User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #4111
TexScrotumRidesAgain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
'm in Luuuuuvvvv

I bought myself a 09 FE 450 berg and I have fallen head over heels in luv with this bike!

I've had it for a few months and done about 400kms on it(all on the dirt,mainly between Nowra-Milton)I managed to buy it off a mate(he missed it so much he went out and bought a 2012 model)so I know the history of the bike.

It has almost 5000kms on it(all off-road)and has never had any issues with it.

It has the typical mods like map switch and exhaust insulation ,WB muffler etc .
After punting a 2000 KTM 625supercomp(left foot kick only no e-start)around on single trails for the last few years this bike feels unreal!

They say riding a 4 stroke vs a 2 stroke makes you abit lazy well going to a 4 stroke fuel injection bike makes you lazier still.The EFI is amazingly forgiving which helps when your getting old and your not as sharp as you once were(I'll be the big 50 next year)

I'll keep this bike for a loooonnnng time ,it makes me look a hell of a lot better than I really am
TexScrotumRidesAgain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #4112
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 3,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexScrotumRidesAgain View Post
I bought myself a 09 FE 450 berg and I have fallen head over heels in luv with this bike!

I've had it for a few months and done about 400kms on it(all on the dirt,mainly between Nowra-Milton)I managed to buy it off a mate(he missed it so much he went out and bought a 2012 model)so I know the history of the bike.

It has almost 5000kms on it(all off-road)and has never had any issues with it.

It has the typical mods like map switch and exhaust insulation ,WB muffler etc .
After punting a 2000 KTM 625supercomp(left foot kick only no e-start)around on single trails for the last few years this bike feels unreal!

They say riding a 4 stroke vs a 2 stroke makes you abit lazy well going to a 4 stroke fuel injection bike makes you lazier still.The EFI is amazingly forgiving which helps when your getting old and your not as sharp as you once were(I'll be the big 50 next year)

I'll keep this bike for a loooonnnng time ,it makes me look a hell of a lot better than I really am
Suggest installing a radiator electric fan if it does not already have one.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Husaberg tank for sale: HERE
Seth S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #4113
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,934
Quote:
yes! i think it's something to do with the blue and yellow....
you've probably seen it, a list of mods here.
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #4114
TexScrotumRidesAgain
Adventurer

Pissed Bashplate options

G'day,yeh thanks guys for the info,I've already sussed out those mods and yes it already has a fan as well as exhaust wrap and under tank heat shield that was done by my mate(previous owner).

I don't think he ever had any issues with boiling gas but did these mods as a precaution due too what he had heard and read.

I did have some coolant come out of the WP weephole on my last ride ,I was stuck half way up a really steep gnarly fire trail with lots of sandstone steps in it and was off the bike and struggling to get traction. Believe me it wasn't just the bike getting hot and bothered.

For the rest of the ride everything was good, no more weep leaks!

Can any of you guys recommend a bashplate with good protection ,especially on the right side ,I'm a little concerned about the clutch cover.
I have the standard plastic one on at the moment and it doesn't give much side protection.

It already has FORCE radiator guards so was considering one of their bashplates or the other option was a B&B bashplate.

But if anybody has a better idea I'll consider it.

I just worry I'm going hit a ledge or rock with the side cases.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #4115
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,848
Quote:
G'day,yeh thanks guys for the info,I've already sussed out those mods and yes it already has a fan as well as exhaust wrap and under tank heat shield that was done by my mate(previous owner).

I don't think he ever had any issues with boiling gas but did these mods as a precaution due too what he had heard and read.

I did have some coolant come out of the WP weephole on my last ride ,I was stuck half way up a really steep gnarly fire trail with lots of sandstone steps in it and was off the bike and struggling to get traction. Believe me it wasn't just the bike getting hot and bothered.

Can any of you guys recommend a bashplate with good protection ,especially on the right side ,I'm a little concerned about the clutch cover.
I have the standard plastic one on at the moment and it doesn't give much side protection.

It already has FORCE radiator guards so was considering one of their bashplates or the other option was a B&B bashplate.

But if anybody has a better idea I'll consider it.

I just worry I'm going hit a ledge or rock with the side cases.

Force!! there in your back yard !!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #4116
dave186
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:

I had the same problem. did a search and found they put the seals in backwards. I switched it around and its been fine ever since.
dave186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #4117
TexScrotumRidesAgain
Adventurer

Weepy Peepy again!!!

Went to change the oil on the bike this morning and whilst I was warming up the engine the bloody weep hole started pissing out coolant

So I pulled off the pump cover and the seal looked to be in backward as was suggested in other threads(I confirmed with original owner that yes the WP seal had never been changed it's a green one)

So off I went to the local Husaberg dealer to get a new seal and asked about the backward seal deal.

They assured me 100% that the way it was facing(spring facing motor)was the right way and they'd been thru this same conversation 3 times this week alone. The shop mechanic puts the seal(spring facing motor)in that way and always has!!!

OOOOkaaaayyy I'll do it that way then and see what happens after all the seal this way round has lasted 5000kms!

It was pretty easy to change and there was a little crud in behind the seal but not as much as I expected.

I took the opportunity to do the famous weephole mod and that went well too.

I will be interested to see how it goes next week after a good ride.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #4118
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
research

Just started looking into a Husaberg and will read all these posts eventually...one question, I'm sure it's here somewhere (Thumpertalk has the answer):

Husqvarna TE450 or Husaberg 450?

I just sold my te610 to get something smaller, my ideal price point is $2000-$3000, so an 2004-2006 model might work for that price point.

Are Husaberg parts a pain to get? Reliability, etc.?

Okay, I'll start reading from the beginning and load up on coffee! Smart ass comments appreciated...
Thanks!
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #4119
mikecarpenter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Just started looking into a Husaberg and will read all these posts eventually...one question, I'm sure it's here somewhere (Thumpertalk has the answer):

Husqvarna TE450 or Husaberg 450?

I just sold my te610 to get something smaller, my ideal price point is $2000-$3000, so an 2004-2006 model might work for that price point.

Are Husaberg parts a pain to get? Reliability, etc.?

Okay, I'll start reading from the beginning and load up on coffee! Smart ass comments appreciated...
Thanks!
Scott,

Probably won't find a lot of help with your search in this thread. The 70 degree Husabergs started in the 2009 model year.

Good luck with the quest!
mikecarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #4120
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 2,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecarpenter View Post
Scott, Probably won't find a lot of help with your search in this thread. The 70 degree Husabergs started in the 2009 model year.
Good luck with the quest!
+1, totally different beast. unofficial husaberg is probably a better place to look. only two guys on this thread but you could register on the forum and ask for more comments?
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #4121
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
Thanks gentlemen, I'll look around, I thought there would be a thread for Husabergs in the early 2000's...I appreciate the help.
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #4122
PABiker
Anywhere but here

Oddometer: 3,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGERRIDER007 View Post
Thanks gentlemen, I'll look around, I thought there would be a thread for Husabergs in the early 2000's...I appreciate the help.
Look here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640445
Old 08-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #4123
VTwins4me
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
FE 570 Wiring Schematic/diagram

As a recent convert to this 70 degree single cylinder lark, I could really use a wiring diagram for a 2010 FE570 UK spec.

Anybody got one please?
VTwins4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #4124
FamilyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTwins4me View Post
As a recent convert to this 70 degree single cylinder lark, I could really use a wiring diagram for a 2010 FE570 UK spec.

Anybody got one please?
Download the service manual from the Husaberg service website. It will have everything you need to maintain your bike - including wiring diagrams.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:34 AM   #4125
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,618
Can't find one on there, only older pre 70 degree Bergs on there.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote