Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #76
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,247
Why the lack of interest? I've been a Yamaha fan since the DT-1 but in todays economy I am on a DR diet. It could be worse, I could still be riding a DT, or worse yet a KLR.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #77
690Emaf10
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
I was at my local dealer yesterday and they had a poster of one on the wall. I guess it doesn't mean it is coming to the states but it is a pretty good indication.
690Emaf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #78
BigSingle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
I love my KLR it's way better than my old TS185..

Our country was founded by radicals with guns. The day that ideal dies our country dies with it.
BigSingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #79
Brummbär
Pathfinder

Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasniewski View Post

EDIT: On the original topic, not going to sign any petition b/c I won't buy a $9,000 thumper. Just got a used KLR, can't imagine trading it unless the the Tenere had huge power and good economy... and it doesn't sound like it does.
He he Guys, only to the knowledge:

-9000$ are 6238€ (at the moment!!)
-Price for the Tenere last Year in Germany: 7500€ (mine!)
-Inspection 1000km - 120€, 10000 - 220€, 20000 - 320€ (Yamaha!)
-gasoline consumption 3,8 to 5,5ltr (max Speed/Winter)
-consumption with Alucases/two bags (during two weeks in scotland) 4,5ltr
-moves like a tank through the area at low speed

Ok, ok, 48hp and 160km max. Speed doesn´t sound much, but everyone has his own preferences and in the right hands even a piece of paper becomes a weapon...!!

Give these guys a chance and sign it..

XT600K ´93 89.000km
XT660Z ´09 33.333km
Brummbär is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #80
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,592
signed..........................bring it on!

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #81
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,443
Just incase you need any more motivation...

Sign, and this could be you!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #82
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,443
Ooooooooooh, another Tenere thread full of "oh - it's too heavy" "oh - it hasn't got enough power" "oh - it's too expensive" blah blah blah...

Numbers are shit.

In stock form it pisses all over the current KLR, which is it's only direct rival in the US...

And here's a photo just for Speed Daddy x

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #83
flyjay
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
signed

#244 bring another thumper over.
flyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #84
Brummbär
Pathfinder

Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Ooooooooooh, another Tenere thread full of "oh - it's too heavy" "oh - it hasn't got enough power" "oh - it's too expensive" blah blah blah...

Numbers are shit.

In stock form it pisses all over the current KLR, which is it's only direct rival in the US...

Jx

Nothing more to say...

XT600K ´93 89.000km
XT660Z ´09 33.333km
Brummbär is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #85
Krasniewski
I don't ride much.

Oddometer: 1,215
I don't think anyone here is saying that a KLR is a better bike, but come on, to say things like power, weight, and price don't matter is a bit of a stretch.

At double the price of a KLR, the Tenere isn't exactly competing. The price and performance is closer to a KTM 690 in some form, no?

Not trying to be johnny raincloud here - it IS a sweet looking bike, I'm just saying I'm not going to sign a petition since I'm not in the market.

I wonder how many of you who signed would ACTUALLY put pen to paper and take the bike home in 2011 if she came stateside, or are just signing b/c it's a sweet bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post

Numbers are shit.

Jx
Krasniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #86
BigSingle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
The way I see it.
Yamahaha already makes it.
Yamahaha already ships several bikes here.
Why not give us the option to have this one?
Even if they only shipped them as sold units.

I have friends that have gone to Canada and Mexico to buy vehicles that aren't available here. Wouldn't it be more profitable for them to just give us the option?

This is supposed to be the land of the free and yet we are the most limited when it comes to imports.

If I can have a 200hp 200mph crotch cricket why not this?

Ever Hayabusa comes with a spatula to scape your ass off the highway and yet they will sell them to guys that are buying their first bike.

If you don't want one that's fine but don't bring down the guys that do. Help them get one.

just my $0.02

Our country was founded by radicals with guns. The day that ideal dies our country dies with it.
BigSingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #87
Pcfly OP
Dude?! Seriously??

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasniewski View Post
I wonder how many of you who signed would ACTUALLY put pen to paper and take the bike home in 2011 if she came stateside, or are just signing b/c it's a sweet bike.
I think your right, how many would actually buy in 2011? The truth is, it's not about 2011.....it's about 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and so on. The truth is, it's about choice and not necessarily the choice now but whats to come. If Yamaha doesn't want to be left behind the times, they should......and I truly believe they WILL.......bring the Tenere to the USA. They not only increase market share but name recognition.......and that's half the battle!! Yes this bike is something new.....it's a niche bike, in a niche market with a lot to offer that isn't niche. Those whom don't see it, it's because your not looking hard enough at the problem. The Tenere brings to the market, and especially the US market, a thumper with quality built, reliability, simplicity, range, fuel economy, comfort and Enduro ergo's thats well ahead of whats available here! The KLR (great bike).....isn't fuel injected. The G650GS.....4 gallon fuel range. VStrom......not built with off-road in mind. The Tenere looks the bit (which is half what sells bikes), has utility, commutability and easy of use to a new rider or a seasoned vet!

SO, it would be interesting to know how many on the list would ACTUALLY buy?!! HOWEVER, how many more, not even on this list, whom don't know about the list, whom are not even on ADVrider.com or whom may not even have straightened the handlebars and uprighted a bike in their entire life would ACTUALLY buy?!

It's not just about this list.....I think I've said this before.

If you need more credibility about the Tenere......listen to these guys.--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5d-nX4Q66A They take a couple of quality bikes off-road and do a simple review.
Pcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #88
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,592
I'd buy it and dump my KLR in a heart beat

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #89
simonpig
packin' heat

Oddometer: 1,080
Look super f'ing cool and futuristic, but I wouldn't buy it. Its too heavy, and my god...what's up with the traditional forks... I'm sure its a nice bike but I don't perceive it to be much of a performer.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:50 AM   #90
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,128
Well yet another case of "wish I knew then what I knew now!!!" I bought my Uly through AAFES in Germany and somehow managed to not get the shipping documents signed by Transportation Dept in Heidelberg. So when got back to the states was told that I would have to have my bike certified for US registration at customs at DFW airport, ie emissions, sound the whole nine yards. Well I get to the customs office and tell them I need to register my bike I brought back from Europe. He asks for my USAREUR registration, matches VIN on paper to VIN on bike and hands me the paperwork. Yeah very easily brought anything back like an XT660.