Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #2941
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Love mine too. I got the 570 for one simple reason: street legal in CA. For all the same reasons HighFive and Cyborg said, I'd have preferred the smaller (and slightly lighter) bike.

BUT - do I regret buying it? Nope. Not once. I do a bunch of dual sport riding, so something that's good for some speed on asphalt is good. The 570 has it in spades. To quote Jeremy Clarkson: "Poooowwwweeeeerrrrrr!" . I've done 300 mile dual sport weekend rides and 35 mile trail rides and it seems to eat 'em all up without a murmur.

I have a subframe tank for extra range (but I am awaiting a replacement - less said about that the better ). With the subframe tank I can get over 100 miles between gas stations. Oh, I also have a Rekluse. Love it.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:34 AM   #2942
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
[QUOTE=Tee2;19979397]
If the 2013 Burgs are just blue and yellow KTM's any reason to get one over a KTM?

QUOTE]

i think that the 2013 bergs have the closed cartridge forks as std where as the ktms only get them on the 6days model, the bergs have the plastic subframe and a larger tank
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:05 AM   #2943
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,334
[QUOTE=frostyuk;19989698]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee2 View Post
If the 2013 Burgs are just blue and yellow KTM's any reason to get one over a KTM?

QUOTE]

i think that the 2013 bergs have the closed cartridge forks as std where as the ktms only get them on the 6days model, the bergs have the plastic subframe and a larger tank
Actually the new Bergs and the 6 Days KTMs have 4CS forks. Nice, plush and practical to have both adjustments on top, but the setup is not well sorted out yet, bottom too easily.

I personally really like the plastic subframe, haven't heard of a single person damaging one yet and I know of plenty broken AL frames. Beta has 35,000 kms with a full luggage load + a 6 liter dromedary on top of his with not one problem. Nobody knows yet if the 2013 ones will be as sturdy though.

LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 AM   #2944
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
[QUOTE=LukasM;19989816]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post

Actually the new Bergs and the 6 Days KTMs have 4CS forks. Nice, plush and practical to have both adjustments on top, but the setup is not well sorted out yet, bottom too easily.

I personally really like the plastic subframe, haven't heard of a single person damaging one yet and I know of plenty broken AL frames. Beta has 35,000 kms with a full luggage load + a 6 liter dromedary on top of his with not one problem. Nobody knows yet if the 2013 ones will be as sturdy though.

Yeah but Beta's bike was "LukasM prepared" I know because I read this great thread on the prep of the bikes... oh wait.. maybe I didnt!!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #2945
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,334
[QUOTE=mrt10x;19989890]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post

Yeah but Beta's bike was "LukasM prepared" I know because I read this great thread on the prep of the bikes... oh wait.. maybe I didnt!!

Actually, Beta built his own bike over in the USA so he could be writing the build thread... I was just responsible for parts selection and to build Colebatch's and my bikes.

But point taken, and I've already started selecting and uploading pics.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #2946
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Anyone running the Cycra Pro Bend stem mounts for handguards? Right now I have them with the handlebar mount, just wondering if they make a mount for the stems on the Husabergs?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #2947
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,206
FE450. Got my front wheel balanced the other day for fun, yes I was right, it was pretty out of balance. Bouncing along the bitumen a bit.
100 g needed!!!! That's three fat balls of lead on three spokes. I went for the expensive & stylish re-usable ones that fasten to the spoke with an Allen Key.
Not that I do any road work anyway really..........

(note for dinosaurs : 100g = 0.22 pounds)
Old 11-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #2948
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,636
It took me lots of weight to balance the stock wheel, as well (5 spoke weights).

Until I drilled another hole for a 2nd rim lock and installed the Motion Pro Lite rim locks on both sides. Then, I was able to balance the wheel with only a single spoke weight. Runs super smooth now....no more bouncing.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #2949
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
[QUOTE=LukasM;19989946]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post

Actually, Beta built his own bike over in the USA so he could be writing the build thread... I was just responsible for parts selection and to build Colebatch's and my bikes.

But point taken, and I've already started selecting and uploading pics.
Been waiting on this! You three's adventure sealed the deal for the purchase of my 570. I would love to see a build thread.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #2950
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,124
I have some Husaberg parts for sale over on UH.... Bullet Proof Rad guards, FMF Powercore 4 pipe , and a Bazzaz Fuel Injector Tuner module for anyone interested.

http://www.husaberg.org/classifieds....egory&cat_id=4

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #2951
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
. Bullet Proof Rad guards,
out of interest why are you getting rid of these?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #2952
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
It took me lots of weight to balance the stock wheel, as well (5 spoke weights).

Until I drilled another hole for a 2nd rim lock and installed the Motion Pro Lite rim locks on both sides. Then, I was able to balance the wheel with only a single spoke weight. Runs super smooth now....no more bouncing.

HF
i went with the motion pro lite rimlocks but just the one on each wheel, then added the fancy screw on spoke weights 1.5 oz (2pieces) on the front and 2.5 oz (3pieces) on the rear. am happy with the results
Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #2953
Sproat Sport
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Great info about the spoke weights used. Where did you guys get them. Most dealers I talk to don't carry them. Thanks.
Sproat Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #2954
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

ebay...do a search..lots of options. Here is just one random one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REUSABLE-SPO...548f76&vxp=mtr

NoMar also sells them I believe.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #2955
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
ebay...do a search..lots of options. Here is just one random one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REUSABLE-SPO...548f76&vxp=mtr

NoMar also sells them I believe.
yup thats the ebay chap i got mine from, if you've got the motion pro lite rim locks you'll only need the mixed weight packet, if you've got regular rimlocks then you might need the double pack which give you 5 of the 1oz weights as well as the smaller sizes