ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 04:58 AM   #1441
Gargoyle
Trail Jester
 
Gargoyle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: upstate NY, USA
Oddometer: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Ok....I'm IN.


All right HF! (and this just made me remember I was going to send you a note about my 570 ... sorry about that). Glad you pulled the trigger on a 390.

I just got my son a 350 EXC-F and look forward to comparing the two bikes when we do get out riding again.

Here is the shiny never ridden 350 and the dirty needs to be cleaned 570 now in my garage. I am thinking about taking the trusty old WR250R over to a supermoto setup.

Anyway, very happy you will frequent this forum now!

__________________
'11 Husaberg FE570S
'12 KTM 990
'13 Husaberg FE350
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter

Gargoyle screwed with this post 12-03-2011 at 05:33 AM
Gargoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #1442
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 4,933
It was only a matter of time for HF, once he got a hit of the good stuff, it was all over for him.

Here is his first innocent "I'll just try this once" back in July 2010 when he
came up to visit and ride in WA. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602376



cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #1443
loph917
Beard Bros Racing
 
loph917's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: state of pain and confusion
Oddometer: 4,212
you rode that 'berg so hard you lost the seat!

we have to get out and ride one of these days gargoyle. its been far too long since we've had a 0200 night and then up the next day to ride bright and early!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post


All right HF! (and this just made me remember I was going to send you a note about my 570 ... sorry about that). Glad you pulled the trigger on a 390.

I just got my son a 350 EXC-F and look forward to comparing the two bikes when we do get out riding again.

Here is the shiny never ridden 350 and the dirty needs to be cleaned 570 now in my garage. I am thinking about taking the trusty old WR250R over to a supermoto setup.

Anyway, very happy you will frequent this forum now!

__________________
[ this space for rent ]
loph917 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #1444
HighFive
Never Tap-Out
 
HighFive's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Okiehoma
Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_lee_visceral View Post
@HF,

Enjoyed your WRR posts HF, good to see you here.

I ride my WRR on the weekdays more ADV style and on weekends when I can go dualsporting I ride the 570S.
Hey Chief....glad to hear your R-squared has been a faithful & loyal pony!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post


All right HF! (and this just made me remember I was going to send you a note about my 570 ... sorry about that). Glad you pulled the trigger on a 390. Anyway, very happy you will frequent this forum now!
Yeah...gave up on you, and had to take matters into my own hands! The things you told me about your 570 were keeping me awake at night. And, you know how I feel about a good night's sleep.

Good looking pair of bikes there, Gargoyle...especially the dirty one!



Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
It was only a matter of time for HF, once he got a hit of the good stuff, it was all over for him.

Here is his first innocent "I'll just try this once" back in July 2010 when he
came up to visit and ride in WA. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602376

A toast to Cyborg. You kept me on the straight & narrow!
Guess you'll have to make a final update to your "Highfive Cascade Tour" thread....the Final Chapter.

HF

p.s sleeping like a baby this week
__________________
'13 Husky TR650 Terra, '11 Husaberg FE390, '10 BMW F800GS, '71 Honda CL70
Terra-izing the CDR Bergs Over the Rainbow Texas or Bust!
Rocky Mountain HighFive The Other Side of Nowhere
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #1445
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 4,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Guess you'll have to make a final update to your "Highfive Cascade Tour" thread....the Final Chapter.
HF
Can't close that chapter HF until you haul that spanky new 390 up to WA to ride those trails again, with my new 390. You can always ship it and figure out some bidnez to do up here to cover it.


Gargoyle, last Sunday went riding with a buddy on his new 350 EXC-F.





We traded bikes for a bit, and I really liked the 350 EXC-F, very light feeling and great EFI throttle control like the FE Bergs. The suspension on the 350 EXC-F was quite a bit harsher and jumped around more in the really rocky stuff than the plush planted ride on my '11 390. The 350 is small and and I felt more cramped on it, almost like riding a KTM200. I'm 5-10, 205, 32 inseam.





It was a cold and super wet day, rained hard almost the whole time, so I didn't take many pix. Nice thing is the 'Bergs are submarines with air intake so high, so I had no problems even with the really deep "puddles".

This was a shallow one
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #1446
Navin
Unwounding
 
Navin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 6,670
So I decided to keep my 70 degree tank and went to reinstall it on my 300 mile 11 570 today. I go grab a drink after the looooong wrestling match I thought I won and there is a growing fuel puddle when I return minutes later.

Great.

It is pissin fuel out of both battery try bolts. One of the inserts had spun when the 5mm bolt (5mm, WTF?) got crossed up but the other didn't. I got it out with a pair of needle nose pliers underneath it and light prying but it did spin. Is there a fix on this? I can't explain why the other side, (right or high side, so it didn't leak over and just look wet) was leaking too.

Everytime I put a wrench to this bike my hatred of it just grows exponentionally.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #1447
Tarheel Wheeler
Around
 
Tarheel Wheeler's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: A53, NC
Oddometer: 3,630
LukasM, That thing looks crazy sick...nice job. We need a audio clip of it now.

Snapped a pic of my 2 for you guys. Blue bike is the winter rally bike project.

