Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #3811
dirtyoffroad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
if it was flared out you wouldnt have been able to slide the sprocket off.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #3812
dave186
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
I joined the club.

Picked up this 09 570 for a pretty sweet deal. Looking forward to getting this thing setup how I like it, seems like a great chassis and engine.
dave186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 AM   #3813
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
After 4.5 year on my thursty 690 enduro I am looking into something else. I am a fan of torque and do not like the high revving light weights of today (350/390/450). I think the 570 will suite me.

Is there somebody who can compare the 690 with the 570?

What is the average fuel consumption during a rally, in other words what extra fuel tank do I need for lets say 150-200km reach. And is it true that this bike is pretty light on front so it is better to mount a front tank?

Thanks in advance.
Niek

Old 05-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #3814
Jonathan75
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Cush Hub

I have been reading a ton on the cush hub for the rear wheel on a 570. I guess i need to get one but there is so much information on this. Is there such thing as one that is already set up ready to put on I can order from somewhere. What is the easiest way to get one on the bike? I must be missing something sounds like you have to scrounge around for parts and build one. Sorry for asking about info on this topic when there is so much information out there but it is overwhelming. If anyone can simplify this i would really really appriciate it.
Jonathan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #3815
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan75 View Post
I have been reading a ton on the cush hub for the rear wheel on a 570. I guess i need to get one but there is so much information on this. Is there such thing as one that is already set up ready to put on I can order from somewhere. What is the easiest way to get one on the bike? I must be missing something sounds like you have to scrounge around for parts and build one. Sorry for asking about info on this topic when there is so much information out there but it is overwhelming. If anyone can simplify this i would really really appriciate it.
Not really it's actually very easy... All you need to do is call Woody's wheel works!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #3816
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan75 View Post
So.. RAD makes a cush hub and has a Husaberg specific page:
http://www.radmfg.com/category-s/10371.htm

I think the best way to go would be to call Woody's and just tell them what you want.. have the build you up a bomb proof set with high end rim and heavy duty spokes. Edit: 205'd as I was typing.. see above post. ^^^
http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/home.htm#

I know Lukas liks the Haan hub better,, I think he posted a comparison somewhere.. but they are spendy..
http://www.knobby.eu/en/art/wheels-r...cush-drive.php

Or you could scrounge a KTM rear wheel of a 640 adventure or other KTM bike that came with a cush hub from the factory.. that is what I did.. it is laced to an Excel rim with heavy duty spokes,,done by Woody.. but I bought it complete from someone.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #3817
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by GezwindeSpoed View Post
After 4.5 year on my thursty 690 enduro I am looking into something else. I am a fan of torque and do not like the high revving light weights of today (350/390/450). I think the 570 will suite me.

Is there somebody who can compare the 690 with the 570?

What is the average fuel consumption during a rally, in other words what extra fuel tank do I need for lets say 150-200km reach. And is it true that this bike is pretty light on front so it is better to mount a front tank?
i've owned both, posted my thoughts on the second page of this thread:
ktm 690 Enduro or Husaberg FE570?

thirsty? a mate's 2012 690 was getting incredible fuel economy but ran like a dog down low. once he got the pipe and a remap it was definitely using more fuel but still gets an average of 20km/L on adventure rides, the same as my FE570 and he's definitely heavier on the throttle.

the 70 degree bergs do have rear weight bias so personally i'd be trying to get extra fuel up front. i'm usually sitting as far forward as i can to minimize front wheel wash outs.

best economy on an easy adv ride was 205km with the stock tank but tilting the bike to get that last bit of fuel to make the next service station. faster adv ride with some single track thrown in, more typical to see the fuel light come on at 160km and run out at about 190km.

not sure what you'd get with your rally riding though... there's a whole thread dedicated to the topic of fe570 fuel economy here.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #3818
Dahlin
Need more time...

