Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #3586
getset
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
How much below? While I personally love my 570, if I were to do it all again I would by a new KTM 500. The amount of support for the bike, the fact that it is a new model that will have several years of production in the future, the fact that the 70 degree is now dead, the lack of reasonably cost extra fuel capacity, the small Husa dealer network. You live in MT.. I have spent a lot of time in MT fishing,,never riding, but I have to assume the opportunity to ride long distance is there?? A 4 gallon Safari tank for a KTM 500 is $300 cheaper than one for a 570, plus it is all one unit,,no piggie back. You will see big name companies like Wolfman and Kriega design gear specifically for the 500 because there will be 10x the ammount of them on the road than the 570. Listen I love my FE570, totally cool bike, but give me a chance to do it all over again.. I would buy a KTM 500 in a heartbeat. Flame away

edit: I guess if you can still use the SM setup then maybe I would go with the 570.. Bipolar checking out
Below enough that even if I ordered a new front end from the factory at cost (offered by dealer). I would still be under the cost of a new 500. I also like the 570 better and after riding Beta's upon his return through South and Central America I was hooked. The bike just sings to me. It is just finding one that can prove difficult which is why I am debating the FS. Currently chasing a lead on one in Idaho so I might not have to bother with the alterations etc. Thanks for the input fellas. If anyone is lusting after a 500 and want to make me a good deal on their 570.......
getset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #3587
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by getset View Post
Below enough that even if I ordered a new front end from the factory at cost (offered by dealer). I would still be under the cost of a new 500. I also like the 570 better and after riding Beta's upon his return through South and Central America I was hooked. The bike just sings to me. It is just finding one that can prove difficult which is why I am debating the FS. Currently chasing a lead on one in Idaho so I might not have to bother with the alterations etc. Thanks for the input fellas. If anyone is lusting after a 500 and want to make me a good deal on their 570.......
Hey I'm with ya.. I bought my FE based largely upon Barton and Crew's experiences and I am glad I have it,, I am just frustrated with the fuel thing right now.

Besides in MT wouldnt you be better off with this http://motorcycles.yakaz.com/bmw-g65...07hudnlq8003vu

mrt10x screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 06:07 PM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #3588
ropedrag
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by getset View Post
Getset, check your messages, I may have what your after

ropedrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #3589
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I have a Z-Start pro for my 2011 FE570.. yes you can keep the standard clutch lever,, but it doesnt do much once you install the Rekluse. I could never get the Rekluse set so it didnt drag constantly .. the bike always wanted to creep forward a bit.. even with the clutch in. It is a common problem with Rekluse and Husaberg,, and KTM from what my dealer told me. I took the Rekluse out, but have been toying with putting it back in to try a different engagement setting. IMHO it is worth the money to get the Core EXP to retain your original clutch feel ... or just get the EXP .. no reason to spend the extra money for a Z-start.
Chilipepper and mrt10x, get the Rekluse EXP or even better Core EXP!

I've had several zStart Pro's and the Core EXP is much better and the clutch action is just like stock, unlike the mushy zStart clutch action. No creeping either with the EXP.

http://www.rekluse.com/exp.shtml

Rekluse now offers an external adjustable clutch slave for the auto-clutch and the auto-clutch can be adjusted and even disabled externally with just an Allen wrench, in case you need to try and push start it.

http://www.slavensracing.com/shop/ad...ktm-by-rekluse

I REALLY like my Core EXP on my 390 and it has so far been bulletproof. Rode the brutal Rainbow Trail in Colorado with it and it helped a lot to ease the workload..
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #3590
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Fair enough, if you don't need a smooth bike for long DS rides like cyborg said it would be another option, for me the biggest problem with buying a 500 is it's Orange!
Lost, you can buy a Blue 500, it's called a 2013 "Husaberg" FE501, well, OK, it's really just a Blue KTM.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #3591
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 824
If you can find one! The import numbers of the 501 are a quarter of the 570's as well all know the market was killed by the left over 70 degree bikes for a long time.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:21 AM   #3592
genghis9021
Arak Connoisseur

Oddometer: 237
EXC500 vs FE570

Well, this is the kind of dilemma people dream about, right ? NO bad choices.

The FE offers less vibration, a bit more weight, a VERY high air intake (for the Siberian adventurer . . . like me), a PIA fuel capacity issue, CLEAR bulletproof valve train and . . . didn't Neduro turn his 500 back in and return to the previous 530 ?

You can't go wrong. Just depends on requirements.

I'm selling my 530 and bought a 570.

And I LOVE the 530.

Orange, it's the new black Tour.

genghis9021 screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 05:25 PM
genghis9021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #3593
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 3,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by genghis9021 View Post
Well, this is the kind of dilemma people dream about, right ? NO bad choices.

The FE offers less vibration, a bit more weight, a VERY high air intake (for the Siberian adventurer . . . like me), a PIA fuel capacity issue, CLEAR bulletproof valve train and . . . didn't Neduro turn his 500 back in and return to the previous 530 ?

You can't go wrong. Just depends on requirements.

I selling my 530 and bought a 570.

And I LOVE the 530.

I very much love my 09 FE450. The long range fuel tank options are expensive and a little problematic to install properly. If the 70 degree guys can start supplying the subframe tanks again the bike will be well setup for normal dual sport riding with plenty of range. You only need the full safari setup for long range off road events/touring/rally which most people do not use the bike for.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #3594
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,169
I think my previous post was based largely on my frustration with the fuel issue. As I get ready to move out to CO I have purchased the Safari front tank, but I still may need to carry another gallon on occasion.

I have ridden a 500 and I didnt notice any increased vibration, but I was riding fairly slow on trails, not on the highway.

I know my buddy who has one constantly has issues with hot restarts... so much so I think he may get rid of it.

I do love the rock solid valve train, and the proven ability to 20k miles and 2500 betwee oil changes.

Bottom line, if someone offered me a straight up trade for a 500 today... I wouldnt take it... like I said schizophrenic

mrt10x screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 04:05 PM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #3595
jrozar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
GalacticGS Mexican 1000 Rally Bike Build!

She is starting to go back together....

jrozar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #3596
Chilipepper
Baja wannabe

Oddometer: 817
Does anyone know the torque for the counter sprocket bolt? Cant seem to find it in my manuals. Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #3597
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,625
Engine sprocket is 60 Nm with Loctite 243.

Page 84 and page 43.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #3598
Chilipepper
Baja wannabe

Oddometer: 817
I see it now. Many thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #3599
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Checking out the hidden compartment today for tool stash and found this little guy.

Guessing this shouldn't be on a "dealer desmogged" bike?

To save the trouble of searching what does this thing do? How do you get rid of it? And does it hinder performance?

Thanks guys!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #3600
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Checking out the hidden compartment today for tool stash and found this little guy.

Guessing this shouldn't be on a "dealer desmogged" bike?

To save the trouble of searching what does this thing do? How do you get rid of it? And does it hinder performance?

Thanks guys!
Looks like the business end of it has had the hoses removed. When the dealer desmogged my KTM, they ended up leaving a similar looking solenoid valve-looking thing electrically connected, but with hoses removed. They said some of the bikes seemed not to like not having it plugged in, and for the modest weight penalty they just left it on. I haven't bothered to remove it.

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote