ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #91
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer: 2,583
bump for me trying to get one of the early goldendale meets off
Old 01-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #92
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,253
Hope you guys are out riding getting in shape..... We had some great weather and rode both days here on the dry side.... going to ride every weekend there's decent weather here for the rest of the season....

First big race is the 6 hour race March 6th...gotta be ready....

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #93
Luke OP
GPoET&P

Oddometer: 4,036
Not yet, but I just got my bike back together. I have a little more fussing to do to it, but it runs.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:48 AM   #94
Luke OP
GPoET&P

Update bump.

Things are happening. I just found out the pre-entry for the China Hat ISDE is now open. (as of half an hour ago)

Go here: http://www.lobosmc.com/ to sign up online. Unlike other races, this one often fills up and there is no way to enter at the race itself, so if you want to do it sign up online and do it soon. The deadline is April 11th, (one week before the race) or when they get 350 entries.

BTW, on the sign-up there's a choice of amateur or expert schedule. That has to do with the timekeeping part of the race. Just choose the correct one for your class. (Unless you're in 40 expert class, then you apparently get to choose either. )
Old 02-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #95
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 932
Number plate backing color

When I bought my numbers and backing from Decal works, I thought I would use the yellow backing for the amateur class, but would like to run the beginner class for the first few races. Will there be a problem in running that yellow backing in the beginner class? Thanks!
2004 KTM 200 EXC
mtbdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #96
Luke OP
GPoET&P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdemon View Post
When I bought my numbers and backing from Decal works, I thought I would use the yellow backing for the amateur class, but would like to run the beginner class for the first few races. Will there be a problem in running that yellow backing in the beginner class? Thanks!

Yes, they get pretty thingy about the color. Mostly because there are different classes all running the same race and it's important that the racers can tell each other apart while racing.

Beaverton Bob's has generic background sheets and numbers that are pretty cheap. Finding letters is a pain, but I have some spares from a set if you want them. Your class letter is C, right?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #97
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Yes, they get pretty thingy about the color. Mostly because there are different classes all running the same race and it's important that the racers can tell each other apart while racing.

Beaverton Bob's has generic background sheets and numbers that are pretty cheap. Finding letters is a pain, but I have some spares from a set if you want them. Your class letter is C, right?
Yes, but perhaps I should just run that class and age and take my lumps although the fun factor would be less as I don't think I would be competitive...Something to think about I guess........
2004 KTM 200 EXC
Old 02-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #98
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,395
Quote:
Yes, but perhaps I should just run that class and age and take my lumps although the fun factor would be less as I don't think I would be competitive...Something to think about I guess........
So you're gonna run Amateur just because you don't want to change your background?? Sorry. But you do realize that you'll probably ruin those backgrounds the first time you attach (and then pull off) the pre printed numbers they make for certain events such as desert 100 or China Hat or Devils Head?? Not to mention the damage that'll happen if you fall down. Amateur in OMRA is the largest class and believe me there are some sandbaggers in there fighting having to move up in class...so it can be very competitive.
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #99
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,457
I have been asked to be part of a team for the 6 hour race... I keep saying no cause I wanna live
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #100
mtbdemon
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
So you're gonna run Amateur just because you don't want to change your background?? Sorry. But you do realize that you'll probably ruin those backgrounds the first time you attach (and then pull off) the pre printed numbers they make for certain events such as desert 100 or China Hat or Devils Head?? Not to mention the damage that'll happen if you fall down. Amateur in OMRA is the largest class and believe me there are some sandbaggers in there fighting having to move up in class...so it can be very competitive.
Not sure that's what I said-From my experience, there are sandbaggers in almost every class.
I bought the type of background that has my number in the background. I won't be doing that much racing anyway so I will stay in Amateur....
2004 KTM 200 EXC
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #101
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,395
Quote:
Not sure that's what I said-From my experience, there are sandbaggers in almost every class.
I bought the type of background that has my number in the background. I won't be doing that much racing anyway so I will stay in Amateur....
Oh, sorry, I must have misread your post

If you are just wanting to run the beginners as a pie-plate entry, then you'd just cover the yellow background with the pie plate or whatever, so it would be fine to leave the yellow on underneath....of course, I am probably just getting this wrong too, so I'll just stfu

oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #102
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer: 2,583
IN for china hat.
IN for goldendale XC on 4-3
Old 02-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #103
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,240
You'll be fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
I have been asked to be part of a team for the 6 hour race... I keep saying no cause I wanna live
I did the 6hr. as an Ironman! I finished can't remember where I placed though

A girl racing buddy of mine won the 12hr. Ironman a few years ago!!

You can do it!

Go Fishy!!!!
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #104
Luke OP
GPoET&P

So who's up for going to Eddieville this Sunday? They're having a practice days every weekend if weather cooperates (and it should), so this is a good chance to get out and try out the track before a race. It's $25 for the day, and should be cheap to get there if we carpool.

The first 6-hour is in less than a month, so it's time to get ready!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #105
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
So who's up for going to Eddieville this Sunday? They're having a practice days every weekend if weather cooperates (and it should), so this is a good chance to get out and try out the track before a race. It's $25 for the day, and should be cheap to get there if we carpool.

The first 6-hour is in less than a month, so it's time to get ready!
I am asking for Sunday off. Carpool sounds good.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote