ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #76
btcn OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
btcn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Morgan Hill CA
Oddometer: 2,880
Yes, and that is why it sucks that they don't care about guys like us who enjoy throwing around a 250 in the twisties or getting over 70 MPG while still being able to do 75 MPH! Yes, a 250 is adequate for many, but not enough for them! I also wish they would make a cool new 250 cc bike!
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #77
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer
 
DudeClone's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: here, there, everywhere
Oddometer: 1,316
^ how sweet whould the PCX be with a 250cc at around $4000 with a suspension designed for fun? how sweet, i say!

very sweet, indeed
__________________
bikes
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #78
btcn OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
btcn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Morgan Hill CA
Oddometer: 2,880
Definitely! Then it could go nearly as fast as it looks!
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #79
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer
 
DudeClone's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: here, there, everywhere
Oddometer: 1,316
true that. but come to think of it i think The Genuine Scooter Co. have already done it. they call it the Blur 220i and at 220cc its pretty wicked



oops. sry, Honda
__________________
bikes

DudeClone screwed with this post 12-24-2010 at 01:29 AM
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:45 AM   #80
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhandmoto View Post
To return to the original point, is the SH150i priced roughly the same throughout Europe as in the US?

If so, is it really considered to be 'overpriced' there as it seems to be here?
I'm not sure about the 150, but the SH300i is the most expensive 300cc
scooter available on our (Croatian) market, a 2009 model costs more then
most 2010/11 500cc scooters, regardless of brand.

But that's why they still have '08 models in stock.. (priced same as for
example the new BV300 (Beverly) or the Gilera Nexus 300).
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #81
gizmo309
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
I'm not sure about the 150, but the SH300i is the most expensive 300cc
scooter available on our (Croatian) market, a 2009 model costs more then
most 2010/11 500cc scooters, regardless of brand.

But that's why they still have '08 models in stock.. (priced same as for
example the new BV300 (Beverly) or the Gilera Nexus 300).
What is the price of the BV300 there? I'd like to try to figure what it will cost in the U.S. when it gets here next year. Looks fantastic!

Thanks!

Bob

gizmo309 screwed with this post 12-25-2010 at 11:06 AM
gizmo309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #82
LarryRickenbacker
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW La. (USA)
Oddometer: 312
Sh150i is a blast!

Howdy,

Sorry for changing the subject, but my "new" Sh150i is more fun than fighting with kinfolk! Shucks, it even draws praise when refueling (well..the one time I gassed up it stopped a conversation and folks began grinning).

And the female bank Prez & loan officer came outside and "ooh'd and ahh'd" over it. The loan officer began pestering me with questions on her husband's behalf about how one actually carry's stuff on a scooter. It seems they're interested in owning a scoot, now. I was delighted to explain. :)
LarryRickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #83
redhandmoto
Studly Adventurer
 
redhandmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: People's Democratic Republic of Tarsnakestan
Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryRickenbacker View Post
Howdy,

Sorry for changing the subject, but my "new" Sh150i is more fun than fighting with kinfolk! Shucks, it even draws praise when refueling (well..the one time I gassed up it stopped a conversation and folks began grinning).

And the female bank Prez & loan officer came outside and "ooh'd and ahh'd" over it. The loan officer began pestering me with questions on her husband's behalf about how one actually carry's stuff on a scooter. It seems they're interested in owning a scoot, now. I was delighted to explain. :)
Attaboy, Larry! Spread the word!
redhandmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:10 AM   #84
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo309 View Post
What is the price of the BV300 there? I'd like to try to figure what it will cost in the U.S. when it gets here next year. Looks fantastic!

Thanks!

Bob
I'm rather sure that our price is of no use to you, but..
It's around $6500, same as the old model was.

If you wanna compare to something you already have, the Ninja 650R
is over $9000 here..
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #85
gizmo309
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
I'm rather sure that our price is of no use to you, but..
It's around $6500, same as the old model was.

If you wanna compare to something you already have, the Ninja 650R
is over $9000 here..
Thanks for the info. If Piaggio keeps the price the same as the old model here it will be a REAL BARGIN! They are $4899.00 here- American dollars. I have some pix saved from an Italian site- they really look nice- lots of nice details. The Italians must think so too since it's become a best seller over there.

Thanks again!

Bob
gizmo309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:17 AM   #86
Cortez
BAZINGA!
 
Cortez's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Croatia
Oddometer: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo309 View Post
Thanks for the info. If Piaggio keeps the price the same as the old model here it will be a REAL BARGIN! They are $4899.00 here- American dollars. I have some pix saved from an Italian site- they really look nice- lots of nice details. The Italians must think so too since it's become a best seller over there.

Thanks again!

Bob

It's a great improvement over the old model supposedly, which was
already a great design. I loved the 400/500cc versions.

..but I'm eyeballing the Kymco Downtown 300i as a favorite in that
class, and might replace both my current bikes with one of those.
__________________
'08 Yamaha FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #87
techguy
Scooter Trash
 
techguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
It's a great improvement over the old model supposedly, which was
already a great design. I loved the 400/500cc versions.

..but I'm eyeballing the Kymco Downtown 300i as a favorite in that
class, and might replace both my current bikes with one of those.

Me too..
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #88
alphaBETAdog
Gnarly Adventurer
 
alphaBETAdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Central Arizona
Oddometer: 265
Looks like a nice price for a new SH150i in Phoenix

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcd/2244673511.html

Probably not OTD and/or what type of "junk" fees they'll try to attach. I'ts a purdy burgundy one, though.
__________________
'13 Suzuki Vstrom 650
'08 Beta 450 RS
'12 Kymco Gti300, '03 Aprilia Scarabeo 150
alphaBETAdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #89
hexnut
just cruising
 
hexnut's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: middle Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaBETAdog View Post
Looks like a nice price for a new SH150i in Phoenix

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcd/2244673511.html

Probably not OTD and/or what type of "junk" fees they'll try to attach. I'ts a purdy burgundy one, though.
Castle power sports where I bought my Kymco People 150 has the Honda 150 for $3499 as well.
__________________
Kymco People S 250
2012 Honda Shadow Spirit

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014