Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #4126
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
a while back i set up my rigid industries srm2 light on the later model flasher bracket, but with my tendancy to fall off i get smacking it about, bending brackets etc so i took it off again to work out a better place and came up with this:

IMG00001-20130731-1358IMG00002-20130731-1358
IMG00006-20130801-1959IMG00007-20130801-1959
IMG00008-20130801-1959IMG00009-20130801-2008

should be better protected in there and plenty of room/scope for adjustment
Great idea, frostyuk, I love it.

Trying to find one of those lights for myself. Googled up Rigid Industries for the SRM2, but all the dimensions of the housings look too big ( 10 x 7 ). Where is that small 3" - 4" wide model you are using hiding at?

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #4127
pRICK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyRider View Post
Download the service manual from the Husaberg service website. It will have everything you need to maintain your bike - including wiring diagrams.

http://www.husaberg.com/dealers-service/service.html

Whoops, meant to quote this one

(FE 570 Wiring Schematic/diagram
As a recent convert to this 70 degree single cylinder lark, I could really use a wiring diagram for a 2010 FE570 UK spec.

Anybody got one please?)
pRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #4128
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Great idea, frostyuk, I love it.

Trying to find one of those lights for myself. Googled up Rigid Industries for the SRM2, but all the dimensions of the housings look too big ( 10 x 7 ). Where is that small 3" - 4" wide model you are using hiding at?

HF
Thanks HF

http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/sr-m2-dr.htm

is the one i have, but no dimensions on that site

this one has the datasheet, but i have the driving version rather than the wide one

http://www.tmwoffroad.com/product.sc?productId=606

"Encased in a magnesium housing, the light weighs in at an astonishing 7 ounces, including hardware. At 3 inches wide by 1.75 inches tall, the SR-M fits in the palm of your hand. "

hth

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #4129
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Has anyone tried one of these LED bulbs? I tried buying it but my CC wont go thru...

http://www.hdbright.com/hi-power-ba2...ktm-p-438.html
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #4130
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanbeingexpert View Post
Has anyone tried one of these LED bulbs? I tried buying it but my CC wont go thru...

http://www.hdbright.com/hi-power-ba2...ktm-p-438.html
Those little smd leds won't make 500 lumens. 500 lumens is less than your stock 35w so called headlight.

A real car 55w bulb is around 1300 lumens. Anything less than that would not be a real upgrade to stock headlight (which is a sad excuse for a headlight).

To put it in perspective, I mountain bike with 1000 lumens of front lighting.

A lot of folks here run this:
http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=497041
4300 lumens spec. I'd say that's more like 2800 real lumens in front of your bike.

A cheap upgrade is to just stick a H4 bulb in place of your 'globe'. The H4 needs to go in upside down and then you need to wire/clip/tie in place. If you look at the back of your headlight, and have a H4 in hand, it is very obvious. Mine works great, and is a huge improvement over stock. I no longer worry about riding streets at night. It is totally insufficient for night dirt riding.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #4131
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,079
I just changed the front sprocket and chain on my 450FX. My bike ('10 450FX) just turned 150 hours, half of which has been 50/50 dualsport use by me. The first half was harescramble/enduro and some limited dualsport use by the PO.

I'm happy to report that the countershaft splines looked fine/undamaged/no visible wear.

I replaced the rear sprocket with one of these http://www.kushsprockets.com/sprockets a few days ago and it's working fine so far.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #4132
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
Those little smd leds won't make 500 lumens. 500 lumens is less than your stock 35w so called headlight.

A real car 55w bulb is around 1300 lumens. Anything less than that would not be a real upgrade to stock headlight (which is a sad excuse for a headlight).

To put it in perspective, I mountain bike with 1000 lumens of front lighting.

A lot of folks here run this:
http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=497041
4300 lumens spec. I'd say that's more like 2800 real lumens in front of your bike.

A cheap upgrade is to just stick a H4 bulb in place of your 'globe'. The H4 needs to go in upside down and then you need to wire/clip/tie in place. If you look at the back of your headlight, and have a H4 in hand, it is very obvious. Mine works great, and is a huge improvement over stock. I no longer worry about riding streets at night. It is totally insufficient for night dirt riding.
Thx..do u have link for the right bulb to fit?
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #4133
galbo950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Starting question.

