ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #136
Gramp-Z
Studly Adventurer
 
Gramp-Z's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Maple Valley , WA , USA
Oddometer: 752
klous-1 , don't change a thing ! Super good report . When reading a ride report and your heart rate changes as you read , that is a good writing . Can't hardly imagine some of the happenings you describe . Keep up the good work , I will be following along . Thanks !
__________________
Save yourself $5 us my SmugMug coupon b87YWgTeSWxEc
Couple volcanos , stonehenge and some peg scraping
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620436
Old Man plays with his Wee
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608068
Gramp-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #137
rednax
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rednax's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Gothenburg Sweden
Oddometer: 116
fully agree with what they say ! Donīt change a thing ! Just love it !!! ....and yeah, wr250, thatīs a very nice bike ! My son has the little Honda same as yours and frankly Itīs good heīs old enough to change now. This thing has had a lot of "breathing problems" Both air and bensin.On the positiv side though, it never fails to start..
rednax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #138
klous-1 OP
RTW on a 125cc
 
klous-1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramp-Z View Post
klous-1 , don't change a thing ! Super good report . When reading a ride report and your heart rate changes as you read , that is a good writing . Can't hardly imagine some of the happenings you describe . Keep up the good work , I will be following along . Thanks !
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
fully agree with what they say ! Donīt change a thing ! Just love it !!! ....and yeah, wr250, thatīs a very nice bike ! My son has the little Honda same as yours and frankly Itīs good heīs old enough to change now. This thing has had a lot of "breathing problems" Both air and bensin.On the positiv side though, it never fails to start..
Great! Cheers Gramp-z....and rednax! Really good to know! The Honda does at least start! But I sure am looking forward to getting a WR250 for the final (?) leg homeward (ish).

Thanks for the comments and for reading!
Nick
klous-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #139
sandalscout
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Clarksville, TN
Oddometer: 1,873
Nick, fantastic write up! Keep it coming.
__________________
ADV@LBL.ride - Dual Sport Rally at LBL May 2-4th 2014 - Get Out There!
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #140
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Antigua , Guatemala
Oddometer: 1,347
Great pics as always ! Seems you are gaining some weight: Did you learn how to cook or are you just getting older??
__________________
Guatemala-Alaska-Guatemala
GuateRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #141
klous-1 OP
RTW on a 125cc
 
klous-1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Nick, fantastic write up! Keep it coming.
Cheers matey! Will certainly keep it coming!!
klous-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #142
klous-1 OP
RTW on a 125cc
 
klous-1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
Great pics as always ! Seems you are gaining some weight: Did you learn how to cook or are you just getting older??
Nah, still can't cook....my pantry's a bit thin on the ground too....I've been eating out in Peru for lunch as it's cheap! TO be honest though, I think it's just the luck ofthe camera shot, some I look skinny, some I look a fatty, but I bet I still weigh the same old same old 68kg I always do!

Cheers for looking Julio....and I need to catch up on your trip too! Hope it's going great!
klous-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #143
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Antigua , Guatemala
Oddometer: 1,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by klous-1 View Post

Cheers for looking Julio....and I need to catch up on your trip too! Hope it's going great!
It's going great so far, made it to Arctic Circle yesterday
__________________
Guatemala-Alaska-Guatemala
GuateRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #144
klous-1 OP
RTW on a 125cc
 
klous-1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
It's going great so far, made it to Arctic Circle yesterday
Hope you've got a good sleeping bag...got a couple of good pillows at least

klous-1 screwed with this post 08-10-2012 at 02:22 PM
klous-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #145
klous-1 OP
RTW on a 125cc
 
klous-1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 193
Chasing Dakar

Chasing Dakar, the deserts of Peru....


klous-1 screwed with this post 08-10-2012 at 02:22 PM
klous-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #146
RobBD
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 290
Love that pic
RobBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #147
AleXtz
Minimal2 the fulness
 
AleXtz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Volcanos of Mex. City
Oddometer: 66
enjoying the pictures of the roads you have picked to travel, and even more the way of writing your chronicle. I was amazed the way it turned on Ecuador. The problem i see is that there is little time to introduce yourself to the former or local authorities when you set your camping tent.

Sometimes, local or native girls choose not to talk to strangers because a matter of respect among her commuinity. I think it was not up to you the way she behaved towards the "gringo ingles"

By the way, there is a Ybr off road version called xtz125. Imagine your old Rudolph on 18" and 21"... i see you went to the honda side...

Thanx for sharing this journey!
__________________
2008 Suzuki DR200SE
2008 Yamaha XTZ 125

2+1 months living in Oaxaca's sierras and beaches:
http://motoviajero.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2695
AleXtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #148
klous-1 OP
RTW on a 125cc
 
klous-1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 193
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleXtz View Post
enjoying the pictures of the roads you have picked to travel, and even more the way of writing your chronicle. I was amazed the way it turned on Ecuador. The problem i see is that there is little time to introduce yourself to the former or local authorities when you set your camping tent.

Sometimes, local or native girls choose not to talk to strangers because a matter of respect among her commuinity. I think it was not up to you the way she behaved towards the "gringo ingles"

By the way, there is a Ybr off road version called xtz125. Imagine your old Rudolph on 18" and 21"... i see you went to the honda side...

Thanx for sharing this journey!
Hi Alex,

Thanks for taking the time to have a look, and glad you like it!

Yeah, the episode in Ecuador was a bad one! I think a lot to do with lack of knowledge on both sides, them of travellers in general and 'spies' and me with not realising that white people were legally outlawed there. It's nice to have permission to camp, but to have to do that everyday is a right pain too, and usually I try to avoid the authorities as one only introduces oneself to a possability of fairly stupid questions. It wasn't like I was sneaking around to find camp, I stuck it right by the road when the rain came! Alas....

I did want the XTZ, the only problem there was Yamaha weren't willing to match the Honda price, 15% or so difference, also the Honda already had the rear rack to build from...and I thought the Honda would be top drawer....And yes, I do think of Rudy on big wheels almost every day, I see a few of them (XTZs) and always look forlornly at them, usually as they overtake me on a hill....you live, you learn! I see you have one, lucky chap! I actually wantewd that bike from the very beginning of my trip, money decided that then too! I guess you get what you pay for!

You are right about the females not being able to talk to other men. I don't think it was that, if it's the one I recall we are talking about. I'll think about that though, perhaps she was just plain busy working, or maybe I forgot to introduce myself correctly. Hard to say really. As well, in reality, when I keep a careful record or memory of the good peopel I meet, they far outnumber the negative experiences....hard to remember that sometimes though!

Cheers again Alex, and appreciate the comments, things to think about....
Nick
klous-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #149
klous-1 OP
RTW on a 125cc
 
klous-1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBD View Post
Love that pic
Cheers Rob....a flipping great place! Had some fun there!
klous-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #150
crashmaster
ow, my balls!
 
crashmaster's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Girdweed, AK
Oddometer: 4,889
Bienvenidos a los Andes, gringo.

Epic stuff in Peru my friend, you did the right thing by staying in the Andes. Quite a trip eh?

Once again, excellent writing and fotos. When you were talking about your interactions with people I was remembering things that happened to me and was laughing my ass off. Thoroughly enjoying your blog.

Julio and Luisa were here last week and I think I gained about 15 pounds. How did you not get fat staying at their place?

Que le vaya bien, gringo.

Vin
__________________
Riding the Americas:
No Fumar Espaņol
- Terminado.
_____________________________________________

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014