ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #3151
SAM450
2012 Husaberg FE450
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: South Australia
Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Get the 2011. Better suspension and improved frame and stability over the '09. My .02
I have a 2011 FE390.
Definitely go the 2011.

SAM450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #3152
Krono
Speed Junkie
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Heidiland
Oddometer: 193
Thank you to you both !

That's seems wise advice, so i'll contact the 2011 seller to give an eye on it (and try to drop the price)


L
__________________
SM510R

Krono screwed with this post 12-30-2012 at 11:24 PM
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #3153
Rossb
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Oddometer: 15
Cush Hubs

Looking for a cush hub. The RAD site is not clear if there is one available for our bikes. FE 570.
Any info will be appreciated
Thanks
Rossb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #3154
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RememberTheFallen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossb View Post
Looking for a cush hub. The RAD site is not clear if there is one available for our bikes. FE 570.
Any info will be appreciated
Thanks
Same hub as the newer KTM 450/525/530's. Just get one for one of them. Also a LC4 wheels from 640 fits with a spacer. It has a Cush hub already in it. That is the route I am going. Stocks wheel with d606 tire and 48 tooth sprocket and lc4 wheel with a k60 and 45 tooth sprocket. That way I have a street legal dirt focused wheel and tire and then a true dual sport wheel set up. If you can find a used lc4 wheel then you can probably buy it, a tire, and a new sprocket for the cost of that rad hub!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #3155
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 4,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossb View Post
Looking for a cush hub. The RAD site is not clear if there is one available for our bikes. FE 570.
Any info will be appreciated
Thanks

As RTF says, they are the same as KTM hubs. Woody's Wheel Works just installed a RAD cush hub with heavy duty SS superlaced spokes on to my OEM blue rim for my FE390. I went with the 'silver/natural' RAD hub because it is a milled hub compared to the cast KTM hub, and the milled matches the front Husaberg silver milled hub and fashion queen made me do it.
I have enough blue bling on the bike so kept the hubs silver.

Shipped back to me today. I'll take pix when I get it.

Woody's charges $100 more for the RAD cush hub compared to if they lace on a cast KTM cush hub from the 640's.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #3156
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RememberTheFallen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
As RTF says, they are the same as KTM hubs. Woody's Wheel Works just installed a RAD cush hub with heavy duty SS superlaced spokes on to my OEM blue rim for my FE390. I went with the 'silver/natural' RAD hub because it is a milled hub compared to the cast KTM hub, and the milled matches the front Husaberg silver milled hub and fashion queen made me do it.
I have enough blue bling on the bike so kept the hubs silver.

Shipped back to me today. I'll take pix when I get it.

Woody's charges $100 more for the RAD cush hub compared to if they lace on a cast KTM cush hub from the 640's.
Do you mine giving the price for that? Do they give you credit for keeping your factory hub?
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #3157
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead
 
mrt10x's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Oddometer: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Do you mine giving the price for that? Do they give you credit for keeping your factory hub?
Yes please...inquiring minds would like to know :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
__________________
We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of "security." And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #3158
Cruz
Lost but laughing.
 
Cruz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northside Brisbane, Qld Australia
Oddometer: 5,709
I had Woody's build me one using the silver Rad hub and super lacing onto a silver Excel rim last year for my 390. Cost including freight to Oz was $890aud.

Excellent work by Woody's.
__________________
"I reckon it would be good getting a heap of XR's in the one spot and watching a heap of blokes kicking fuck out of there bikes and swearing."

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #3159
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 4,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Do you mine giving the price for that? Do they give you credit for keeping your factory hub?
Sure, per Zach at Woody's

Build breakdown:

Rear Rad cuh hub with sprocket carrier $549
Stainless steel spokes/nipples $135
Superlace/true $111

-$50 for the OEM hub if still good.

If adding a new Excel rim, you would have to get a quote from Woody's. I kept my blue DirtStar rim because it's been a very good rim for even brutal rocks and Woody's doesn't have a standard blue offering. Gotta keep my blue bling!
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #3160
Rossb
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Same hub as the newer KTM 450/525/530's. Just get one for one of them. Also a LC4 wheels from 640 fits with a spacer. It has a Cush hub already in it. That is the route I am going. Stocks wheel with d606 tire and 48 tooth sprocket and lc4 wheel with a k60 and 45 tooth sprocket. That way I have a street legal dirt focused wheel and tire and then a true dual sport wheel set up. If you can find a used lc4 wheel then you can probably buy it, a tire, and a new sprocket for the cost of that rad hub!
thanks for the reply
Rossb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #3161
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait
 
UngaWunga's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Oddometer: 6,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
These are the connectors Husaberg uses for the turn signal connectors:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...991-ND/1634732
http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...2R-JWPF-VSLE-S

Still looking for the connector used for the radiator fan kit so I can piggy back into that for the heated grips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyRider View Post
The fan connector is generally folded back and sitting right underneath the frame, a few inches behind the radiators. I had to take the tank off to find it.
This is what I was looking for.
http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...291-ND/2405847

They're all Molex connectors.
UngaWunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #3162
HighFive
Never Tap-Out
 
HighFive's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Okiehoma
Oddometer: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Sure, per Zach at Woody's

Build breakdown:

Rear Rad cuh hub with sprocket carrier $549
Stainless steel spokes/nipples $135
Superlace/true $111

-$50 for the OEM hub if still good.

If adding a new Excel rim, you would have to get a quote from Woody's. I kept my blue DirtStar rim because it's been a very good rim for even brutal rocks and Woody's doesn't have a standard blue offering. Gotta keep my blue bling!
Hurry up with the photo.....already! You should have paid for Overnight shipping. It would have been the least expensive part of the project. Geeez....

HF
__________________
'13 Husky TR650 Terra, '11 Husaberg FE390, '10 BMW F800GS, '12 BMW R1200GS
Terra-izing the CDR Bergs Over the Rainbow Texas or Bust!
Rocky Mountain HighFive The Other Side of Nowhere
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #3163
Lost Rider
Roadie
 
Lost Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, California Republic
Oddometer: 3,109
A little help from the experts in here is needed.... I've been getting some coolant leakage out of this hole.... what does that mean and how can I stop it?

Thanks!

-Finn


__________________
Photography for me is not about recreating what I saw through
the viewfinder but to show people the way I want to see the world.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #3164
dirtyoffroad
Studly Adventurer
 
dirtyoffroad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: merrimack,N.H.
Oddometer: 522
might indicate a good time to replace waterpump?
__________________
09 Husaberg FE 570
07 Honda XR 650R
11 BMW R1200GSA
dirtyoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #3165
Lost Rider
Roadie
 
Lost Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, California Republic
Oddometer: 3,109
It's been leaking out what looks like a weep hole in the part that bolts to the engine where the hose is attached for a little while now, many miles on with it and I've just been adding a little coolant as needed.... if my water pump was bad I would think I would have had more problems by now, but I'm not sure.
I've been slacking on looking into this.... but getting the bike ready for another long haul and would like to chase this down before I go.
__________________
Photography for me is not about recreating what I saw through
the viewfinder but to show people the way I want to see the world.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014