User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #2296
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Will it fit?

Can anyone tell if this will fit my FE 570...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-2012-EXC...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 05-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #2297
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Can anyone tell if this will fit my FE 570...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-2012-EXC...sories&vxp=mtr
I dont think so..He makes one specifically for the FE570.. I bought one last week.. no turn signals or license plate mount.. send him a message he will make one for you.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #2298
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I dont think so..He makes one specifically for the FE570.. I bought one last week.. no turn signals or license plate mount.. send him a message he will make one for you.
+1

I did the same last week with license plate backing and mini LED turn signals.
Plug and play .... no problems with the install.

R1
Old 05-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #2299
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
haul loops

has anyone mounted a haul loop / tugger strap of any variety to the rear of the berg ? just wondering where you found to attach it?

thanks
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #2300
atk_nut
and atk_nut_wife

Oddometer: 584
tugger

The easiest one I found was a 2 inch strap right through the "hand holes". I tied a tight knot that tucks nicely in.

You can even still take the seat off if you leave just enough slack.

http://members.shaw.ca/fourup
http://vimeo.com/jollyrogerranch
atk_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #2301
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,187
Anyone know the torque setting for the center clutch nut? dont see it in the owners manual.. at least called the center clutch nut.. trying to put in a rekluse.. would the owners manual call it something else?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

mrt10x screwed with this post 05-28-2012 at 02:27 PM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #2302
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
has anyone mounted a haul loop / tugger strap of any variety to the rear of the berg ? just wondering where you found to attach it?

thanks
I've seen it done by running the rear strap under the rear of the side panels and under/around the black composite seat frame. No "hand holes" if you have a 70degree subframe tank. Don't have a picture, plan to add that to mine soon too.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #2303
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Been there....tried that. I swapped chains to one additional link. I did not have enough axle slot to properly tension the new chain. It was not even rideable this way. Shortest axle slot I've ever seen in a swingarm. So, beats me! And, I'm no noob to bike setup & wrenching.

Maybe I got one with too tall a sidewall.....magically. Or, it was those 2nd gear Splatters. I dunno.

HF
HF, went riding this weekend with a friend who has had several MT43's on his 570 for a long time and has not eaten any holes in his mud guard. He did have to get a slightly longer chain, and you can see the axle is far back in the slot.

You can see in this picture that there is some clearance.

We rode lots of rocks and mud that day and I didn't see any issues with his setup.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #2304
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,725
So, how many have fitted the Safari front fuel tank to their Berg?

Anything for and against its fitting and use?

Recommendations?

How far before refuel now?

I have a 70 Degree tank already fitted and looking at fitting the front tank to get around 300+ klms.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #2305
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
The other day, I was riding my 2010 390 in some tight single track and noticed that the bike was running a bit hotter than normal. I also noticed a different exhaust note, sharper if that makes any sense. After you shut it off, you can hear the coolant making noise, creaking and groaning a bit but the rad cap never popped. I'm wondering if my fuel injector is plugged and in need of a flushing? It idles high also after riding it for a little bit.

Anyone have any ideas? It has started to be a bit tougher to start, I actually need to use the choke on the throttle body for the fist time since I've owned it.....hmmmm, sounding more and more like a plugged injector.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #2306
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,725
Check the fuel filters as well if the injector is spraying in a good pattern.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #2307
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
The other day, I was riding my 2010 390 in some tight single track and noticed that the bike was running a bit hotter than normal. I also noticed a different exhaust note, sharper if that makes any sense. After you shut it off, you can hear the coolant making noise, creaking and groaning a bit but the rad cap never popped. I'm wondering if my fuel injector is plugged and in need of a flushing? It idles high also after riding it for a little bit.

Anyone have any ideas? It has started to be a bit tougher to start, I actually need to use the choke on the throttle body for the fist time since I've owned it.....hmmmm, sounding more and more like a plugged injector.
I'll bet you a dollar that wasn't coolant making the noise you heard. I bet it was fuel.

My 570 used to boil fuel like crazy when it was confined to slow speed technical terrain. I insulated the bottom of the tank and have the issue much less often and only at higher (9K+) altitudes now.
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #2308
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganshert View Post
I'll bet you a dollar that wasn't coolant making the noise you heard. I bet it was fuel.

My 570 used to boil fuel like crazy when it was confined to slow speed technical terrain. I insulated the bottom of the tank and have the issue much less often and only at higher (9K+) altitudes now.
Could be but that doesnt explain the exhaust note or the cold start difference.
I'll insulate the tank though, sounds like a no brainer.
Been doing a lot more enduros lately, which concerns me a bit.

I ordered a fuel injector this morning and have a filter in my parts bin. I've heard about the Berg rally people using an external filter, anyone have a part number?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #2309
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,048
i guess i jinxed myself with removing the fuel sock...

fired the 11' 570 up yesterday, and went ~50 miles. shut bike off, bike would not refire, took multiple cranking attempts, then it fired.

i rode another 20 miles or so, and shut the bike off and it did not refire. all it did was crank, with the occassional fart from the intake/exhaust. no FI light aside from the brief illumination on startup. fuel pump works on keyturn, i can hear it cycle.

i was thinking it was flooded, so pulled the plug, it was dry. disconnected/reconnected battery & tried pulling the gas cap, same deal. bike has half tank of fuel. bike would not fire after sitting over and hour in the shade.

pushed the bike a mile through the woods, and got to a hill. able to bump start it. rode out to a main road, and shut the bike off. bike immediately refired with ease.

i waited 45 min for my wife to arrive with the truck. tried to fire the bike up, and it just cranked. drove an hour home, and tried to fire the bike up after pulling it off the truck, and it started right up... wtf?

from the research i have found, these bikes have fuel pump issues that seem to coincide with my problem. BUT. i can still hear my pump. is it not dead.

dealer says 2 weeks before they can LOOK at it. fugg. i have had the bike a month and it has 20 hours on it.

my question to my fellow inmates, should i just cut to the chase, scrap the dealer BS altogether and replace the pump with a ca-cycleworks pump?
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #2310
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,901
If the fuel is boiling it isn't pumping well to the injector. I'm going to grab a lower temp fan switch and deal with killing the battery I guess. It is like dancing on a tightrope with these bikes. I've had both the pump and a battery die and there is nothing more depressing than a barely audible "click" when you push the button.

I bought into the li-po battery craze big time thru 4 different manufacturers. Now I won't even own one. With the load of the 570 and the heat it builds forget it.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote