ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,802
Talking Spo/Cda Meet Up thread

Road Ride
Since the snow insists on keeping us out of the mountains let's go for a road ride and have lunch.



May 21, 2011


Destination Sprag Pole Tavern
Murray, ID
Best milk shakes around

Two meeting places and times to accomodate both E. WA & N. ID

Eastern Washington Meet:
9:30 AM
Conoco Station (used to be Shell)
Mission between Argonne and Mullan
Spokane Valley, WA

From there we will ride to CdA to meet with N. ID

North Idaho Meet:
10:00 AM
Tesoro Station
I-90 exit 15 (Fernan Exit)
Coeur d' Alene, ID

If you have never been to the Sprag Pole it's a destination not to be missed. It's the only tavern I know of that hosts a full sized museum in the backroom.



NEW for our Area: Tag-O-Rama check it out and grab a tag.

Let's continue to get together every few weeks through out the winter just to help relieve cabin fever. We can keep this thread going with chit chat and I'll keep the first post update with where we will meet next. With post one with the current meet up location, date and time you can check it at any time to see what's happening next.


If anyone has a place you want to go, and/or a date and time that works best for you, post it up.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2011 Events
and Fun things to do




Hells Canyon/Wallowa Valley Gathering, Enterprize, OR, June 16 - 19, 2011 (My favorite ) This one is a must do http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622989


AMA Yamaha Super Ténéré National Adventure Riding Series
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15638069#post15638069


Westfest - Darby, MT, July 22-24, 2011: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652863


North Idaho Selkirks Rally, AUGUST 12-14, 2011 Black Dog Cycle Works and enduro360.com
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622989


Wetfest - Sept. 9-11, 2011, Bend, OR http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624128

Ladybug0048 screwed with this post 05-19-2011 at 12:03 PM
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..
 
PNW Buttercup's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Livin' the Illusion... PNW
Oddometer: 1,757
I LOVE FIZZIES~! Now let's see if I can get a babysitter for a bit....
__________________
~ if you have nothing nice to say, at least have the Decency to be vague..~
~ the measure of your life will not be what you accumulate, but in what you give away.~
~ be the change you want to see in this world -- Gandhi
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Sagle, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,475
I'd like to come out and meet you guys, but won't be able to make this one. I'm heading down to Bend to pick up a bike. Maybe next time.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
WU7X
The Old Fart
 
WU7X's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Spoke Can, WA
Oddometer: 1,967
I'm IN!

Nanc may not be able to make it again, dang!

I'm hoping the roads clear up so that I can ride in.

Hey Buttercup, C U there! I'll buy a pitcher or two to celebrate my son's wedding last Sunday!

I'll tell Jurgen, and hope SPOWA sees this thread.

Dale, the OLD, OLD fart.
__________________
"Seika" - 2013 DL650 + DMC M72D Sidecar
"Gracie" - 1983 R100RT 60th Anniversary Edition
"Dusty" 2011 Adventurized 4Runner
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag
 
dillon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Spokavegas, WA.
Oddometer: 1,657
let me think about it... I really dont like hanging out with you lot...
__________________
I do stupid stuff, brace yourself...
dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:02 AM   #6
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Buttercup View Post
I LOVE FIZZIES~! Now let's see if I can get a babysitter for a bit....
Let them watch each other, how much trouble could they get into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
I'd like to come out and meet you guys, but won't be able to make this one. I'm heading down to Bend to pick up a bike. Maybe next time.
New bike? Did someone say new bike? What are you getting? Pictures please.

Hopefully you can make the next one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WU7X View Post
Nanc may not be able to make it again, dang!

I'm hoping the roads clear up so that I can ride in.

Hey Buttercup, C U there! I'll buy a pitcher or two to celebrate my son's wedding last Sunday!

I'll tell Jurgen, and hope SPOWA sees this thread.

Dale, the OLD, OLD fart.
The forecast for the weekend wasn't looking so good for riding. The roads might clear up a bit but the cold weather coming in will coat them with a nice layer of ice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
let me think about it... I really dont like hanging out with you lot...
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer
 
Kootenai Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Hong Kong for now. Idaho before and later
Oddometer: 2,263
I won't make this one.... Been in China since last Sunday....supposed to come on Sunday, but might have to push the trip out longer... ugh... I'm soo tired right now... This wasn't a planned trip by the way.
__________________
Like most great inventions, it is fantastic when used for its intended purpose, but in the hands of a villain, or worse, an idiot, it wreaks havoc.... - A-bone

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Sagle, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,475
Quote:
New bike? Did someone say new bike? What are you getting? Pictures please.

Hopefully you can make the next one.
I should have specified "new to me" bike...sorry.

It's this one: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ighlight=dr650

Unloading at my place is going to get interesting, 2' of snow on the ground, driveway is a sheet of ice. Maybe I need to keep it in the back of the truck till we get a decent day.

LB, is there going to be a TTT ride next year? I really like the Wallace area.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #9
JOURNEY ON 2
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Spokane
Oddometer: 39
I'll be there, will try to bring the wife too. Need to brag about my new bike! Gary
JOURNEY ON 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
WU7X
The Old Fart
 
WU7X's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Spoke Can, WA
Oddometer: 1,967
Maybe you should leave it at my place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
I should have specified "new to me" bike...sorry.

It's this one: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ighlight=dr650

Unloading at my place is going to get interesting, 2' of snow on the ground, driveway is a sheet of ice. Maybe I need to keep it in the back of the truck till we get a decent day.

LB, is there going to be a TTT ride next year? I really like the Wallace area.
I have the driveway shoveled off. Will let you have it back next Nov.
__________________
"Seika" - 2013 DL650 + DMC M72D Sidecar
"Gracie" - 1983 R100RT 60th Anniversary Edition
"Dusty" 2011 Adventurized 4Runner
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
I won't make this one.... Been in China since last Sunday....supposed to come on Sunday, but might have to push the trip out longer... ugh... I'm soo tired right now... This wasn't a planned trip by the way.
Ah heck, I knew you were in China. I was stalking you on Facebook. Have fun, see you when you get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
I should have specified "new to me" bike...sorry.

It's this one: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ighlight=dr650

Unloading at my place is going to get interesting, 2' of snow on the ground, driveway is a sheet of ice. Maybe I need to keep it in the back of the truck till we get a decent day.

LB, is there going to be a TTT ride next year? I really like the Wallace area.
Nice bike and we'll be looking forward to seeing it come riding season.

TTT? Well, I have a couple ideas rattling around in my mind but I haven't made a complete decission yet. The chance of a TTT in July is very high. I like the Wallace area too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JOURNEY ON 2 View Post
I'll be there, will try to bring the wife too. Need to brag about my new bike! Gary
It'll be nice to be able to meet your wife. Now about that new bike? Are you going to make us wait until Sat. to find out what you got? Is it orange? Did you sip the Kool-Aid?
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #12
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..
 
PNW Buttercup's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Livin' the Illusion... PNW
Oddometer: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
TTT? Well, I have a couple ideas rattling around in my mind but I haven't made a complete decision yet. The chance of a TTT in July is very high. I like the Wallace area too.
Chance? are you kidding me?! There will be no "chances" it is, it will always be...




however I am not opposed to adding more dates and locations .... I love exploring....! Matter of fact I'm thinking a Montana jaunt in August....???
__________________
~ if you have nothing nice to say, at least have the Decency to be vague..~
~ the measure of your life will not be what you accumulate, but in what you give away.~
~ be the change you want to see in this world -- Gandhi
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister
 
Ladybug0048's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
Oddometer: 10,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Buttercup View Post
Chance? are you kidding me?! There will be no "chances" it is, it will always be...




however I am not opposed to adding more dates and locations .... I love exploring....! Matter of fact I'm thinking a Montana jaunt in August....???
Your little tappy foot doesn't scare me

As far as Montana goes it's just a hop, skip and a pop over the mountain while at the TTT. Check out the Rockies region and see if anything is going on in W. MT. No need to re-invent the wheel if the wheel is already rolling...........
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:08 PM   #14
SPOWA
SofaKing
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Spokane Washington
Oddometer: 48
I will be there and am still talking Alice into it. I am not going to spill the beans about Garys new bike other than it is awesome and it is white. Let your imaginations run wild. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Larry (SofaKing)
SPOWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #15
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..
 
PNW Buttercup's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Livin' the Illusion... PNW
Oddometer: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
As far as Montana goes it's just a hop, skip and a pop over the mountain while at the TTT. Check out the Rockies region and see if anything is going on in W. MT. No need to re-invent the wheel if the wheel is already rolling...........
ah but there is more exploring to do... in Madison County: Personalized tour, private guide (big enough to pick up the bike - should it tip over) Can Fish, shoot (for supper if needed)... and previous EMT training... You remember the goofy guy with the 70s helmet?
__________________
~ if you have nothing nice to say, at least have the Decency to be vague..~
~ the measure of your life will not be what you accumulate, but in what you give away.~
~ be the change you want to see in this world -- Gandhi
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014