Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #3541
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGS View Post
Thanks Mark. I called and left a msg. Will probably have my bike builder (Les) give you a call.

See you down in Mexicali...

talked to Les!!
I am taking my Berg over to have the Low head pipe fitted.
I may have to have him send the rear can to me to finish it off.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #3542
hillwalker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Map Help

My bike is at the shop today to get remapped (FE390). Apparently, it had the euro map on it and they are putting on the 390 competition map. Anyone know what the differences are? Is the 390 competition map the recommended map over the euro map?
hillwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #3543
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillwalker View Post
My bike is at the shop today to get remapped (FE390). Apparently, it had the euro map on it and they are putting on the 390 competition map. Anyone know what the differences are? Is the 390 competition map the recommended map over the euro map?

one is written in English units the other in Metric.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Husaberg tank for sale: HERE
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #3544
hillwalker
Adventurer

Thanks. I just hope the 390 competition map is not the stock map. I wasn't sure if the euro map or the 390 comp map was preferred. I asked him about the fx450 comp map based on comments in this thread and he said he selected the 390 comp map. That's not the stock map, right?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #3545
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 3,677
Quote:
Thanks. I just hope the 390 competition map is not the stock map. I wasn't sure if the euro map or the 390 comp map was preferred. I asked him about the fx450 comp map based on comments in this thread and he said he selected the 390 comp map. That's not the stock map, right?
In all seriousness I don't know the difference....but there was the stock super lean map designed to work with all the restrictive factory devices...the same devices that fall off 10 feet from the dealer. The euro map might be the stock map for europe which is likely a little less choked than the stock US map. I think the competition map is on my 450 and the bike runs great.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Husaberg tank for sale: HERE
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #3546
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,321
The stock Euro map will be shit as well, we have to comply with even stricter emissions than you guys. All Bergs except the FX are street legal and come restricted to about 10 horses from the factory here (my 570 officially has 11).

Competition map sounds right, but if you want to make sure then find out the exact map numbers and compare them.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #3547
hillwalker
Adventurer

Thanks guys!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #3548
hillwalker
Adventurer

Hoooooly Moly! Comp map is like a new bike! Big time difference!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #3549
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,144
this showed up today.. not going to mount it until I move to CO this August..dont need the range here in RI and the thing is pretty heavy.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #3550
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
this showed up today.. not going to mount it until I move to CO this August..dont need the range here in RI and the thing is pretty heavy.

Nice! You can ship it down here to Georgia and I will hold onto it for you until you move. Don't want it getting scratched up or anything up there! :)

Did you say you got that from justgastanks.com?
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #3551
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,144
well I bought it technically from ktm-parts.com but they just drop shipped it to me from justgastanks and because of that they wouldnt give the normal 10% discount they normally give... so justgastanks is the better way to go.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #3552
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post

Keep us posted on how your install goes, please.
Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #3553
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
hi would someone who has the ktm exc 2008 style headlight unit please let me know how tall the light/mask is from the fender to the top of the mask please, i'm thinking that its taller than the older berg style unit but i'd like to check

many thanks

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #3554
hillwalker
Adventurer

Wings

Last weekend, I tore down the bike. Removed the header/midpipe for coating. Black ceramic on the outside and high temp coating on the inside. Should get it back this week.

Anyone tried a Wings exhaust? I was going to get the Akra but the Wings winter pricing is pretty good.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #3555
SmileyRider
With lots of Teeth

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Last weekend, I tore down the bike. Removed the header/midpipe for coating. Black ceramic on the outside and high temp coating on the inside. Should get it back this week.

Anyone tried a Wings exhaust? I was going to get the Akra but the Wings winter pricing is pretty good.

I have never heard of the company before. I cant seem to find pricing anywhere. What are they charging? Is it just a slip on?

If you do pull the trigger please share your thoughts
SmileyRider is offline   Reply With Quote