Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #4141
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Anyway to check and see if the flash/ re mapping has been done? My 570 has been un impressive in the power department ever since I got it. It is also a pain to start cold. I argued with the dealer about whether he flashed the comp map or not and he got pissy. He stated that my bike has a lack of power because of the restrictive exhaust.

Love the bike other than it feeling weak. Buddy on a 2010 te510 smoked me in a drag race the other day.

Taking it out tomorrow to the local riding park with a trials tire. Pretty excited to try the expert trails!
My bike was a PIA to start until i got the comp map and a new exhaust, now it starts right up...the exhaust made a difference for sure.
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #4142
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,028
i don't know if the exhaust can be blamed. mine starts easily regardless of the stock or lexx exhaust fitted. the lexx isn't much lighter than stock but definitely less restrictive and not much louder either. very good quality for such a cheap pipe.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #4143
galbo950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Looking through the previous owners paper work, the back has been remapped before. It does idle a little on the high side so I'll try dropping it down a little. Apparently to remap it the dealer would need the Husaberg program and I don't think e local KTM dealer would have it, but you never know seeing as he once were also the Husaberg dealer but that was per 570 era.
galbo950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #4144
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
Unless you have a KTM ecu tool, there's no way for us to check. Is there another dealer you can take to? They can read and check to see if your bike has been unlocked and the comp map loaded. If you're running a completely stock exhaust, then that is your first problem for sure. At a minimum cut the inside snorkel off to free it up a little. The bike will run better and cooler. Or, just buy a FMF Q pipe.

Also, for cold start, if you have an issue, have you tried pulling the choke? It works really well to help cold start.
No other dealer close. Have a highly modified stock exhaust. Removed the stock spark arrester and added a screen type. Also cut the outlet back a lot.

Ya, have to pull the choke out. It used to run the battery down trying to get it started. Bought a lithium ion so I don't have to worry about that now.

Bike has always felt gutless. Have posted on here before about it. Just doesn't sound strong when I get on it hard. Sounds choked up.

Found a used Leo Vinci online. Thinking about trying that out.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #4145
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,126
Gutless and 570 Berg do not go together - even a bone stock 570. Either something is not right w/ the bike or you are used to riding a moto gp bike.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #4146
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
Gutless and 570 Berg do not go together - even a bone stock 570. Either something is not right w/ the bike or you are used to riding a moto gp bike.
Used to riding a bone stock crf450r? Haven't had to touch the motor in the honda because it has always had enough and could put a smile on my face. I dunno, the Berg just doesn't do that for me. Just keep thinking that there is something up with because it sat so long on the dealers floor before it sold. All of you talking about it being a wheelie monster make me jealous!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #4147
milzispete
Conquistador

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Used to riding a bone stock crf450r? Haven't had to touch the motor in the honda because it has always had enough and could put a smile on my face. I dunno, the Berg just doesn't do that for me. Just keep thinking that there is something up with because it sat so long on the dealers floor before it sold. All of you talking about it being a wheelie monster make me jealous!
Have you checked your map switch? Setting 1 is soft, 2 is madness, 3 is standard. If it's on setting 1, that may explain the lack of power. I bought my 570 used so I'm not sure if the switch comes with the bike as standard. Mine was tucked behind the headlight mask.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #4148
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,028
Quote:
Just keep thinking that there is something up with because it sat so long on the dealers floor before it sold. All of you talking about it being a wheelie monster make me jealous!
something seriously wrong there. the berg should still effortlessly rear up and paw the air like a wild european stallion in top gear at 60mph with a weeks worth of camping gear and food strapped to its lean mean clean body.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #4149
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Picking up a 2010 fe570 within a few weeks from VA, and I'm only on page 10 of this thread. I should start reading at a quicker pace
uska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #4150
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
something seriously wrong there. the berg should still effortlessly rear up and paw the air like a wild european stallion in top gear at 60mph with a weeks worth of camping gear and food strapped to its lean mean clean body.
Agreed....when I first got mine it would wheelie in 5th gear on a slight rise in the road . that was with the 13 / 52 gearing.. I just got back from a trip to Colorado , the bike ran nice & clean & got 40 mpg . I did notice a lack of power @ 13000 feet compared to sea level. I couldnt get it to wheelie in 4th gear. Its nice to have the self calibrating ECU Now that Im back home @ sea level it pulls as hard as it ever did. So I would say there is definately a problem somewhere. Lack of power is not normal for this bike, Just my .02c worth.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #4151
FamilyRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Maybe this has been covered already, but I would check your fuel pump in-take filter. My bike sat on the dealers floor for several months with just a small amount of fuel in the tank. Some white crystals formed on the in-take filter and plugged it up. I also had water in the bottom of the tank that would cause the bike to sputter. I think the white crystals are a result of Ethanol in the fuel.

I replaced it with an aftermarket filter, cleaned out the tank, got fresh fuel, and it has run great since (other than when my injector filter got clogged and when my fuel pump failed).

Old 08-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #4152
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
No other dealer close. Have a highly modified stock exhaust. Removed the stock spark arrester and added a screen type. Also cut the outlet back a lot.

Ya, have to pull the choke out. It used to run the battery down trying to get it started. Bought a lithium ion so I don't have to worry about that now.

Bike has always felt gutless. Have posted on here before about it. Just doesn't sound strong when I get on it hard. Sounds choked up.

Found a used Leo Vinci online. Thinking about trying that out.

Like everyone else said, gutless, even on a stock bike means there's something wrong. I've had aftermarket pipe and found no difference besides making more noise. When on a Dyno at Bazzaz there was not a huge difference between performance with or without aftermarket pipe, a few HP, check back in thread for graph, at least not enough to really make much of a difference for mere mortals like me. My Husa with stock pipe and comp map rips for sure, pulls hard in all gears throughout the RPM range.

Clogged injector, clogged filter found right before the injector in the hose, clogged prescreen of filter in the tank, cracking filter in the tank (mine had that), loose battery terminals or bad battery, bad fuel pump or regulator could all be things to check. I have a timing map switch and while it does change the throttle response going from wild to mild it doesn't make the bike a dog by any means.
Checking fuel pressure could eliminate a few things on the list, you'll need the special tool or a dealer to do that though.
If the bike isn't keeping fuel pressure when off then you have a leak inside the tank, mine had a cracked OEM filter after the pump, before the regulator.
Easiest thing to check will be the inline filter right before the injector, make sure you replace it with the gray one, that's the updated version.

Methinks investigating the issue will help more than buying anything for the bike, assuming you have removed the smog stuff and have the comp map.

Good luck!

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #4153
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
My bike sat on the showroom floor for two years and it simply rips. The fuel filter sounds like the likely suspect...or could it just be a bad fuel pump?
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #4154
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanbeingexpert View Post
My bike sat on the showroom floor for two years and it simply rips. The fuel filter sounds like the likely suspect...or could it just be a bad fuel pump?
I will check those two. I do have the all black fuel pump. Figured it would work or it wouldn't? Didn't think there would be an in between. Jerk at my dealer insists that 2011 has no bad fuel pumps and will not replace it. Told me to quit believing everything I read on the Internet! Haha. He is an idiot.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I really like the handling and feel but the motor doesn't impress me like I wish it would. Hopefully I can get it straightened out.

Also, how much rolling resistance should the bike have? On a 6-7% road grade the bike will actually slow down in neutral. It doesn't do it super fast but it loses a mph every 2 seconds or so. I figured it would accelerate? My buddies say that there bikes slow down too and that is normal?

Took it out to Silverton, CO last month. Did have a really good time.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #4155
uska
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125

Getting it home in style. In my semis cab.
uska is offline   Reply With Quote