User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #4066
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Oddometer: 267
Thanks for the link, Cyborg.
These guards look tuff. Looks like they will stop frontal impacts also.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #4067
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
I am putting those exact same guards on this weekend along with the dirt tricks fan and engine ice, even have some heat shield for underneath the gas tank
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #4068
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 945
Cry 272 pages

ok not that i am too good to go over 272 pages of wisdom on bergs but...I am thinking if switching from orange to blue. I am in the process of negotiating a deal for a 2009 570FE. It was a full FMF exhaust, ported and polished, mapped and the switch. It has just under 3000km or 1875 miles for you others. Has been trail ridden so some marks etc... but is there anything I should be looking for or listening too?
Any good advice will be greatly appreciated with the switch to the orange blue side .
thanks

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #4069
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepOnIt View Post
ok not that i am too good to go over 272 pages of wisdom on bergs but...I am thinking if switching from orange to blue. I am in the process of negotiating a deal for a 2009 570FE. It was a full FMF exhaust, ported and polished, mapped and the switch. It has just under 3000km or 1875 miles for you others. Has been trail ridden so some marks etc... but is there anything I should be looking for or listening too?
Any good advice will be greatly appreciated with the switch to the orange blue side .
thanks
It's a basic ktm with some nice changes. Maybe change the oil and look carefully in the screens for material? The owner shouldn't mind, and maybe gets a free oil change if you don't buy. Make sure rads are straight, and rear swinger is free of play. That is pretty low miles for one of these.
I think some said the 09s don't have a low fuel light, and the tank doesn't have the recess for adding the sensor (double check me tho).
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #4070
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,156
Quote:
ok not that i am too good to go over 272 pages of wisdom on bergs but...I am thinking if switching from orange to blue. I am in the process of negotiating a deal for a 2009 570FE. ..... Any good advice will be greatly appreciated with the switch to the orange blue side . thanks
Known issues, problems, commons mods Husaberg FE390 FE450 FE570 70 degrees
if you do buy it, i compiled this for anyone buying a 70 degree berg. won't have every bit of wisdom from 272 pages but covers the major points. if it is missing anything inmates are adding to the list. i'd ask him if he's already replaced the fuel pump with an aftermarket one or stock 2012 one. welcome to the blue side....
Old 07-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #4071
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
thanks
StepOnIt, thinking of leaving the 690 Orange group and going lighter? Just have one of each!

The 570 is a great bike and feels very light on the trail for a 570, not to mention probably about 30lbs lighter.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #4072
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 945
Cry Orange blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
StepOnIt, thinking of leaving the 690 Orange group and going lighter? Just have one of each!

The 570 is a great bike and feels very light on the trail for a 570, not to mention probably about 30lbs lighter.
I would like to have two bikes but my bank account has a different opinion.
If it was to have two bikes I would keep the 690 for trips and get a 390 for woods weapon. I love my 690 but it is time for a new bike and the 690's are too pricey, even used. Just came across a sweet deal on the 570 and could not pass it up. Time to sell the 690

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #4073
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
I would be VERY surprised if you didnt think the 570 was great. I have several other bikes...that I think that I should sell now since the Berg is by far the most fun to ride. GL
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #4074
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,156
some of you will have seen the pics of worn countershaft splines on bergs with a fair bit of mileage under their belts. had me concerned as i've been adventure riding the 570 a fair bit and could see some wear of the splines starting.

a mate welded up a custom washer that (so far) has been stopping the front sprocket from moving on the shaft at all, which should prevent any wear of the splines hopefully. did a bit of a write up here. done three rides now with no movement so seems to be working. might be worth considering if you are running up a fair few miles on the berg?

Old 07-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #4075
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,865
That sprocket is showing a lot of side wear Barry!

Is it aligned correctly?

Is it the oem front sprocket or an aftermarket one?

I have only used oem sprockets and washer and no sign of any wear on my 390's shaft spline.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #4076
johnno950
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,013
For general touring ride apps,whats a general oil change interval for the 570?,would 1500/2000kms be ok running good quality oil.Can/could i expect any inj/fuel system problems with a 2012 model.
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:23 AM   #4077
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

I run 1500 to 2000 klms between oil changes using high quality oil in my 390.

It really depends on how you treat the motor. I probably rev the 390 a bit higher more often than a 570 would be.

xronly
Old 07-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #4078
johnno950
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
I run 1500 to 2000 klms between oil changes using high quality oil in my 390.

It really depends on how you treat the motor. I probably rev the 390 a bit higher more often than a 570 would be.
Sounds good,just general dirt road riding,very open sort of conditions,im also from qld climate ,what oil is the go for this part of the world?
Old 07-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #4079
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

I use the Motul or Motorex the same as the factory.

Rides are varied but not too much real hard stuff any more. Mostly Mt Mee, Jimna and Bellthorpe areas.

xronly
Old 07-23-2013, 04:43 AM   #4080
johnno950
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
I use the Motul or Motorex the same as the factory.

Rides are varied but not too much real hard stuff any more. Mostly Mt Mee, Jimna and Bellthorpe areas.
Sounds good,thanks for the info.