Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #5146
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,183
Anyone have any trouble with the seat coming off in the front? I stand 90% of the time, but when it's nasty and I'm sitting, my seat will sometimes come off the front pins. I put 2 spacers behind it and hope that will help. Just wanted to know if it's me or the Gutz Racing tall seat or a common thing.

Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #5147
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,002
Same issue

Mine does it constantly. Sucks.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #5148
mattadv93
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Went for a quick ride on my 570 yesterday arvo. My third ride on it and im really loven it.

This was half way up a knarly old down hill mtb track. It started to get abit hot so I gave it a rest, though I would to if I was lugging my fat ass up there haha.
Attached Images

-Husaberg FE570
mattadv93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #5149
mrdirtbikerider
Husaberg rider

Oddometer: 266
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
The Rekluse clutch covers are very beefy and already a bit wider. I don't see any reason to put yet another layer of metal there. The Extreme Enduro guys run the Rekluse covers as they are.

I've tossed my FE390 into rocks a time or two and the Rekluse cover on mine has been fine so far.

My berg takes trail naps also, from time to time.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:28 AM   #5150
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post

And, I bet it was MSTIL too!

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #5151
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
And, I bet it was MSTIL too!

HF
It sure was as you know, since you rode it too just before me. Only difference is I rode over a large "roller" rock during the bumpy climb. Sometimes the trail gets you.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #5152
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,118
ouch. blame the luggage! with an existing rear weight bias i find the 570 really starts to handle strangely with luggage on the rear.
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #5153
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,183
Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Anyone have any trouble with the seat coming off in the front? I stand 90% of the time, but when it's nasty and I'm sitting, my seat will sometimes come off the front pins. I put 2 spacers behind it and hope that will help. Just wanted to know if it's me or the Gutz Racing tall seat or a common thing.

Edit: the spacers worked perfect. They're 3/16" - 1/4". I put them behind the pin / air filter arm assembly and it was just enough to stop the seat from coming off up front. I used spacers I found in this over priced tray of nuts and bolts.

Life is good!

Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #5154
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 646
Well I was very disappointed today. I attempted to install the rear Safari Tank on my 2011 570 and it doesn't fit. It doesn't fit over the subframe on the left side where the emissions canister used to be. Can someone enlighten me on this issue? Will I have to change out the subframe? There doesn't seem to be anything mentioned on Safari's website and after many searches on the forum I have found no mention here either. HELP!!
Regards....justjeff
ErikMotoMan: "People struggle with many things in their lives. But the answer to struggle isn’t MORE struggle. It’s peace. If you want more joy, peace, love, happiness… you have to GIVE those things first. You have to THINK those things. You have to have faith that they’ll come to you, despite what you may see. The truth isn’t in what you see with your eyes. It’s what you feel in your heart."
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #5155
Dahlin
Need more time...

Oddometer: 166
17" to 21" ?

Is there a way to change front wheel size in the speedometer display?

On other Husaberg/KTM's, I am used to see 2205 in the display as an indication that the front wheel is a 21"
But now I am working on a 570FE -09 that indicates 1700-1800-something (can not remeber now) as for a Supermoto 17" front wheel.
In 2009 the FS model didn't exist, so I'm guessing that somehow , the wheelsize in the dispaly has been changed.

Any ideas?
2012 Husaberg FE390

Dahlin screwed with this post 04-06-2014 at 10:38 PM
Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #5156
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by just jeff View Post
Well I was very disappointed today. I attempted to install the rear Safari Tank on my 2011 570 and it doesn't fit. It doesn't fit over the subframe on the left side where the emissions canister used to be. Can someone enlighten me on this issue? Will I have to change out the subframe? There doesn't seem to be anything mentioned on Safari's website and after many searches on the forum I have found no mention here either. HELP!!
Regards....justjeff
Did you cut the side cover just under the subframe?

Picture 6
http://www.safaritanks.com.au/home/i...nstruction.pdf
Old 04-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #5157
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,141
Quote:
Regards....justjeff
You need to trim the plastic on the fender

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #5158
pinevalley
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Jeff,

I assume you have the cut out for the smog equipment on you 2011, correct? I had to trim my sub frame (quite a bit) to get the tank to fit. The folks that have the subframe without the smog cutout or the sub-frame tank require only the fender to be trimmed. If you are interested I can see if I can dig up some photos.

pinevalley

Quote:
Regards....justjeff
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #5159
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinevalley View Post
Jeff,

I assume you have the cut out for the smog equipment on you 2011, correct?...The folks that have the subframe without the smog cutout or the sub-frame tank require only the fender to be trimmed...
should be fairly easy to find a non-smog subframe, i'm sure someone would sell you one.

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #5160
Dahlin
Need more time...

Oddometer: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlin View Post
Is there a way to change front wheel size in the speedometer display?

On other Husaberg/KTM's, I am used to see 2205 in the display as an indication that the front wheel is a 21"
But now I am working on a 570FE -09 that indicates 1700-1800-something (can not remeber now) as for a Supermoto 17" front wheel.
In 2009 the FS model didn't exist, so I'm guessing that somehow , the wheelsize in the dispaly has been changed.

Any ideas?
This is how it's done:

Disconnect the speedo from the loom 3 pin connector (black, red & brown?) or diconnect bike battery.

It does work on all 03 to 08 exc models and LC4 motors with EXC style display, but you have to start with the display showing running hours, not miles, then press and hold the MODE button till display blinks, cycle through with the MODE button, then when WS blinks you can adjust up/down with + and - buttons, then press MODE again, then press and hold MODE button

I leave my connector undone all the time for quick changes from SM to dirt wheel size. The light does not work, thats all
2012 Husaberg FE390
Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote