Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #3076
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,261
A bulletproof lightweight high performance ADV bike that's under 300 pounds when fully loaded with camping gear and fuel with a solid range of 200 DS miles = priceless. ?????/

What bike is that?.......

I wish....

With the front Safari...you have added 20lbs in fuel and Tank........and with my front safari tank...I have been bone dry at 150 miles....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #3077
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,061
You ride harder than me.

What's are our bikes weight? says 256 pounds in service manual, has anyone ever confirmed that?

25 pounds of fuel/tank, 20 pounds of camping gear/tools for me, 5 pounds of HDB guards, GPS, etc.
Shaved 7 pounds off with a Shorai.

I guess I should have said around 300 pounds.

Still a lightweight ADV bike, for me it feel like a mountain bike with a big engine.
10,000+ miles and going strong, valves still in spec from when I bought it.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #3078
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
You ride harder than me.

What's are our bikes weight? says 256 pounds in service manual, has anyone ever confirmed that?

25 pounds of fuel/tank, 20 pounds of camping gear/tools for me, 5 pounds of HDB guards, GPS, etc.
Shaved 7 pounds off with a Shorai.

I guess I should have said around 300 pounds.

Still a lightweight ADV bike, for me it feel like a mountain bike with a big engine.
10,000+ miles and going strong, valves still in spec from when I bought it.
bwahahahaha,,,I probably ride dumber than you...

The 570 is 271lbs naked with the stock 2.25 gallons on board...add the extra of the Safari and you are into the 290's...

Unless your Berg had 2 batteries you saved just under 3lbs with the Shorai...(stock battery 4.5ish pounds)...
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #3079
TLtrials
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
fuel mileage

You both may be correct on the fuel mileage... I have seen both extremes with my two, depending on how they are run.

I have been practically on fumes at the end of a 45 mile hare scramble on my FE450 with the stock tank. I think I put right at 2 gallons back in it after the race.

Then on my 570 with the stock+sub frame tanks, I have gone 80-85 miles in dual sport duty (but still more trial than road), filled up around 2 gallons.
TLtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #3080
Lost Rider
Roadie

Absolutely, I think we're all in agreement.
I've seen 25 MPG or less in knarley single track or fast sustained highways runs going into a strong headwind and everything in between up to flat 65 MPH paved/gravel roads where I get over 50MPG on average with the ignition switch on wild.
That's with 14/45 gearing on the top end of good milage when traveling and 13/48 on the low end of MPG of "trail" riding.
I'm an Adventure Rider who for the most part is consciences of getting the most out of my fuel milage, tires and other wear items until I can get back home or into places with resources while still having fun along the way.
More often than not, when needed I can squeeze 50 MPG by controlling my wrist with constraint in most places I find myself when packed up camping and with 14/45 gearing. Like I said, I hate hiking in Sidi boots.
When I plan on riding tight stuff unloaded I gear it accordingly and with the Safari I am looking forward to having at least a 100 mile range no matter how hard the trail, but that's not my specialty or preferred type of riding by any means. If I'm going to beat on the bike, I want a different time zone, or landscape in one day.
That's the beautiful thing about the Husaberg FE, it does a wide range of type of riding very well for various riders depending on the setup and needs of the individual, my overall point is the Safari front tank rocks!

Looking forward to someday getting a 70 tank if they ever get their shit together. The I'll have about a 310 pound loaded ADV bike with a 250 mile range and will find places to utilize it.

LostRider.com
Old 11-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #3081
Sproat Sport
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
LEDs not working

High-beam, Low-fuel and signal LEDs no longer working...can't see why. (FI LED seems to work though...flashes once at startup). Took off the mask and poked around in there...connections seem good....all looks good to my dim, uncomprehending eyes. Fuses (under seat) are all fine. I'm a little handicapped in the electrical dept., so I may just leave it as is....but the biggest thing I've missed so far is the low-fuel indicator...that's an important one for when I'm out in the bush.
Sproat Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #3082
Lost Rider
Roadie

Did you check the lamps in the signals? Every once in a while mine stop working and I just need to push the lamp back into its socket, inside the indicators.

LostRider.com
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #3083
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,144
Anybody have issues with their turn signal switch? Mine has always been funky, and now it doesnt want to switch off the signal at all.. really dont like the push to cancel thing.. I am going to tear it apart and see what I can see, but I am considering just replacing it with a Sicass Racing component and do away with the wanky set up.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #3084
Sproat Sport
Adventurer

the signals themselves work....just not the green signal indicator (to tell you that your signals are turned on)...along with the high-beam and Low fuel indicators. Just the dash indicators that aren't working.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #3085
WetSideRider
Recidivist Dirtbag

Oddometer: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproat Sport View Post
the signals themselves work....just not the green signal indicator (to tell you that your signals are turned on)...along with the high-beam and Low fuel indicators. Just the dash indicators that aren't working.
I'd guess a grounding issue. If you have the repair manual, take a look to see if these lights share a common ground. I have the Cyborg special wiring job, and I have the turn signals grounded behind the light mask. I'm not sure where the ground is for the high beam indicator. I've had a problem with my ground on the turn signals, so I know it's possible.
WetSideRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #3086
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
I guess I should have been more specific of used better terminology, like usual. (:
I am talking about the signal/FI/high beam/fuel dash lights. At least on mine they are not LED and there's a tiny lamp in there that can come loose.

Good luck!

Greetings from the trail on lunch break!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostRider.com
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #3087
Sproat Sport
Adventurer

If there's anyone using the wrong terminology, it's me. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #3088
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,514
Quote:
The Dash Indicator Lights have individual bulbs (tiny) that push/slide into the indicator housing from beneath. My blinker indicator bulb has broke or burned-out twice. Either they are poor quality bulbs or maybe I ride too hard....donno. Got tired of replacing it, so I just go without a dash indicator for turn signals.

The other bulbs (hi-beam, low-fuel) have never pooped out....they are still just fine.

KTM & Berg dealers usually have these little bulbs in stock.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:44 PM   #3089
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,887
HF, the blinker indicator is a filament bulb IIRC and some of the others are LED and will likely never burn out. Easy to check, just pull them out the bottom and look.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #3090
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
warning lights

I think it depends on the model year, on my 09 they are all bulbs not leds
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote