Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #2971
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Me too, they even charged me $100 after they told me it would be free. It supposed to be full "off-road" mode. Desmogged and off road map. I really felt like the off road map wasn't installed and that was why it was running so poorly. Manager says no.
With the competition map and stock exhaust (just cat and rear screen removed) I have hit 174 km/h / 108 mph with a full GL Coyote on the rear on my 570, with a 17" rear tire and 15/45 gearing.

If yours doesn't pull to at least 100 mph then something is wrong.

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #2972
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I'm running a Safari front tank and they don't fit. I probably could have cut them up and made it work, but I'm just going to reinvest the loot back in the bike on other stuff...
A small notch at the bottom to clear the tank's brace and they fit great...and you still get the front protection....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #2973
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,201
Different maps, open exhaust, and the like can make incremental changes/improvements, but your 570 should be scary fast w/ the soft map and all smog equipment intact and only get quicker from there.

If you can't wheelie at will in 3rd or 4th gear and pull the ton (100mph), it's not running right.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #2974
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,270
Quote:
Me too, they even charged me $100 after they told me it would be free. It supposed to be full "off-road" mode. Desmogged and off road map. I really felt like the off road map wasn't installed and that was why it was running so poorly. Manager says no.
Remapped ones don't pop and carry on like a stock street legal one does. They run OK with the stock map but completely different with the open map. I can tell by the sound of one if it's been remapped.
I wouldn't fool with the exhaust, although the FS I rode with the akro and Euro map was wicked. Standard mods on the ones I've seen is heat shield on the tank, exhaust wrap, a fan, and most important the remap. Pick up a cycleworks fuel pump for a spare, chances are you'll need it.
JTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 AM   #2975
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,228
Was a bit excited about reported fuel consumption figures, so to prove for myself I did an easy ride down SEQ (Linville) way and got 4l/100km. That means 210kms on a 8.5l tank. (What, must be about 125miles)

Google tells me that is 60mpg.

I reckon I could get a fair bit better, but the riding would be pretty boring. (especially if I put one tooth larger than std on the front sprocket)

In any human interaction where money is moving from you to another; NEVER trust ANYTHING you are told.
Blakduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #2976
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Even though the owner and manager both said the same this morning, the manager stated "this is just how these street legal versions are" (when inquiring on the anemic performance) this afternoon when I called. Feel like I am getting screwed on both ends!

The owner is out cutting trails but I am going to speak with him tomorrow before I pay for anything. He is supposed to be a good guy. We will see.
What about the air filter? The only gripe I have heard about the design is that the air filter seems a little small for the 570 and they do flatten out on top more than the smaller Bergs. Your bike sat for close to 2 years probably, and I would guess we don't know for sure if the dealer touched it since then. The oil could be pretty thick by now. I would try cleaning the air filter really well and then just barely oiling it and then go for a pavement ride and see if you notice a difference.

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #2977
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Tried cleaning the air filter as it seemed like it wasn't getting any air but didn't really notice any change.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #2978
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,201
RTF - Your 570 should be very quick @ 100% stock. I would not sink any $$$ into mods until it runs properly. What you are describing sound like a stock DRZ 400 or 650 KLR. Your bike, stock, should have double the power of those. Did you buy it new? If so, I would take that thing back to the dealer and leave it there till it's fixed or replaced. I'd see if I could get a factory rep/tech of some kind come to check it out - I'm having doubts about your dealer.

Is there a dyno anywhere nearby? If you could get your bike on one, the (lack of) power could be measured.

How about riding another 570 or similar bike to see if your is way different/slower?

I haven't ridden any Husabergs but my own, but I have never (in 40 years) ridden any 400+ cc quality dirt bike that was not at least quick and the 500+ cc ones have all been very, very quick.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #2979
bkowal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Could a backwards Can Am fuel filter cause significant mid to high RPM power loss?

Took my new 570 back to the dealer to get checked out. Posted a page or so back about a my bike having lame power. Hit mid range and it just lays flat and ceases to make more power. It sounds very choked up or restricted. The dealer supposedly desmogged and installed the offroad map (and charged me $100 for it!)

The service manager saw the can am filter and immediately tried to blame it on that. He kept saying that it wasn't needed and that " you must be read all those online forums; you can't really believe all of that stuff!" (I tried to explain the reason I bought the bike was because of the forums and not from his infinite wisdom.)

The only thing I am afraid of is if the filter is backwards somehow. Installed the can am filter very early on and don't remember the bike being any different before the filter. I did wrap the filter several times in heat shield and covered up the flow direction arrow and had to uncover it once to recheck the direction. About 90% sure it is the right way.

Would a backwards filter run at all? Could it possibly be the root of my problem? I had to leave to bike for who knows how long and I would hate for this to be the problem.
I can't see the fuel filter being a problem is installed backwards, If there was a check valve in it, the bike probably woundn't run at all if installed backwards.

The bike should rip, but they don't like to rev, not like some bikes. The mid-range pull is very strong, then you shift and keep on ripping. This is true of my FE450, should be the same with the 570, I would remove the restrictor in the exhaust tip and give it a try again. Unless you are used to open class sportbikes or GP bikes, it should feel very fast. I have hit the rev limiter more than usual with the 450, it doesn't have any over rev, but its got lots of gears and the world rushes by very quickly if you use them.

I have ridden the FE390, I gotta try the 570 next time I have a chance to see the difference with the 450.
bkowal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #2980
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,331
Why not just take the filter out and show the bike still has no power?
Old 11-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #2981
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,020
Quote:
Tried cleaning the air filter as it seemed like it wasn't getting any air but didn't really notice any change.
Sometimes when installing an additional filter like the CanAm, it's possible to get small scrapings off the hose which in that location would go right to the small inline injector pre-filter located in the injector 90-degree fitting. Do you know if your injector filter has been changed from 10micron to 20 micron? The dealers are supposed to provide those filter upgrade kits for free per KTM. If that little inline filter is plugged, or if it got by that filter and plugged injector nozzles that will definitely rob power.

I doubt installing a filter backwards would plug it (as long as it doesn't have a check valve), just likely make it less efficient.

I don't run an extra filter in that quick disconnect location. I still have my doubts it's needed at all. The pump has a pre-screen, then a big filter in the tank after the pump, then the fine mesh inline filter right next to the injector. Adding yet another filter between the main filter an the injector filter seems like overkill. My theory is the small filter by the injector is a safety to catch any debris that might get in the fuel hose if someone is sloppy with OEM quick-disconnect and get's dirt in it.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #2982
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
wheel spacers

guys whats the thoughts on wheel spacers, have tried the enduro engineering ones but they're showing signs of scoring in less than 300 miles, anything better out there or suggestions on minimising wear ?
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #2983
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkowal View Post
.................Unless you are used to open class sportbikes or GP bikes, it should feel very fast................. the world rushes by very quickly .................

I have to agree with this, and I've gone from a 990 to a FE450.

In any human interaction where money is moving from you to another; NEVER trust ANYTHING you are told.
Blakduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #2984
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
cyborg

I are you still happy with your BD Squadron light. I am going to install one soon. That was a great thread you did on your installation.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #2985
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,231
Thanks to the guys that replied to my question. Confirmed what I was thinking about the 390. Now just to find out if I can plate it in Illinois. I talked to the dealer on the phone and he said that he has customers that have plated them but was not much help. He even did some CYA and said "I just want to make it clear, I am not saying that you can get a plate for it".

Anyone here, that lives in Illinois have a Burg that is plated? Or did you have problems in your state with a plate?

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote