ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #4276
scorpion
Two arm bandit
 
scorpion's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Planet Reno
Oddometer: 5,422
Is my shifter tweaked?

Riding buddy said it was bad but I really haven't noticed
__________________

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #4277
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RememberTheFallen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
You don't have a stock 2nd one to cut it from ?
http://www.gearhead.com/husaberg-ktm.../40011166200/1

The dealer can order, but they'll likely insist on you having your key number.

You can hotwire it with 1 wire or paperclip. search ktm ignition. here's one that may work, it is just whether the wire colors match.
http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/838...on-key-switch/
No, for some reason I only got one key from the dealer. Kept meaning to get another one made. Day late, dollar short!

I will try the hot wire for now, thanks!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #4278
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RememberTheFallen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
Is my shifter tweaked?

Riding buddy said it was bad but I really haven't noticed
Ya, just a tad! Lol.

The shifter thingy your boots hits should be parallel to the foot peg.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #4279
pne
Studly Adventurer
 
pne's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 924
Got too jealous from reading this thread and finally caved, I bought myself a 2009 FE570 today. Rode great, had some suspension work done to it and a set of pivot pegs.

Now the bad news, I bring it home, and go through the typical maintenance routine of dropping the oil and cleaning the air filter for tomorrows inaugural ride. Found lots of coolant in the oil. I mean green oil.

Anyone have this happen before? In my last KTM I remember this was common from the water pump impeller shaft wearing down and the seal leaking. Hoping it's an easy fix I'm tempted to just refill fresh oil and take it out tomorrow. Might be the last ride of the season for me.
__________________
Touring USA on a KTM Superduke, I have no idea what I'm doing:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890358
pne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #4280
B1
Carbon-based bipedal
 
B1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Arse-trailer
Oddometer: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by pne View Post
Got too jealous from reading this thread and finally caved, I bought myself a 2009 FE570 today. Rode great, had some suspension work done to it and a set of pivot pegs.

Now the bad news, I bring it home, and go through the typical maintenance routine of dropping the oil and cleaning the air filter for tomorrows inaugural ride. Found lots of coolant in the oil. I mean green oil.

Anyone have this happen before? In my last KTM I remember this was common from the water pump impeller shaft wearing down and the seal leaking. Hoping it's an easy fix I'm tempted to just refill fresh oil and take it out tomorrow. Might be the last ride of the season for me.
sounds like perhaps the weephole mod was never done and some crud has ruined the seal inside. heaps of info on this over at unofficial husaberg. start here.
__________________
free enduro training vids for gumbies here
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #4281
pne
Studly Adventurer
 
pne's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
sounds like perhaps the weephole mod was never done and some crud has ruined the seal inside. heaps of info on this over at unofficial husaberg. start here.
thanks. I pulled the water pump cover off, sure enough the weephole was sealed shut with crud. Cleaned it out with some wire, flipped the water pump seal over which was backwards, and put everything back together. Took it for a long ride today with no leaks, hopefully when I drop the oil again it will be good.

Oh ya. this bike has got some JAM!
__________________
Touring USA on a KTM Superduke, I have no idea what I'm doing:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=890358
pne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #4282
scorpion
Two arm bandit
 
scorpion's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Planet Reno
Oddometer: 5,422
Here comes the winter!
__________________

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:38 AM   #4283
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK
 
Knobbiethrower's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Where I am
Oddometer: 1,339
70 deg tank for sale (not mine..)

http://ktmtalk.com/pp_classifieds/sh...?product=37968

70 Degree Racing Auxillary fuel tank for sale. Tank fits the 70 degree four stroke Husaberg. Tank holds extra gallon in addition to the factory tank. This tank is basically new; it has only been rode 2-3 times. No problems, works as designed. I am selling because I am selling the bike. All mounting hardware and instructions are included. Price $400, my loss your gain. Contact Wes at 678-five one six-8468.


Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #4284
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RememberTheFallen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobbiethrower View Post
70 deg tank for sale (not mine..)

http://ktmtalk.com/pp_classifieds/sh...?product=37968

70 Degree Racing Auxillary fuel tank for sale. Tank fits the 70 degree four stroke Husaberg. Tank holds extra gallon in addition to the factory tank. This tank is basically new; it has only been rode 2-3 times. No problems, works as designed. I am selling because I am selling the bike. All mounting hardware and instructions are included. Price $400, my loss your gain. Contact Wes at 678-five one six-8468.


That was the same guy I listed earlier. Guess he decided to go up! Lol.


On a side note. Found a key in the large key box at work that may be my lost key. Kinda beat up. Won't be home for two days to check. Would one of you check your keys and see if yours looks like the one I found? Please!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #4285
dirtyoffroad
Studly Adventurer
 
dirtyoffroad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: merrimack,N.H.
Oddometer: 546
He was gonna price the shipping for me but never got back on it,oh well.
__________________
07 Honda XR 650R
11 BMW R1200GSA
dirtyoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #4286
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead
 
mrt10x's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Oddometer: 3,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
That was the same guy I listed earlier. Guess he decided to go up! Lol.


On a side note. Found a key in the large key box at work that may be my lost key. Kinda beat up. Won't be home for two days to check. Would one of you check your keys and see if yours looks like the one I found? Please!
That is what my key looks like.. exactly.
__________________
We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of "security." And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #4287
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
RememberTheFallen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
That is what my key looks like.. exactly.
Awesome! Thank you!

Didn't remember my key being this beat up. Also didn't want to take a key home that might belong to something important here.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #4288
loph917
Beard Bros Racing
 
loph917's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: state of pain and confusion
Oddometer: 4,744
Rose Garden Hill Trail outside of Moab. I ran out of talent. Onion Creek Road leading up to it was an awesome ride though.
__________________
[ this space for rent ]
loph917 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #4289
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The Delta Ghetto, GA (aka PTC)
Oddometer: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
Rose Garden Hill Trail outside of Moab. I ran out of talent. Onion Creek Road leading up to it was an awesome ride though.
They never look as steep in the pictures. I'll bet even walking up that trail is difficult. Absolutely stunning view!
__________________
"Comparison is the thief of joy" - TR (the good Roosevelt)
'08 530EXC, '08 990SD
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #4290
n16ht5
ride the night
 
n16ht5's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arlington, WA
Oddometer: 2,420
that trail looks like fun, nice shot


Here's some from WA






n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015