ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2010, 01:00 AM   #31
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Larry and Gary - - - Making us wait until tomorrow until we get to find out what that white bike is? OK fine but remember, pay back.

Kootenai Rider - - - Did you find an XR650L?

Lu lives in Beijing
His shop is called Motorway
798 art district at Da Shan Zi

I found a thread on a forum talking about it:
http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?2072-New-Shop-and-Garage-in-Beijing
The last post indicates the shop is difficult to find

Here's where he posted some of the pics of the shop:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495330&page=181

His website is:
http://www.527motor.com/ I couldn't read it. If I recall correct what he told me is the 527 looks like chinese characters basically saying "I love to ride".

I don't know how far Beijing is from Hong Kong but if you are able to go find a ladybug some where along the way to take him. He'll know it came from Bug Sister.

Lu is a kick it would be so cool if you got to meet him. I think you were in China when he was here or some other country.
Thanks for the info on Lu's shop, looks like a great shop. Unfortunately I'm a 3 hr plane flight from him.

An no, no a XR650L I don't want the L..... thats like drinking decaffinated coffee. I want a R model.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #32
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,757
see you all there... I may be a bit late... juggling kids and such, plus I have to make a run out to Westside sports for my ATV plow.
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #33
SPOWA
SofaKing

Oddometer: 48
Buttercup, How many kids can you keep up in the air at one time? I can relate to the ATV snowplow, that is the only way we have been able to get out of our driveway this year. See everybody later today.

Larry (SofaKing)
SPOWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #34
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
I might be up north later today. I'll stop by and say hi if so.
2005 KLR650 - The KLR
2010 R1200RT - The Ultimate Touring Machine
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #35
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,797
Kootenai Rider
Bummer that you are so far away from Lu's shop but isn't that about the way that type of thing work so close but yet so far away.

DUH on the L vs R model. I keep forgetting you're in Idaho and will be able to plate on R. But does the R have electric start these days? I'm so far behind on my motorcycle knowledge anymore.

A-1-9, There you go, a definite maybe..... Works for me. See you there if you make it.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #36
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer: 1,657
It was really cool see all the Adventure Drivers again
Maybe next time around someone other than myself will ride, I mean I only had to slide the tail around a few corners
Old 12-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #37
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Kootenai Rider
Bummer that you are so far away from Lu's shop but isn't that about the way that type of thing work so close but yet so far away.

DUH on the L vs R model. I keep forgetting you're in Idaho and will be able to plate on R. But does the R have electric start these days? I'm so far behind on my motorcycle knowledge anymore.

A-1-9, There you go, a definite maybe..... Works for me. See you there if you make it.

No Button.... I'll be kickin'....used to it though...

Old 12-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #38
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,475
I hope you guys and gals all had fun. Sounds like I missed the first nice weekend, weather wise, in a while. I made the trip to Bend to pick up a bike, it's in the back of the truck now. I bought it from "littlebull" here, LB, I understand she knows you.

Just got back from the Deschuttes Brewery, where I had dinner and a touch of liquid refreshment. I highly recommend their Abyss Stout. hic.

Weather was spectacular leaving NID and EWA, clear, sunny skies over a white landscape. Made it to Pasco, where it turned overcast. Then snow once I turned onto 97. There's a couple inches of hardpacked snow and ice on the roads here in Bend. Pi**ed me off, thought I'd ride the new toy around town, out to dinner, etc. Seems too much like home, as far as weather is concerned.

Hey, I have a question for you all. Anyone familiar with "state line road", souheast of Wallace? I think it's FS391? I've run it from Taft to the Shefoot area, it's a nice road for a rookie DS rider to that point. How is it further south/east? I'd like to run it to the St. Joe River road if it's a fairly easy ride all the way.

Thanks all, have a great time. Hope there aren't too many typos...like I said, I recommend the Abyss Stout.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #39
PNW Buttercup
Dancing with dirt roads..

Oddometer: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
It was really cool see all the Adventure Drivers again
Maybe next time around someone other than myself will ride, I mean I only had to slide the tail around a few corners

>>>fair weather rider here... you'll be solo until the snow melts

you will find Dillon, as you age... the self-preservation grows in leaps and bounds... us older folks take a bit longer to heal... still dealing with a shoulder issue from a year ago for example....

Good to see all of you tonight -- sorry to be so standoffish -- it was in the best interest of your health.
PNW Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:01 AM   #40
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Ahhhhh Dillon you laugh all you want . . . been there, done that, learned my lessons. It's cold out there and I don't like cold. Besides you had to head for home before it got dark mean while PNW Buttercup and I enjoy visiting for a while long then went out for dessert.

SPOWA, thanks for the flower that was the best surprise. I'll take a picture of it and post it up, maybe tomorrow.

IdahoRenagade, yep I know littlbull, that's cool that you got her bike. What did she replace it with?

How's Sunday the 19th for the next meet up. Kootenai Rider will be back and have a day to rest up and maybe IdahoRenagade will be around to come meet us. Don't know where yet but I'll come up with something.

And the new bike on the block belonging to JOURNEY ON 2 is a mighty pretty white bike. He promissed pictures and he brought them on his camera. It's a mighty nice new BMW F800.

It was nice seeing everyone. Thanks for giving me a reason to get out of the house this weekend.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #41
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Yes I did head out early, Im brave, not foolish
Old 12-05-2010, 02:36 AM   #42
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
How's Sunday the 19th for the next meet up. Kootenai Rider will be back and have a day to rest up and maybe IdahoRenagade will be around to come meet us. Don't know where yet but I'll come up with something.
19th sounds good... I like you Sherry, always thinking of us that aren't there. I'll bring my camera.

What is the Outta Sight Racing fund raiser up to?

Pics?

Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #43
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
Yes I did head out early, Im brave, not foolish
Make sure you keep it that way. I wouldn't want anything to happen to our very favorite Dillon. It's good to have you back with us again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
19th sounds good... I like you Sherry, always thinking of us that aren't there. I'll bring my camera.

What is the Outta Sight Racing fund raiser up to?

Pics?
For this one I failed ~ no pictures and we didn't do the raffle or 50/50. We'll do it the 19th though.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #44
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,776
Oops, missed this one - but it nice and warm here in Phoenix

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #45
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

For the location of the next meet I vote O'Doherty's...