refitting it that the ejot screws in the middle are just rotating in the plastic, is there anyway to get a firmer fitment? or is it a replacement tail unit? the other question is the same wires from the license plate holder i've routed under the black ladder frame through what looks like a cable hole, but i've found the wires are pinched between the ladder frame and the tail section, is that normal or have i routed them wrong? one final question .. where is the best place to mount the horn ?

Many thanks in advance
Ian
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #2214
meatsack
Moto-idiot

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Hey Michael, I have the Renazco seat that was on your (formerly James's 390) that you sent back to him. Now it (James's seat) is up in the Seattle area. Small moto world eh?
I thought the seat in your photos looked familiar .

Loved your LED headlight install. Looking forward to doing something similar before too long.
04' CRF230 Flat Tracker, 02' CRF150F, 66' CB160

meatsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #2215
TLtrials
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Helmet cam footage from the last couple of National Enduros on my 450 berg. On row 37 for both the TN and LA round, Jordan Ashburn, Jesse Groem, and a handful of other Pro's and A/AA riders are on the rows behind us. They are ripping.

TN round:

LA round:
TLtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #2216
Sproat Sport
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
How many clicks/hours have you racked up?

This bike's been going for a few years now, so maybe we can start tallying the FE's durability. Maybe we should also mention the type of riding you do as well.

My bike's still new, so it doesn't say much at all...but just to get it started:

420 kms
12 hours
80% logging road, 20% single-track.
Sproat Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #2217
APBlack
nOOb on a fly

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproat Sport View Post
This bike's been going for a few years now, so maybe we can start tallying the FE's durability. Maybe we should also mention the type of riding you do as well.

My bike's still new, so it doesn't say much at all...but just to get it started:

420 kms
12 hours
80% logging road, 20% single-track.
I have a 2011 FE570s. Only problem so far was the gas cap check ball.
I just checked the valves. Intakes were ok but both exhaust were out of spec and needed shims.
80% road and fire roads
20% single track

1847 miles
54 Hrs
06 KTM 950 Adv (orange one)
05 Honda 650L
APBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #2218
TLtrials
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
2009 FE450:
Currently:
156.9 hours
2,571 miles
90% Enduro and Hare Scramble Races
10% Trail Riding/practicing

No major issues, 14 oil and filter changes, three valve checks - all within spec, 8 or 9 sets of tires, 3 suspension services, 4 sets of radiator shrouds, 4 or 5 sets of hand guard flags, 4 sets of chain and sprockets, 1 counter shaft seal/spacer, new wheel bearings and seals, 4 sets of rear brake pads, 2 sets of front pads, 1 new battery, 6 brake and clutch fluid changes, 1 new heim joint, Trail Tricks timing chain adjuster, 1 new spark plug.

2011 FE570S:
Currently:
40.6 hours
1100 miles
Dual Sport Duty - 30% pavement, 30% dirt roads, 20% double track trail, 20% single track trail.

3 oil changes, Dealer TPS adjustment, Dealer mapping change, 3 sets of tires, 1 suspension service.
TLtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #2219
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
2011 FE390:
Currently:
24 hours
700 miles
Dual Sport Duty - 60% pavement, 20% dirt/gravel roads, 20% single track trail, so far.

Zero problems. 2 oil changes, swapped out OEM Bridgestone MX tires for T63's for dual-sport and they are barely showing any wear after 500 miles. Will be checking valves soon.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:29 AM   #2220
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,626
2010 FE 390

100 hours
4498 klms
Dual sport 30% bitumen 70% dirt and single track.

Clutch slave cylinder needed bleeding once at 3000 klm.

Valves checked twice, no adjustments required.
Oem tyres, chain and sprockets.
One setup suspension service.
Trail Tricks manual timing chain adjuster.
70 Degree sub tank and map switch fitted.
Woodies made rear wheel with Rad Cush hub and excel rim fitted at 3000 klm.
Swap between a 12, 13 and 14 tooth front with the 52 rear.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote