User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Pac_Man OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Riding from Vancouver, BC to Portland - Best gear store on route

My GF and I are riding down to Oregon for a quick 3 day getaway. She is in need of a new pair of riding pants and were thinking of stopping somewhere to look/try on etc etc

We would order online, but trying to get the right size online is like playing Russian Roulette.

Does anyone know of a store that has a good selection of gear?

Cheers

Martin
2008 KLR 650 - Sold :(
AF&AM
Pac_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
c4nuck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
I just did a trip from Houston, TX, up to Surrey. Went right past Mission.

I had some issues with my bluetooth on the way up and stopped at Skagit Powersports on my way back south. Excellent customer service, and a big selection of riding gear, I bought a couple things. If you're going south on I-5, definitely stop in.

BC-->TX-->Carribean
c4nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
c4nuck
Gnarly Adventurer

And there's always Touratech in Seattle, not sure what they have in store, they were closed when I rode past.

BC-->TX-->Carribean
Old 08-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #4
the_gr8t_waldo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,024
there's a "cycle gear" store right off the interstate in Tacoma(Tacoma mall area)...and also right off I5,eagle leather. ( south end of town)eagle leather in general, is geared towards cruisers and cycle gear towards rocketeers. but if just trying on sizes, might be the best to sample many without many stops.. you just missed areostich had what they call a "pop up" in Portland last weekend
the_gr8t_waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
Pac_Man OP
Adventurer

Thanks guys for all the input. I was going to go down to the Motorcycle Superstore outlet in Medford, Oregon. I quick online recce chat with their customer service and was told the store front closed a couple of years ago!!

C4nuck, why would anyone want to go to Surrey??
AF&AM
Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
velocity
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Seattle Cycle Center at 100th St and Aurora AVE N in Seattle is a nice gear-only store with a decent selection of low to mid price gear.

South Sound BMW in Fife is right off ı-5 near Tacoma carries Olympia and some high end gear.

I bought a winter riding suit from Eagle Leather, and found their selection and customer service better than expected.
velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:44 AM   #7
c4nuck
Gnarly Adventurer

(north delta) That's where I'm from. Dad moved a block over the border into Surrey a couple years ago.

Kind of funny coming from a guy in Mission, no?

BC-->TX-->Carribean
Old 08-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #8
Double H
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac_Man View Post
My GF and I are riding down to Oregon for a quick 3 day getaway. She is in need of a new pair of riding pants and were thinking of stopping somewhere to look/try on etc etc

We would order online, but trying to get the right size online is like playing Russian Roulette.

Does anyone know of a store that has a good selection of gear?

Cheers

Martin
Skagit Power Sports in Burlington WA. Next to I-5 easy acess.
Double H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #9
Phineas Whipsnake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Bob Lanphere's Beaverton Motorcycles just south of Portland has a huge selection of gear. Right off I-5. Good place to try on stuff, good prices, too.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #10
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
Everett Power Sports

http://www.everettpowersports.com/

215 SW Everett Mall Way, Everett, WA 98204
425) 347-4545

I worked here for 7 months a couple years ago between trips. 3 minutes off of I-5, great selection of women's pants. Sale going on now through the weekend as well.

I'd recommend stopping by.
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #11
some call me...tim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Triumph of Seattle (aka Lynnwood Cycle Barn) has impressed me with their selection and their prices. They don't list anything on their website, but when I've been in there and browsed around, their prices are better than anything I've seen online. And it's good stuff too, like Klim and Rev'it, not Joe Rocket and the like. It's not too far off the highway, maybe 10 minutes or so. They also have a sister store, Smokey Point Cycle Barn that's right off the freeway, but I've never been in so don't know how their prices selection compare.
some call me...tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #12
yatman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
btw CYVR and Portland

..well...this fellow (me) found that Battleground, Wa is home to Trail Tech (trailtech.net) and Gerbings is in Tumwater, Wa...

Both have exchanged resonable $$ for good gear...
yatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #13
eff naked teeth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Coming from BC, your first good selection will be at Skagit Powersports in Burlington. Super easy access to and from I-5 should that be your route. Next on the way down is Lifestyles Honda in Mount Vernon, about ten minutes further south. Not a good selection really and last time I was there the service wasn't that great. Another 25 minutes south of that there is Smokey Pointe Cyclebarn. Pretty good selection there. Then fifteen minutes south of that, as another poster mentioned, is Everett Powersports, which also has a good selection. I believe there is also a Cycle Gear store in Lynnwood on 196th, but its been a while since I've been that way.

Not sure what you are looking for or sizes, but my wife is pregnant and so will not be riding pillion anytime soon and her gear could be sold.
eff naked teeth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:43 PM   #14
CordR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Hey Martin,

Good choice on not online shopping, especially with ladies clothing. My wife had a helluva time finding pants that worked.....it does seem like most of the women's clothing is an afterthought and/or built for a 12 yr old.

Everyone has already pitched in with good options. I like stopping off in Lynnwood as there are 2 stores fairly close to each other.

I bought a pair of Triumph Explorer pants at Lynnwood Cycle Barn (Triumph of Seattle) for about 1/2 price.

I've also bought KTM parts at Lynwood Motoplex where they have Yamaha, KTM, Victory, Indian etc.

Two decent size stores fairly close to each other so you should be able to find something.

But all the other suggestions seem good as well.

C
CordR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM   #15
Pac_Man OP
Adventurer

Thanks everyone for your help. We decided to stop off and give Cycle Gear in Lynnwood and found a pair of pants that fit!!

What a great ride, this was her first trip and I think that she would do it again, but maybe with more stops alone the way. Thursday nights stop was at McMinimins Grand Lodge. What an amazing place!! A turn of the century Masonic House that McMinimins took over and made a trendy hotel. At $45 a night it was definitely an experience to remember. The next day we popped over to Portland, danced all night at a 80's Video Party at the Crystal Ballroom, then walked down to Voodoo dounts and finally back to the Hilton (Military discount made it a $125 room!!)

Thanks big brother to the south for your cheap dairy products, gas and alcohol. One thing I could do without is the traffic around Seattle, Tacoma and Olympia and the fact that EVERYONE talks or texts on their cellphones when driving.

Cheers
AF&AM