Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #5221
Koko
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj4x4 View Post
Nice bike! .... are led front blinkers hard to install on the 570? I remember on my drz400 there were s pain in the ass and I ended up useing the std ones again.
Leds were easy to install on my 390. Previous owner had installed the ktm cev multi function switch. I bought Sicass racing handguards with integrated turn signals. Mounted them to my KTM barkbusters. After that I swapped in a Sicass led flasher http://sicassracing.com/store/produc...signal_flasher

And this:

http://sicassracing.com/store/produc...dicator_wiring

End result works perfect with rear led flushmounts.
Koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #5222
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Damage report...

I've seen the damage... and it's not good

I'll post pics later. EDIT: Pics here

At a minimum, I'm going to need a new head (and all associated parts) - it got REALLY hot and one valve impacted the piston, so that means a new piston too. Also will need a new cam chain & all associated bits. Most of the debris in the oil was from the melted cam chain tensioner & plastic parts. Possibly need a rod - won't know about the bottom end until we can split the case.

Also needed - does anyone know where I can get a primary gear puller and a case/crank puller for the 570 motor? With Husaberg disappearing, these tools seem to be hard to come by.

My mechanic/shop is asking for the primary gear puller and/or crank puller so that he can split the case and check the gears/gearbox to see what (if any) damage the gearbox suffered. With all that melted and shredded plastic debris floating around I don't want to leave some bits to clog up a bearing somewhere and repeat the mess again.
http://photos.boggis.com

BogeyMan screwed with this post 05-01-2014 at 06:27 PM
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:05 PM   #5223
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post

At a minimum, I'm going to need a new head (and all associated parts) - it got REALLY hot and one valve impacted the piston, so that means a new piston too. Also will need a new cam chain & all associated bits. Most of the debris in the oil was from the melted cam chain tensioner & plastic parts. Possibly need a rod - won't know about the bottom end until we can split the case.

Also needed - does anyone know where I can get a primary gear puller and a case/crank puller for the 570 motor? With Husaberg disappearing, these tools seem to be hard to come by.

Big bummer Bogeyman. Sorry to see. I'll look around if anyone is selling motor parts.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #5224
mattadv93
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
There was a whole 570 engine for sale in the racing flea market a coupl of weeks back. I think it was somewhere around $3000.

-Husaberg FE570
mattadv93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #5225
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,217
Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Installing a Rekluse clutch slave and in the process of removing the OE slave, the paper gasket got ruined. I'm going to make one from a sheet of gasket paper. It seems a c-hair thicker, but I don't think that should matter. Anyone disagree?

Edit: won't work:( need OE gasket. Very small and my ham fists can't do it

Life is good!

1 lunger screwed with this post 05-01-2014 at 06:14 PM
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #5226
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Quote:

My mechanic/shop is asking for the primary gear puller and/or crank puller so that he can split the case and check the gears/gearbox to see what (if any) damage the gearbox suffered. With all that melted and shredded plastic debris floating around I don't want to leave some bits to clog up a bearing somewhere and repeat the mess again.
Got some info on the primary gear extractor over on husaberg.org. But I'll ask the same question here - anyone know of a source for a used (or even new for that matter) 570 engine?
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #5227
bayarearider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Got some info on the primary gear extractor over on husaberg.org. But I'll ask the same question here - anyone know of a source for a used (or even new for that matter) 570 engine?
Contact Cyclebuy. I usually get all my spare parts from them.

http://www.cyclebuy.com/husaberg/parts.htm

bayarearider screwed with this post 05-02-2014 at 03:44 PM
bayarearider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #5228
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearider View Post
My FE570 with a front safari, sub frame tank & a HDB rally lite kit with Trail Tech Halogen headlight, Scheffelmeier Metall Bash Plate, & a bunch of other goodies that are too many to list.

The graphic template.

How horrible was the front safari install?
Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #5229
bayarearider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobbiethrower View Post
It was horrible to begin with. But after reading the problems posted by riders in this thread and on Husaberg.org, my mechanic was able to sort the installation issues and he did a good job. The issues are mainly due to the cross brace at the bottom not lining up with the holes at the bottom of the tank on either side and also the filler adaptor is too big ( by about 1mm) to fit in the OEM tank filler hole. So it needs to be grinded. For the cross brace I just took it to a mufler shop and gave them a small template and had them weld an additional piece of metal on either side to extend it to line up with the holes. Because I had the sub frame tank which comes with a aluminum fuel pump housing I used that to drill an additional spigot and plumb all 3 tanks. This was the hardest part as we realized this was the best way to go a little too late. Initially we used brass compression fittings to plumb all 3 tanks but that was taking up too much space and causing the hoses to kink. Simply drilling an additional spigot resolved the issue and we used quick disconnects in all possible locations to quickly disconnect the tanks.

Having done all that and after spending a lot of money on man hours, I can say that I am happy with the final finish. I have a 5+ gallon range and the weight of the fuel is evenly distributed and sits low and doesnt interfere with the riding position.
bayarearider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #5230
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearider View Post
It was horrible to begin with. But after reading the problems posted by riders in this thread and on Husaberg.org, my mechanic was able to sort the installation issues and he did a good job. The issues are mainly due to the cross brace at the bottom not lining up with the holes at the bottom of the tank on either side and also the filler adaptor is too big ( by about 1mm) to fit in the OEM tank filler hole. So it needs to be grinded. For the cross brace I just took it to a mufler shop and gave them a small template and had them weld an additional piece of metal on either side to extend it to line up with the holes. Because I had the sub frame tank which comes with a aluminum fuel pump housing I used that to drill an additional spigot and plumb all 3 tanks. This was the hardest part as we realized this was the best way to go a little too late. Initially we used brass compression fittings to plumb all 3 tanks but that was taking up too much space and causing the hoses to kink. Simply drilling an additional spigot resolved the issue and we used quick disconnects in all possible locations to quickly disconnect the tanks.

Having done all that and after spending a lot of money on man hours, I can say that I am happy with the final finish. I have a 5+ gallon range and the weight of the fuel is evenly distributed and sits low and doesnt interfere with the riding position.
Thanks for sharing. I'm toying around with idea of doing the same on my own. What do mean by "drilling an extra spigot" ? You modified the base of the safari tank to allow another point of fuel to be drawn from?

Knobbiethrower screwed with this post 05-02-2014 at 06:16 PM
Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #5231
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone have a JD tuner on their 570 ? Where do I find the plug to plug in the tuner?

Life is good!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #5232
Koko
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Finally popped my Hymenburg!

First real ride on my Berg this morning. 32.5 miles. Here's a couple of short vids.

Troy & Koko: http://youtu.be/s_HtOcX_JTg

Troy & Koko prt2: http://youtu.be/81-1ERLemMw

Koko screwed with this post 05-04-2014 at 06:34 PM
Koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #5233
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Cranked my rear brake foot lever on some low cut trees today. Will a Ktm lever fit the 2011 Berg 570? Or a link to aftermarket lever would be cool. Thanks!

Life is good!
Old 05-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #5234
dirtyoffroad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Anyone have a JD tuner on their 570 ? Where do I find the plug to plug in the tuner?

Life is good!
instructions say black connector for the fi throttle body.I'm interested in the results if anyone has done this.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #5235
mattadv93
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobbiethrower View Post
I be installing one next weekend. I report back how it goes

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

-Husaberg FE570
mattadv93 is offline   Reply With Quote