__________________
Adversity is the state in which man most easily becomes acquainted with himself, being especially free of admirers then. John Wooden

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #1448
Cruz
Lost but laughing.
 
Cruz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northside Brisbane, Qld Australia
Oddometer: 5,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin View Post
So I decided to keep my 70 degree tank and went to reinstall it on my 300 mile 11 570 today. I go grab a drink after the looooong wrestling match I thought I won and there is a growing fuel puddle when I return minutes later.

Great.

It is pissin fuel out of both battery try bolts. One of the inserts had spun when the 5mm bolt (5mm, WTF?) got crossed up but the other didn't. I got it out with a pair of needle nose pliers underneath it and light prying but it did spin. Is there a fix on this? I can't explain why the other side, (right or high side, so it didn't leak over and just look wet) was leaking too.

Everytime I put a wrench to this bike my hatred of it just grows exponentionally.
My right side battery tray thread did this also from brand new and was replaced under warranty. To me there is not enough plastic material where the threaded part is mounted, it is just the same thickness as the rest of the tank.

Have read of a rubber plug which has a thread inside it and when a screw is tightened it compresses the rubber against the inside of the tank and holds the tray securely.

There Is only slight weeping of fuel through the threaded part.

Remember this tank is not a Berg part.
__________________
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

George Carlin
Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #1449
Navin
Unwounding
 
Navin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 6,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Remember this tank is not a Berg part.
Oh I know but their design forced this upon owners, or the Safari and either seem a PITA to deal with.

Why they let this bike out like this is beyond me. The tank should have been a one piece INCLUDING the subframe. Picture them as one piece, remove the two spine to frame bolts, 2 lower subframe bolts, the front shroud to rad bolts and the single front tank bolt and the whole top lifts off, shrouds still attached and clearing the fan as it lifts off to the back. Battery and wiring off to the side under a pop off airbox style cover. This bike has 99% KTM content and is the most un-KTM bike when you disassemble it.

Thanks for the info, maybe they will do right by me and cover it.

Navin screwed with this post 12-04-2011 at 02:31 PM
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #1450
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 4,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin View Post
Oh I know but their design forced this upon owners, or the Safari and either seem a PITA to deal with.

Why they let this bike out like this is beyond me. The tank should have been a one piece INCLUDING the subframe. Picture them as one piece, remove the two spine to frame bolts, 2 lower subframe bolts, the front shroud to rad bolts and the single front tank bolt and the whole top lifts off, shrouds still attached and clearing the fan as it lifts off to the back. Battery and wiring off to the side under a pop off airbox style cover. This bike has 99% KTM content and is the most un-KTM bike when you disassemble it.

Thanks for the info, maybe they will do right by me and cover it.
I would give 70degree Racing a call or email them at sales@70degreeracing.com and see what they can do for you.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #1451
Navin
Unwounding
 
Navin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 6,670
I've emailed them and will give a few days for them to respond.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #1452
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer
 
chief_lee_visceral's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin View Post
Oh I know but their design forced this upon owners, or the Safari and either seem a PITA to deal with.
Fuel range on all bikes meant for enduro racing is about 70 miles and no more with OEM tanks.
__________________
-= Never put your finger where you wouldn't put your face =-.
chief_lee_visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #1453
Tarheel Wheeler
Around
 
Tarheel Wheeler's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: A53, NC
Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin View Post
Oh I know but their design forced this upon owners, or the Safari and either seem a PITA to deal with.

Why they let this bike out like this is beyond me. The tank should have been a one piece INCLUDING the subframe. Picture them as one piece, remove the two spine to frame bolts, 2 lower subframe bolts, the front shroud to rad bolts and the single front tank bolt and the whole top lifts off, shrouds still attached and clearing the fan as it lifts off to the back. Battery and wiring off to the side under a pop off airbox style cover. This bike has 99% KTM content and is the most un-KTM bike when you disassemble it.

Thanks for the info, maybe they will do right by me and cover it.
Sounds like you got it all figured out Navin. Let me know when your design is ready for public consumption.
__________________
Adversity is the state in which man most easily becomes acquainted with himself, being especially free of admirers then. John Wooden

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #1454
Navin
Unwounding
 
Navin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Oddometer: 6,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_lee_visceral View Post
Fuel range on all bikes meant for enduro racing is about 70 miles and no more with OEM tanks.

And that is easily corrected on 99% of them. Worse still is Husaberg left a gallon of dead air in a plastic tank under the seat!

Pulling off my rear subframe to get to my forward mounted throttle body is absurd. And yes, I've done it both ways, better to pull the muffler/subframe than the rad which you still have to mash to get the front tank off if you added the fan that you can't live without due to the trapped heat. Add either the 70 degree or Safari tanks and its just compounded.
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #1455
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BogeyMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: North Bay Area, CA
Oddometer: 425
Well, had some time on my hands this afternoon, so I thought I'd tear into the bike and give everything a good clean.

Here's the "emperor" with no clothes:



And...




This post sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
__________________
'06 BMW R1200GS - '11 Husaberg FE570S - http://photos.boggis.com

BogeyMan screwed with this post 12-04-2011 at 10:33 PM
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014