Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #3376
Navin
Unwounding

Oddometer: 6,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberg View Post
UPDATE
And I quote "It is repairable it will be expensive if your not fixing it yourself. Top end blew. 2 of 4 valves are bad head blew. Piston is still good as is tranny"

So I will dig deeper ask him if he opened it or someone else did. Time to call the parts counter.
I bet the intake rocker locked up on the shaft. This has been an issue on a few bikes.
Tell him you will give him 1500 and bet you can fix the top end for 1000 or less.
New rockers, shafts, valves, and machine work[/QUOTE]

I hadn't even considered those, there have been a few. Good call.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #3377
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,094
My rocker arm that seized was caused by case sealant and fuzz from a shop rag blocking the oil gallery it turns out, after they had the engine split for counter shaft replacement.
It let enough oil through so when watching it turning the engine over on a stand it flowed, but didn't provide enough lube when at high rpm's.

Happened twice before they found the cause, waiting still to get my bike back.

Did see some Bergs' out in DV last week though, rode with Scorpion too while I was rocking on the 250L.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #3378
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
My rocker arm that seized was caused by case sealant and fuzz from a shop rag blocking the oil gallery it turns out, after they had the engine split for counter shaft replacement.
It let enough oil through so when watching it turning the engine over on a stand it flowed, but didn't provide enough lube when at high rpm's.

Happened twice before they found the cause, waiting still to get my bike back.
I take it [hopefully] they they're picking up the tab on that one?

I think it's time I did the valves on mine... almost at 100hrs (as near as dammit). I just printed out the handy-dandy guide from husaberg.org.

On the plus side - after replacing the injector last week and the new c/s seal and the Rekluse adjustable slave cylinder - the bike ran like a charm on Sunday, with no hint of a leak. Even in fact kept on running when submerged almost up to the airbox. Not only that - when I stopped the engine, it restarted first time. Any other bike would have been sucking water
Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #3379
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
I take it [hopefully] they they're picking up the tab on that one?

I think it's time I did the valves on mine... almost at 100hrs (as near as dammit). I just printed out the handy-dandy guide from husaberg.org.

On the plus side - after replacing the injector last week and the new c/s seal and the Rekluse adjustable slave cylinder - the bike ran like a charm on Sunday, with no hint of a leak. Even in fact kept on running when submerged almost up to the airbox. Not only that - when I stopped the engine, it restarted first time. Any other bike would have been sucking water
yes they are taking care of it, along with some other stuff to help offset the costs of me driving 300 miles round trip 3 times because of the issue on top of being stranded road side twice. Shit happens, and I'm still glad I had the dealer I choose to do the work, I can only imagine how this could have turned into something ugly with a dealer who didn't stand behind their work or reputation and do whatever it takes to make things right.

My valves at 12,000 miles are still in spec from the first adjustment, wouldn't surprise me if yours are too. Good to check though for piece of mind.
I did need to replace my cam chain tensioner though as the OEM one had worn out and I had the typical KTM rattle sound. I installed a Dirt Tricks one and the rattling is gone.

Got some fresh rubber with a new Motoz Tractionator Enduro I/T mounted and can't wait to get back on The Mighty Husaberg.

LostRider.com
Old 01-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #3380
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
Just saw this pic on the Giant Loop fan page on Facebook.

Jimmy Lewis's bike training for KOH. Pretty cool. Anyone know more???
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #3381
Navin
Unwounding

Oddometer: 6,673
I'm getting my 2011 570 back tomorrow. Fuel pump #4, it was still spinning but low pressure, a new cam cause the A/D failed. 1500 miles of total horse shit reliability.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #3382
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Santa finaly came...

Well, it's been a long wait. Some gave up. But I held on... and look what Santa (for some reason, wearing brown and driving a UPS truck) left me:

(the first pic was taken with a flash - the new version is definitely a lot lighter in color than the old one).
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #3383
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Well, it's been a long wait. Some gave up. But I held on... and look what Santa (for some reason, wearing brown and driving a UPS truck) left me:

(the first pic was taken with a flash - the new version is definitely a lot lighter in color than the old one).

Holy shit, Elvis is alive!

Congrats, I guess some patience has paid off for you.

LostRider.com
Old 01-31-2013, 04:17 AM   #3384
PowerT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by pRICK View Post
Don doesn't make these any more, but he is one of the most helpful people I have dealt with.
Rick
Any reason why he is not making these anymore and what is the possibility of someone else producing these?

In spite of illness, In spite even of the archenemy sorrow, One can remain alive long past usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things and happy in small ways. - Edith Wharton

Need a smugmug coupon? Well here you go z0g48s072w1kE
PowerT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:26 AM   #3385
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Thanks for the response, I went out and 'found' the main fuse, pulled it with no effect, bike still starts. Now I see here I probably pulled a spare fuse

So then I decided to read the manual, it says to disconnect the battery before connecting a battery tender. So I did that. Now I need to go back and find the real main fuse. Probably easier to pull that that disconnect the battery.

Much easier......just disconnect the electrical connector to the fuel pump! It's right under front of seat at bottom of air filter. No tools required. Slip off, snap back on. When the Tender is turned on, I get one click and flash of lights then nothing else. The fuel pump cannot run or hum this way. Piece of cake.....works great.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #3386
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,176
Just for fun I decided to have the rear wheel (on FE450, 2012) balanced when I got a new knobby put on.

130 grams later.........

and that is AFTER replacing the standard rim lock with a 25gram lighter one.

(The front needed 90 grams)

Those DID rims might look nice, but they were cast in Mordor by goblins.

Blakduk screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 02:29 PM
Blakduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #3387
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
Just for fun I decided to have the rear wheel (on FE450, 2012) balanced when I got a new knobby put on.

130 grams later.........

and that is AFTER replacing the standard rim lock with a 25gram lighter one.

(The front needed 90 grams)

Those DID rims might look nice, but they were cast in Moria by goblins.
That's a lot of weight. Did the installer try rotating the tire 180 and seeing if that changed anything?
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #3388
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerT View Post
Any reason why he is not making these anymore and what is the possibility of someone else producing these?

How about him just selling the CAD CNC file so we can get them made here if he doesn't want to make them?....

I have a great machinist and with that file could get a quote for a group buy...

LostRider.com
Old 01-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #3389
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
That's a lot of weight. Did the installer try rotating the tire 180 and seeing if that changed anything?
He spent a lot of time on it, moved the tyre etc. Even considered drilling and mounting the rimlock on the opposite side to the valve stem. The weight wasn't with the rubber, it was the rim. Same as the front.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #3390
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Much easier......just disconnect the electrical connector to the fuel pump! It's right under front of seat at bottom of air filter. No tools required. Slip off, snap back on. When the Tender is turned on, I get one click and flash of lights then nothing else. The fuel pump cannot run or hum this way. Piece of cake.....works great.
HF
Interesting. Since I've never had my 390 on a battery tender, even at 20F, I've never experienced the fuel pump running on tender issue. The Shorai I have in the 390 holds it's charge even many weeks or months later. Starts right up. That's the nice thing about Lithium batts, they hold their charge for a year easily, with no trickle charger needed.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote