ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #3916
B1
Carbon-based bipedal
 
B1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Arse-trailer
Oddometer: 3,477
front pads too wide?!

put new brake pads on the berg. no probs with the rear but can't get the front pads far enough apart to get the disc in!



i've made sure the pistons are depressed as far as possible. they are about 1mm shy of being flush with the caliper itself so no problems there.

i've been pushing and prodding and there just doesn't seem to be any way to make them fit. these are some no name pads i ordered from ebay and i'm starting to wonder if they just put too much material on the brake pads so they are too wide?

any help much appreciated, haven't been able to ride for a week now.
__________________
free enduro training vids for gumbies here
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #3917
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: SJ,CA
Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
put new brake pads on the berg. no probs with the rear but can't get the front pads far enough apart to get the disc in!



i've made sure the pistons are depressed as far as possible. they are about 1mm shy of being flush with the caliper itself so no problems there.

i've been pushing and prodding and there just doesn't seem to be any way to make them fit. these are some no name pads i ordered from ebay and i'm starting to wonder if they just put too much material on the brake pads so they are too wide?

any help much appreciated, haven't been able to ride for a week now.
Sure looks like the pads are too thick. Looks like sand them down or return them.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #3918
B1
Carbon-based bipedal
 
B1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Arse-trailer
Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
Sure looks like the pads are too thick. Looks like sand them down or return them.
thanks rensho, that was my only conclusion too. it would take forever to sand them back though wouldn't it?
__________________
free enduro training vids for gumbies here
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #3919
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: SJ,CA
Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
thanks rensho, that was my only conclusion too. it would take forever to sand them back though wouldn't it?
If you have a belt sander, it should come off quick. Just basing off of sanding my pads flat using hand sanding, but I wasn't trying to take off that much material. Bummer. I hate when ebay purchases end up like this.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #3920
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The Delta Ghetto, GA (aka PTC)
Oddometer: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbjeff View Post
A Safari white gas tank with the Husaberg factory graphics kit trimmed down to fit on my FS570
Nice work - that is one sexy motorsiccle
__________________
"Comparison is the thief of joy" - TR (the good Roosevelt)
'08 530EXC, '08 990SD
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #3921
getset
go pop a wheelie
 
getset's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: OK,DC,not enough time in MT
Oddometer: 134
Finally got around to picking up a 570. Can't wait to get it to Montana as it currently sits in Gunnison CO. Any recommendations on a shipper? posted in U-ship, but no takers yet.

If any one want to trade seats. I think the low seat might me a little short form my 6'4" leggy frame.



It was a pleasure doing buisness with Fritz and Vicky at Gunnison Motorsports.
getset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #3922
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: SJ,CA
Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by getset View Post
Finally got around to picking up a 570. Can't wait to get it to Montana as it currently sits in Gunnison CO. Any recommendations on a shipper? posted in U-ship, but no takers yet.

If any one want to trade seats. I think the low seat might me a little short form my 6'4" leggy frame.



It was a pleasure doing buisness with Fritz and Vicky at Gunnison Motorsports.
You sure you dont want to fly out and ride that home? 2-3 day ride home should be fun!
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #3923
getset
go pop a wheelie
 
getset's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: OK,DC,not enough time in MT
Oddometer: 134
Want has little to do with it. I would love to and believe me I have been looking at that as an option, but no plate, no Kush hub, and no time have me looking at shipping options. I would love to plot a dirt track home and spend a week on the trip. But alas by buisness is swamped and I am due back in Oregon for a wedding and some riding in a month. Need bike here now
getset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #3924
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Santa Paula, CA
Oddometer: 51
Just put on any old motorcyle plate..the cops won't know the difference :) Doubt that you will need a kush hub that soon...but time always seems to be the issue. Enjoy a great bike!
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #3925
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Santa Paula, CA
Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbjeff View Post
A Safari white gas tank with the Husaberg factory graphics kit trimmed down to fit on my FS570


[IMG] IMG_2584 by main jet, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG] IMG_2582 by main jet, on Flickr[/I[IMG] IMG_2587 by main jet, on Flickr[/IMG]MG]
BTW, your bike looks great. I really like the white tank!
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #3926
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BogeyMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Sac-o'-tomatoes, CA
Oddometer: 455
Just saw this over on UHF : 2010 FE450, $5,700.

No affiliation, etc, etc.
__________________
'06 BMW R1200GS (Street),
'11 Husaberg FE570S (Dirt),
'14 Yamaha R6 (Track)
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #3927
HighFive
Never Tap-Out
 
HighFive's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Okiehoma
Oddometer: 2,773
I doubt those purdy Husaberg decals last very long on MTBjeff's Safari tank.

I had a Safari on my WR250R Yamaha, and the decals would bubble off within a couple weeks. Gas fumes seeping thru the plastic, it seemed.

Good luck with it. Beautiful graphics job anyway!

HF
__________________
'13 Husky TR650 Terra, '11 Husaberg FE390, '10 KTM 450 XCW Six Days, '12 BMW R1200GS
The Okie-Dokie BDR Terra-izing the CDR Bergs Over the Rainbow
Texas or Bust! Rocky Mountain HighFive The Other Side of Nowhere
Athena Big Bore Project

HighFive screwed with this post 06-04-2013 at 07:56 PM Reason: Spelling
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #3928
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RememberTheFallen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 403
Anyone having any luck finding the lower temp radiator fan switches? Last ride the fan only came on when the bike was hot hot! The ATM 1435033 part that everyone recommended from NAPA is no longer available according to them. Can't find it online either. Anybody found one recently?
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #3929
pinevalley
Gnarly Adventurer
 
pinevalley's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: sno ho
Oddometer: 101
rockauto.com


http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=3511



Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Anyone having any luck finding the lower temp radiator fan switches? Last ride the fan only came on when the bike was hot hot! The ATM 1435033 part that everyone recommended from NAPA is no longer available according to them. Can't find it online either. Anybody found one recently?
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #3930
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RememberTheFallen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinevalley View Post
Hey Pinevalley,

Saw your post before I posted. Couldn't figure out the link. Are all of those the same part? Didn't see a part number match the ATM number. Kinda confusing site.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015