Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #3871
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Yep plated. Best source for dirt parts? Thx.
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #3872
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post

Highwaydirtbikes makes the strongest and most functional hand guards, you can get them with blinkers, mirrors and a top clamp with room for LED indicators, switches, power plug, etc.

What he said, the whole system just works, giving a bunch of solutions all in one. I know mine have taken a beating, including my recent high speed, high side crash where the bike basically landed on the HDB guard after flipping in the air, taking a chunk of tarmac out of the road while saving my bike from any damage, allowing me to ride it to the hospital.
You can only buy it online direct from HDB and you'll need the 90x38/40 size top clamp and then pick out what options you want. You can get new bars with the bar end mounts pre installed but every HDB kit comes with a tap and inserts to do yourself, it's easy to do.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com

As for a DS/SM setup, we live close by, I have DS you have SM, no reason we couldn't trade off parts now and then too... talk you next time you come by.

Oh, as for Safari tanks and Bulletproof rad guards, as discussed you can get them to mount with a little mods, but if you look at where the tank when it flexes it will still hit the radiators in a fall, the guards probably won't help since they are in front of the radiator and the tank cutout is behind them. That's just speculation, but when I looked at mine before I sold them that's what I came up with, so not wanting to cut the guards I sold them instead and put that cash into other things for the bike.

I know mine took a big hit on some single track when I almost looped it and it came down on a big rock where it bent the radiator and cracked the fan mount. the other thing I learned is when you do the fan install like in the instructions with the wire running up and over the fan, you can't get to the fuse with the Safari on the bike so I moved mine so the wire goes under the fan putting the fuse where I can get to it on the trail.

A little JB Weld and my fan is good to go, though I'm interested in finding a rad guard/brace that covers the side that is still exposed, has anyone used the Enduro Engineering Radiator Braces? Will it fit with the Safari?...
https://www.ktm-parts.com/11120.html#.UZznBJWcOoU

Another thing about the safari is the fuel petcocks are very exposed, on the same fall that bend the radiator i also broke the screw-on part of the petcock, I now carry a spare in my tool kit, you can get them from www.justgastanks.com
Been looking at a solution to protect the petcocks, maybe some kind of L channel piece of metal that connects (weld it maybe?) to the OEM Safari under tank cross brace to help protect them and that lower corner of the tank where it takes hits. Would hate to drop the bike on just the right rock and rip the petcock out of the tank making the tank worthless...
Any other ideas besides not falling?

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #3873
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Finn,

From what I have read the enduro engineering guards do not fit with the fan or tank. Just bought the BPD guards because of that.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #3874
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,384
Got my rad fixed locally, Chester @ Reno KTM did a cracking job

I'm amazed that this could even be done.

before:

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #3875
galbo950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
Any issues - 09 570

Looking at buying an 09 570 with about 7000km on it, any issues I should know about or anything I should be looking at on the bike?
galbo950 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #3876
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Finn,

From what I have read the enduro engineering guards do not fit with the fan or tank. Just bought the BPD guards because of that.
THere's two models of the EE type guards. One that fits with the fan, one that doesn't. I have the fan model, and it works fine.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #3877
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
THere's two models of the EE type guards. One that fits with the fan, one that doesn't. I have the fan model, and it works fine.
sorry, was not aware of that.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #3878
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Also for anyone interested my bike is listed in the flea market.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=889506

Accidentally posted that in the Husaberg Adventure thread. Sorry Finn!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #3879
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Finn,

I've just fitted the EE rad guards to my 390, there are two versions available, one set is slightly different to accommodate the fan. The only issues I had fitting them was that my r/h fan is slightly out of shape, so a bit of tweaking was required. I don't have the Safari tank so can't comment on fitment.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #3880
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
PMB spark arrestor/ultra silent inserts

HI all, has anyone tried the pro moto billet spark arrestor and ultrasilent insert on their berg ? i dont need the spark arrestor but making the bike quieter is always a good thing in my book and for riding the trails in the uk

cheers

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #3881
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,917
Pro moto is making a Husaberg sidestand as we speak
should be out in about 1 month
Old 05-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #3882
hillwalker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Front Fender

Anyone tried the white KTM fender as a replacement for the blue Husaberg fender? $30 price difference and wondering if it fits.
hillwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #3883
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillwalker View Post
Anyone tried the white KTM fender as a replacement for the blue Husaberg fender? $30 price difference and wondering if it fits.
That is what I run!!!
I also like the SM front fender
Old 05-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #3884
(sp?)
flaming ahole ;)

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
HI all, has anyone tried the pro moto billet spark arrestor and ultrasilent insert on their berg ? i dont need the spark arrestor but making the bike quieter is always a good thing in my book and for riding the trails in the uk

cheers
works fine, though the heat made the black anodize turn grey. I went with the quieter version myself.
'05 BMW R1200GS
(sp?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #3885
(sp?)
flaming ahole ;)

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
Pro moto is making a Husaberg sidestand as we speak
should be out in about 1 month
though it doesn't solve any mechanism or spring problems, I simply cut mine down an inch or two then welded a couple pieces of 1/8" plate to it. this creates a big enough foot to park most anywhere. the shorter stand provides a more stable parking angle.
'05 BMW R1200GS
(sp?) is offline   Reply With Quote