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlin View Post
Put fresh gas in it in February, no additives.
Shake down run 8-10 km, should have been longer but had no time.
No battery problems, I have a C-tek charger that I move between my three bikes

Me previous Husaberg (570 FE 2009) had no problem and it got the same treatment.
Bike runs good again.
Changed fuel and the little fuel filter by the throttle body, removed the fuel injector and cleaned it by blowing compressed air through it "backwards"

Cheap and easy fix, thanks Husaberg.
2012 Husaberg FE390
Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #3819
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Thanks B1, this is good info!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #3820
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,218
Talking 70 degree mojo restored.

I'd lost interest in my FE390 in recent months, hadn't ridden it since last September, spent the winter riding my 690 instead.

Got the 390 back on the road last week, took it for a 150 trailride on Friday and a practice day at a local MX track yesterday. Really appreciated the lack of weight compared to the 690 and the way that it soaked up everything that the MX had to offer. The only adjustments made for the track was to increase rear preload slightly. Viewing the pics that were taken, a lot more preload would have been better but as I only visit the MX track once every couple of years it's not a problem.

I've got a 20 minute video taken from my helmet cam that I'll post up on YouTube once I've worked out how to use Movie Maker Live - see below

More pics here: http://possu.smugmug.com/Motorcycles...5798&k=fmcXbVL

Possu screwed with this post 05-07-2013 at 03:21 PM
Possu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #3821
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,228
Quick question:
When I first get on my bike at the beginning of the day for a ride, the front brake lever pulls all the way into the bars. After riding for a hour to so, I find it is back to engaging where it should be (about 1/3 the way in is where I have it).
At all times, the braking effect and the feel of the braking is still excellent (no sponginess etc).

I've checked the little screw adjuster on the lever - it is working properly and engaging cleanly.

I suppose I just change the brake fluid, bleed it and see if it is fixed - but all I speak to say that these symptoms are a bit odd.

In any human interaction where money is moving from you to another; NEVER trust ANYTHING you are told.
Blakduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #3822
FamilyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
Quick question:
When I first get on my bike at the beginning of the day for a ride, the front brake lever pulls all the way into the bars. After riding for a hour to so, I find it is back to engaging where it should be (about 1/3 the way in is where I have it).
At all times, the braking effect and the feel of the braking is still excellent (no sponginess etc).

I've checked the little screw adjuster on the lever - it is working properly and engaging cleanly.

I suppose I just change the brake fluid, bleed it and see if it is fixed - but all I speak to say that these symptoms are a bit odd.
I don't know why, but it does that some times. I did a fair amount of Internet research when mine did that. I was loading the bike in the trailer for a multi-day trip to southern Utah and found I had no front brake!

The fix is pretty easy. Just pull your brake lever in all the way and tie it in that position for an hour (or longer if you have time). I tied mine off while hauling the bike in the trailer. When I got to the trailhead, it was as good as new.

I also read that if you store your bike with the handlebar turned to the left, which puts the brake lever at the highest point, it is less likely to occur. I haven't had a repeat occurrence since I started doing that.

I still don't understand it, but at least it appears to not be a serious problem.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #3823
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
70 degree tank available..

Just saw someone selling a 70 degree racing underseat tank over on Husaberg.org

It looks like one of the first-gen versions.

I have no affiliation (either with the site or the seller).
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #3824
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Just saw someone selling a 70 degree racing underseat tank over on Husaberg.org

It looks like one of the first-gen versions.

I have no affiliation (either with the site or the seller).
Dang, that is pretty close to me! Have some spare money sitting here but after trying (and failing) to get some GPS software to work on my phone I think I am going to spend that money on a new Montana 600. Will probably get better use out of the GPS over the extra gallon of fuel. Still very tempting, though. Thanks for posting this!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #3825
SmileyRider
With lots of Teeth

Oddometer: 37
gps software on phone

I know this is off topic, but what issues did you run into using gps software on your phone? I would like to reduce clutter by using one device for multiple things
SmileyRider is offline   Reply With Quote