Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #2956
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
out of interest why are you getting rid of these?

I'm running a Safari front tank and they don't fit. I probably could have cut them up and made it work, but I'm just going to reinvest the loot back in the bike on other stuff...

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #2957
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,182
I like the idea of running double rim locks too.. I have double locks on the rear and it balances very easily... I mean if one is good.. two MUST be better ... right
Old 11-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #2958
Lost Rider
Roadie

I too went with double motion pro rim locks to help with making balancing easier earlier this year. It does.
But laziness took priority after changing tires so often by hand that I have went back to a single rim lock, since having double rim lock does indeed make tire changing more challenging, at least for me.

I have two sets of those fancy wheel weights with the set screws ready to go on with my next tire change, same ones off of ebay. I've been using standard crimp on weights, but since the cost is about the same and mine are getting mangled I'm changing it up.
I bought a pack of 5@1oz, and a "starter" variety pack to cover the needs, good to hear I should have enough.

LostRider.com
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #2959
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Could a backwards Can Am fuel filter cause significant mid to high RPM power loss?

Took my new 570 back to the dealer to get checked out. Posted a page or so back about a my bike having lame power. Hit mid range and it just lays flat and ceases to make more power. It sounds very choked up or restricted. The dealer supposedly desmogged and installed the offroad map (and charged me $100 for it!)

The service manager saw the can am filter and immediately tried to blame it on that. He kept saying that it wasn't needed and that " you must be read all those online forums; you can't really believe all of that stuff!" (I tried to explain the reason I bought the bike was because of the forums and not from his infinite wisdom.)

The only thing I am afraid of is if the filter is backwards somehow. Installed the can am filter very early on and don't remember the bike being any different before the filter. I did wrap the filter several times in heat shield and covered up the flow direction arrow and had to uncover it once to recheck the direction. About 90% sure it is the right way.

Would a backwards filter run at all? Could it possibly be the root of my problem? I had to leave to bike for who knows how long and I would hate for this to be the problem.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #2960
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Could a backwards Can Am fuel filter cause significant mid to high RPM power loss?

Took my new 570 back to the dealer to get checked out. Posted a page or so back about a my bike having lame power. Hit mid range and it just lays flat and ceases to make more power. It sounds very choked up or restricted. The dealer supposedly desmogged and installed the offroad map (and charged me $100 for it!)

The service manager saw the can am filter and immediately tried to blame it on that. He kept saying that it wasn't needed and that " you must be read all those online forums; you can't really believe all of that stuff!" (I tried to explain the reason I bought the bike was because of the forums and not from his infinite wisdom.)

The only thing I am afraid of is if the filter is backwards somehow. Installed the can am filter very early on and don't remember the bike being any different before the filter. I did wrap the filter several times in heat shield and covered up the flow direction arrow and had to uncover it once to recheck the direction. About 90% sure it is the right way.

Would a backwards filter run at all? Could it possibly be the root of my problem? I had to leave to bike for who knows how long and I would hate for this to be the problem.

My bike just having been in a shop I was told there's a recall that involves them installing the inline fuel filter just before the injector, an updated one.
To make a real long story short, now that my bike has the new filter and the injector was cleaned it's running better than ever, pulling hard.

While it might not be what's up with your bike, your description sounds a lot like how mine was running before this new filter was installed and I cleaned the injector

I believe that with this OEM filter from the dealer the canam one might not be needed, something for you to consider. With how many times I've had my tank on and off lately I can't imagine not having the quick release on the fuel lines...

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 11-08-2012 at 09:51 AM
Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #2961
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Yeah I would check the little filter at the inlet of the throttle body and the flow direction of the Can-Am filter just to be able to exclude that. The bad ones are 10 micron and black, the updated 15 or 20 micron and grey. Our build thread has some pics.

Don't take off the elbow at the throttle body as the Oring might not fit again properly later, so just remove the Oetiker style ear clamp at the TB, pull off the hose, check the filter which might have slid back into the line, and replace with a re-useable FI rated hose clamp, the KTM kit comes with one.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #2962
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

I never put the Can Am filter in, and have had zero issues, but my bike came from the dealer with the new 10 micron kit installed. I do remember that when I was looking at all the install threads for the Can Am filiter thinking the flow direction seemed backward to me.. I mean it was obviously the right direction..but for some reason my mind wanted it to flow the other direction.. my mechanical skills are young and still developing I, however, am old and not

edit: I also recently brought the bike back to the dealer so they could do the promised service they threw in with the purchase.. they replaced the filters and said they were looking a bit grey and clogged.. I had right about 1000 miles on the bike.. they stated that after that first change they very rarely see any clogging.. just on the first change.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #2963
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Never mind,

Dealer sent an invoice back. "All scans normal, rides typical of 570 dual sport bike" then gave a bill for $120!!!

I am completely perplexed and steaming angry right now. I called and they recommended a new exhaust to open it up. That this dead spot is normal. It won't even pull freaking 6th gear on a flat road with 14-48 gearing! If this is "normal" I would never bought the bike.

The service manage said that if they had found a problem then there wouldn't have been any charge but since there wasn't one they had to charge me for 1.12 hours of labor???

Am I missing something?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #2964
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,117
Yes - horsepower.

That bike should rip - my '10 FX450 does.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #2965
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
Yes - horsepower.

That bike should rip - my '10 FX450 does.
Even though the owner and manager both said the same this morning, the manager stated "this is just how these street legal versions are" (when inquiring on the anemic performance) this afternoon when I called. Feel like I am getting screwed on both ends!

The owner is out cutting trails but I am going to speak with him tomorrow before I pay for anything. He is supposed to be a good guy. We will see.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #2966
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Feel like I am bitching too much. I will update my story when I get some final word from the owner. Back to the cool 70 degree shit y'all always post!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #2967
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Feel like I am bitching too much. I will update my story when I get some final word from the owner. Back to the cool 70 degree shit y'all always post!
I never even rode mine in full "street legal" garb.. had the dealer pull the evap/emissions gear and install the dirt bike "map" right from the get go.. are you still riding in full OEM set up? I can do 90 mph in 6th and still have room to go with a 13-48 set up.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #2968
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I never even rode mine in full "street legal" garb.. had the dealer pull the evap/emissions gear and install the dirt bike "map" right from the get go.. are you still riding in full OEM set up? I can do 90 mph in 6th and still have room to go with a 13-48 set up.
Me too, they even charged me $100 after they told me it would be free. It supposed to be full "off-road" mode. Desmogged and off road map. I really felt like the off road map wasn't installed and that was why it was running so poorly. Manager says no.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #2969
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Me too, they even charged me $100 after they told me it would be free. It supposed to be full "off-road" mode. Desmogged and off road map. I really felt like the off road map wasn't installed and that was why it was running so poorly. Manager says no.
There is a way to open up the stock pipe that has been discussed as well.. but I changed mine out for an aftermarket exhaust from these guys http://rocketexhaust.com/ on and I didnt notice any increase in performance at all, I just melted my rear turn signals I do think it runs "cooler" with the more open exhaust.. but there was already too much power.. so a little bit more from a more open exhaust was lost on me.

have you tried the Husa subforum over at Thumpertalk, the "unnoficial" husaberg forum at www.husaberg.org and the Husa sub forum at ktmtalk to see if you could find a fellow husaberg owner in your area?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #2970
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I'm running a Safari front tank and they don't fit. I probably could have cut them up and made it work, but I'm just going to reinvest the loot back in the bike on other stuff...
I may take the Rad gaurds send me a PM!!!
I cuold use them on my son KTM 150xc