I'm finding with the 570 that once the bike is at running temps I need an extremely small amount of throttle to help it start easier. If I go no throttle it winds over for a bit before it finally starts. If I go to much throttle it just winds over. I've checked the valves and they're within tolerance. The fuel filter screen at the pump is clean. The bike runs fine and doesn't hesitate, stall, cut out or lose any performance. I've heard a few rumours that the 570 likes a bit of throttle to start, is this the case? The closest dealer is about 4 hours away, I spoke with them and they've suggested it could be the throttle position sensor and as such it may just need to be plug into the computer to check and sort it. Any ideas?
galbo950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #4134
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanbeingexpert View Post
Thx..do u have link for the right bulb to fit?
http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-Silve.../dp/B000AM8BN6

any autoparts store has an H4 bulb. Don't buy anything that is colored blue or tinted, those will cut down on the output.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #4135
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by galbo950 View Post
I'm finding with the 570 that once the bike is at running temps I need an extremely small amount of throttle to help it start easier. If I go no throttle it winds over for a bit before it finally starts. If I go to much throttle it just winds over. I've checked the valves and they're within tolerance. The fuel filter screen at the pump is clean. The bike runs fine and doesn't hesitate, stall, cut out or lose any performance. I've heard a few rumours that the 570 likes a bit of throttle to start, is this the case? The closest dealer is about 4 hours away, I spoke with them and they've suggested it could be the throttle position sensor and as such it may just need to be plug into the computer to check and sort it. Any ideas?
Mine needs no throttle to start hot or cold. You might try looking at the inline filters. Careful with the hose fitting at the injector, the oring is easily screwed (I wouldn't pull it off actually). Just pull the hose and leave the fitting on the injector to check the filter in the hose.
You might also try turning the idle knob. Try 2 clicks and later try it the other way.
Richen the TPS might make sense as well. I think you turn it counter cw to richen. Not sure if our bikes have a slotted TPS sensor already.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #4136
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Mine was hard to start as well, I found if the idle is too high they wont start easily. Idle spec is 1700 -1800 rpm ,with this setting it seems too lean on start up. I lowered the idle to around 900- 1000 rpm & it starts right up ..no throttle needed. Dont get it too low or it may flame out on large impacts .. large log hops or jump landings. This is free & easy to try, Idle adjustment is on the left side on the T/body , kinda hard to get to.. YMMV
Old 08-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #4137
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 693
Broken seat latch pin

I broke my seat latch pin & was wondering if anyone had a stock or aftmkt seat they would like to sell.? .
Old 08-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #4138
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,626
Quote:
That was the re flash they did on mine and it has never been a problem since. Pity KTM up there can't do it for you.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #4139
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
That was the re flash they did on mine and it has never been a problem since. Pity KTM up there can't do it for you.
Anyway to check and see if the flash/ re mapping has been done? My 570 has been un impressive in the power department ever since I got it. It is also a pain to start cold. I argued with the dealer about whether he flashed the comp map or not and he got pissy. He stated that my bike has a lack of power because of the restrictive exhaust.

Love the bike other than it feeling weak. Buddy on a 2010 te510 smoked me in a drag race the other day.

Taking it out tomorrow to the local riding park with a trials tire. Pretty excited to try the expert trails!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #4140
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Anyway to check and see if the flash/ re mapping has been done? My 570 has been un impressive in the power department ever since I got it. It is also a pain to start cold. I argued with the dealer about whether he flashed the comp map or not and he got pissy. He stated that my bike has a lack of power because of the restrictive exhaust.

Love the bike other than it feeling weak. Buddy on a 2010 te510 smoked me in a drag race the other day.

Taking it out tomorrow to the local riding park with a trials tire. Pretty excited to try the expert trails!
Unless you have a KTM ecu tool, there's no way for us to check. Is there another dealer you can take to? They can read and check to see if your bike has been unlocked and the comp map loaded. If you're running a completely stock exhaust, then that is your first problem for sure. At a minimum cut the inside snorkel off to free it up a little. The bike will run better and cooler. Or, just buy a FMF Q pipe.

Also, for cold start, if you have an issue, have you tried pulling the choke? It works really well to help cold start.