ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #7111
Renegade_Azzy
Kamen Rider
 
Renegade_Azzy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: SW PA
Oddometer: 383
__________________
___
Off-road design and accessories, home of the best replacement Jeep XJ gauge cluster: www.AzzysDesignWorks.com Let us help design your club or organization stickers, fliers, and logos.
Renegade_Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #7112
steveb126
Adventurer Anonymous
 
steveb126's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Wooster,OH
Oddometer: 976
__________________
I may not be much, but I'm all I think about.
Wee & Wingabago Wanderings
steveb126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #7113
ceke
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Sandiegostan
Oddometer: 102
MotoGP 2012 Laguna Seca Fox Hill

Camped out on Fox Hill at the MotoGP

and touring Hwy 1 in Northern California the following week

with my daughter.
__________________
96 DR350, 05 DL1000
minimalistmoto.com
ceke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #7114
ShooterDave
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Caliscrewitself
Oddometer: 1,381
Here is my most recent bike. An '07 V-Strom 650 with ~20k miles. Am in the middle of farkling it out and getting it ready for some trips with my girlfriend.




__________________
My Lower 48+ ride on my XR650L - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565350

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:44 AM   #7115
CAMODUDE
Adventurer
 
CAMODUDE's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Bedford PA
Oddometer: 63
Thats a nice looking wee dave, did you mod the rear fender ? mine was like that when i got it, i put PT ATV HIGH BARS on mine a few weeks ago
much more comfortable and handles better on dirt for me any way they are an inch or 2 wider than the stock ones but some guys cut them down but i like them the way they are
CAMODUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #7116
TCAdventure
Sport Adventurer
 
TCAdventure's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Traverse City, MI
Oddometer: 418
...

North side of Mackinac Bridge getting ready to return to the lower peninsula.

__________________
What difference will it make in 100 years?

2003 WR450F (plated), 2009 DR650,
2012 Super Tenere, 2012 Concours C14
TCAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #7117
shanekingsley
Motoman
 
shanekingsley's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Canuckistan
Oddometer: 135
Embracing the Orange





shanekingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #7118
Bocephous
Bitter Clinger
 
Bocephous's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Smiley/Tirzah, NEPA
Oddometer: 342
My 'strom lost a few lbs this weekend. Voice got deeper, too.

__________________
'04 DL1000
'02 FZ1

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
Bocephous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #7119
EVLED
Studly Adventurer
 
EVLED's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
What the hell does that sign say

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapiki maungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu. The longest place name in the world. It means "The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one."
EVLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #7120
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard
 
PWRCRZR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Mid-Coast Maine
Oddometer: 7,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVLED View Post
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapiki maungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu. The longest place name in the world. It means "The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one."
Why yes it is...thanks for sharing. I would love to here it pronounced.
__________________
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #7121
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy
 
EvanADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Joplor, NC
Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanekingsley View Post

Wow, love your setup. I've got the same color Wee.

How tall are you and how do you like that windscreen? I'm 6'4" and in the market for one. Already have the madstad.

Also, is that the Endure Guardian skidplate/highway peg setup? How do you like it?
__________________
Current Steeds: '08 FJR1300 | '02 DR650
Former Steeds: '99 DR650 | '02 DR650 | '09 DL650 | '07 B1250
9 states left to ride: WI, MN, ND, SD, UT, OK, KS, AK, and HI.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #7122
shanekingsley
Motoman
 
shanekingsley's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Canuckistan
Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanADV View Post
Wow, love your setup. I've got the same color Wee.

How tall are you and how do you like that windscreen? I'm 6'4" and in the market for one. Already have the madstad.

Also, is that the Endure Guardian skidplate/highway peg setup? How do you like it?
Hi Evan,
I'm about 6' and the screen is more than high enough. My girlfriend sits on the back of the bike and her head sits above mine (+ further back), and she also says the windshield stops most of the wind noise and helmet buffeting. It's the Givi screen (Part # D260ST) and it's 22.5 inches tall.

It is the Enduro set-up. I really like the skid plate and have bashed it a few times. Very tough and well made with excellent fit and finish. I got the one in stainless steel and it's mounted to the Givi engine guards.
As for the Enduro highway pegs, after riding with them I would say that they are good but not excellent. I thought they looked a bit nicer in pictures than in person. I have also played with how tight they are mounted to the highway peg mounting bar and they seem to still vibrate a bit more than I would like. The vibration then feeds to my feet (above 6k rpm) and at first it feels like a nice massage, but after a while it becomes annoying and I move my feet off them and onto the normal pegs. They are certainly better than nothing at all and I will continue to use them for longer trips.

On my last DL650, I used to have a set of Rivco pegs mounted on Hepco Becker bars and they were much nicer looking and did not vibrate even the slightest amount.
Here's a pic of my old bike with them mounted directly to the bars.


I liked the picture you posted earlier... If you have never been down there for their Vintage Bike Festival, it's quite an amazing time.
shanekingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #7123
Renegade_Azzy
Kamen Rider
 
Renegade_Azzy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: SW PA
Oddometer: 383
Yesterday Gram wanted a pic for her Christmas cards:





And took a ride on a snowmobile trail I ran across:

__________________
___
Off-road design and accessories, home of the best replacement Jeep XJ gauge cluster: www.AzzysDesignWorks.com Let us help design your club or organization stickers, fliers, and logos.
Renegade_Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #7124
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy
 
EvanADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Joplor, NC
Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanekingsley View Post
Hi Evan,
I'm about 6' and the screen is more than high enough. My girlfriend sits on the back of the bike and her head sits above mine (+ further back), and she also says the windshield stops most of the wind noise and helmet buffeting. It's the Givi screen (Part # D260ST) and it's 22.5 inches tall.

It is the Enduro set-up. I really like the skid plate and have bashed it a few times. Very tough and well made with excellent fit and finish. I got the one in stainless steel and it's mounted to the Givi engine guards.
As for the Enduro highway pegs, after riding with them I would say that they are good but not excellent. I thought they looked a bit nicer in pictures than in person. I have also played with how tight they are mounted to the highway peg mounting bar and they seem to still vibrate a bit more than I would like. The vibration then feeds to my feet (above 6k rpm) and at first it feels like a nice massage, but after a while it becomes annoying and I move my feet off them and onto the normal pegs. They are certainly better than nothing at all and I will continue to use them for longer trips.

On my last DL650, I used to have a set of Rivco pegs mounted on Hepco Becker bars and they were much nicer looking and did not vibrate even the slightest amount.
Here's a pic of my old bike with them mounted directly to the bars.


I liked the picture you posted earlier... If you have never been down there for their Vintage Bike Festival, it's quite an amazing time.
Thanks for the input!
__________________
Current Steeds: '08 FJR1300 | '02 DR650
Former Steeds: '99 DR650 | '02 DR650 | '09 DL650 | '07 B1250
9 states left to ride: WI, MN, ND, SD, UT, OK, KS, AK, and HI.
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #7125
CafeRacer99
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 372
Thought I would drop a pic of my son on his Vstrom 650 in here.

This is on the way down from Engineer Pass this past weekend.

__________________
Ride to Coffee
Coffee to Ride
CafeRacer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014