ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #7651
Storyteller
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Lickity-Split and the Big Ditch, MI
Oddometer: 36
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #7652
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrGoldfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
How does that driver back rest work for riding two up? Does the passenger have issues with it at all? I'm imagining the passenger's legs rubbing on it and it not being comfortable. I like the idea though because it would keep the passenger from sliding into me as I ride, not to mention having a back rest would be nice.
__________________
Currently Owned: 2008 KLR 650
Previously Owned: 1998 Honda XR100; 2001 Honda XR250
2013 RR: Phoenix to Santa Fe & Back! July 4th Weekend Adventure
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #7653
valongbeard
Accidental Adventure
 
valongbeard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Oddometer: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Deals Gap dragon sticker on an Arizona bike = nice.
__________________
2006 DL650 - Adventurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica View Post
I liked his form but the results were negligible.
valongbeard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #7654
svs
All Hands on Deck!
 
svs's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Huntington Beach
Oddometer: 24,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by valongbeard View Post
Deals Gap dragon sticker on an Arizona bike = nice.
CA bike..

__________________
If a physical fact can produce a psychological state, a psychological state can produce a physical fact... The whole of creation is asleep within the deep of man and is awakened to objective existence by his subconscious assumptions.
svs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #7655
TinMan207
Most often a lurker...
 
TinMan207's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Maine -- most days
Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRCRZR View Post
So I bought my Vee new in August of 2009,....

You still have a few great memories (and Miles) to go my friend. I just registered Mine again today. 85,500-ish Miles on mine


Admittedly, not all of them are mine, but a whole mess of 'em are!

Probably gonna put another 6,000 on it at the end of June. You are welcome to tag along
__________________
When I was young I hoped to be Rich and good looking. At this point, I think that having great stories of many adventures is a much better plan

06 Suzuki DL650 (2 at the moment!) - 00 DR650

TinMan207 screwed with this post 04-10-2013 at 02:20 PM
TinMan207 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #7656
valongbeard
Accidental Adventure
 
valongbeard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Oddometer: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
CA bike..

Double "nice". I am digging the flames. I think when my teeth lose adhesion I'll move to flames. Man, I dig 'em.

__________________
2006 DL650 - Adventurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica View Post
I liked his form but the results were negligible.
valongbeard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #7657
w9fcc
Life is good!
 
w9fcc's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: SE Minnesota
Oddometer: 69
My new 2012 V-Strom 650

Well, here's my new beast, 2012 V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure.
Actually I made one out of a standard V-Strom. Added my own
hand picked accessories:

Givi skid plate
Givi Engine guards
Givi Trekker hard bags
Suzuki hand guards
Bike Master heated grips
Suzuki Low seat
Suzuki center stand

I have a 46 liter Trekker ordered that I'll use as the
left side bag, moving the Trekker 33 up to top case.

So far I really love this bike!!!











__________________
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure
2011 BMW F800ST Traded in)
2003 BMW R1150GS (traded in)
Blog: http://w9fcc.blogspot.com/
Lay Cistercian
w9fcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #7658
Storyteller
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Lickity-Split and the Big Ditch, MI
Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post
How does that driver back rest work for riding two up? Does the passenger have issues with it at all? I'm imagining the passenger's legs rubbing on it and it not being comfortable. I like the idea though because it would keep the passenger from sliding into me as I ride, not to mention having a back rest would be nice.
Mama is not a big fan of the driver's backrest when she rides with me. You nailed it that the rest effects her leg comfort. For me, riding solo, which is pretty much the norm the backrest is AWESOME!!

Not so much when I go off the slab, as I REALLY like to take the bike off slab, but all I have to do is unscrew a couple nuts and i can take the rest off and throw it in my top box. No biggies and totally worth the money!
Storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #7659
Storyteller
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Lickity-Split and the Big Ditch, MI
Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by valongbeard View Post
Deals Gap dragon sticker on an Arizona bike = nice.
Mr Goldfish is the AZ rider, I'm in MI, though I'd like to ride to AZ and check things out for sure!

I meant to grab a VA sticker when I rode through there, but forgot to....here is a pic from GW National Forest....

[IMG][/IMG]
Storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #7660
valongbeard
Accidental Adventure
 
valongbeard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Oddometer: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
Mr Goldfish is the AZ rider, I'm in MI, though I'd like to ride to AZ and check things out for sure!

I meant to grab a VA sticker when I rode through there, but forgot to....here is a pic from GW National Forest....

[IMG][/IMG]
I saw my mistake too late. I couldn't get my foot out of my mouth fast enough to save it. It did out a sweet California bike though.

Nice bike. Your pic was right in my back yard. Holler next time and i will connect you with a Cat Herder sticker.
__________________
2006 DL650 - Adventurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica View Post
I liked his form but the results were negligible.
valongbeard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #7661
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrGoldfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
Mama is not a big fan of the driver's backrest when she rides with me. You nailed it that the rest effects her leg comfort. For me, riding solo, which is pretty much the norm the backrest is AWESOME!!

Not so much when I go off the slab, as I REALLY like to take the bike off slab, but all I have to do is unscrew a couple nuts and i can take the rest off and throw it in my top box. No biggies and totally worth the money!
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still riding a KLR right now, but I'm drooling over all the Wee Stroms. I think it will do a lot better than the KLR for riding 2 up. The KLR's seat is just too small for long days in the saddle. Sigh... one day I'll trade up.
__________________
Currently Owned: 2008 KLR 650
Previously Owned: 1998 Honda XR100; 2001 Honda XR250
2013 RR: Phoenix to Santa Fe & Back! July 4th Weekend Adventure
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #7662
CottonTop
Rider
 
CottonTop's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by getset View Post
From this


to this



to this

This is great! Can you ditch the stock cans and go with a single carbon fiber exhaust can? I bet you would shed 15 lbs.
__________________
============
Super Tenere
CottonTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #7663
Bravo21
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bravo21's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by w9fcc View Post
Well, here's my new beast, 2012 V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure.
Actually I made one out of a standard V-Strom. Added my own
hand picked accessories:

Givi skid plate
Givi Engine guards
Givi Trekker hard bags
Suzuki hand guards
Bike Master heated grips
Suzuki Low seat
Suzuki center stand

I have a 46 liter Trekker ordered that I'll use as the
left side bag, moving the Trekker 33 up to top case.

So far I really love this bike!!!
Man, I really like the looks of the 2012 Wee. I like my black 08 but not as much as your white 12. I sat on one at a recent MC show and was surprised how comfortable it was. Seat and handlebars felt wonderful. I had to replace both and add a bar riser on my 08. The new model felt a little less bulky up front and less top heavy. If I was shopping for a bike today, I'd be looking for a newer model DL650.
__________________
Dave
2008 DL650 V-strom (black)
2003 KL250 Super Sherpa
_________________________
Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.
Bravo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #7664
sgmartz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Simi Valley
Oddometer: 103
Photo Mar 26, 6 54 08 PM
__________________
2007 V-Strom
sgmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #7665
quattroman
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Temple Terrace, FL
Oddometer: 60
Yeii....I get to post here. I just picked this one up. 2012 DL1000, only 1 mile on the ODO. Took advantage of Suzuki's 0% deal....

It is going to be my commuter / adventure bike.





__________________
Look at my blog Riding Paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat
...it's not how long you last that counts, but how much 'living' you manage to cram into life before the inevitable.
quattroman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014