User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Quickly OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Some links wanted please

So my Mum is set to become redundant, she's selling her house, and has decided she'd like to do some tours. She has a bike and is quite competent riding it, but not at all confident. I've done a bit in the past so I said I would get some information together. But I've always planned everything myself - whether on a bike or otherwise - I've never gone on an organised tour/holiday/whatever.

There are many, many companies advertising on the internet. I'm looking for recommendations of British-based training centres (to help build confidence) and tour operators, (she'd be looking to go anywhere around Europe, in two or three trips of 3 or 4 weeks at a time).

Hope you can help,
Quickly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
catweasel67
Banned

Oddometer: 8,104
I'd suggest bmw's off road skils course for chicks, your local MAG and Patsy Quick's company (you can google all).

I'm ex-MAG (I moved abroad) but haven't done either the BMW or Patsy's courses but they're on my list.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,773
World of BMW run on-road rider training courses alongside their off-road skills courses in Wales. They got me through my test a few years back and seemed pretty competent.

Before getting my own bike I used Munchner Freiheit, and KTM Adventure Tours for short tours. I went through the planning process for a longer (5 week) tour with Globebusters and can recommend them highly; Julia is great.

Edit. Globebusters don't do Europe but it's only a matter of confidence and finance to go further afield. If your Mum does the BMW training, Globebsueters is next door; she can drop in for a cuppa.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
robbeach
Rob

Oddometer: 63
Have a look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickly View Post
tour operators, (she'd be looking to go anywhere around Europe, in two or three trips of 3 or 4 weeks at a time).
Hope you can help,
Have your mother take a peek at www.bmca.com - if there is anything there that strikes her fancy we will take very good care of her!

Cheers,
Rob Beach

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives." - Braveheart
robbeach is offline   Reply With Quote